Colt Cabana

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
typicalrohfan

Colt Cabana

Post by typicalrohfan »

Who wants him back in ROH? Who doesn't? Why?
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Colt Cabana

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I'm sort of neutral on Colt. From a business stand point, he's a great asset as he has a good following. From a product view, he doesn't bring that much in my opinion. His matches in the last six or so months of his run were all the same, boring match. Maybe a break is what he needed, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return at '10th Anniversary Show' and I'd love to see him align with Steen.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

Maybe he'll surprise us all and return as a full blown serious heel?

He did really well in his "man gone off the deep end" role when feuding with Homicide in 2005/2006 so it wouldn't say it's impossible for him to be an effective heel. In fact thinking about it, with all his comic tendencies I think he'd do an Eddie Guerrero lie cheat & steal-esque heel REALLY well too.

Anybody seen him doing his Officer Colt Cabana shtick in JCW?
cviens

Post by cviens »

Didn't we have this thread already?
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

Given his last run mainly involved his comedy routine taking over matches and, by pure coincidence, always making the opponent look like shit, I don't miss him - nor do I believe the whole "his act was to comedic for the all-too-serious ROH" line. He was stale.
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

D2Kvirus wrote:Given his last run mainly involved his comedy routine taking over matches and, by pure coincidence, always making the opponent look like shit, I don't miss him - nor do I believe the whole "his act was to comedic for the all-too-serious ROH" line. He was stale.
This. Would like to see him back but doing something different. I think he could be a great heel. Question is is that what he wants?
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

If ROH put him in the spot of bad cop like he's been doing in Juggalo Championship Wrestling I would be all for it. He has been doing his best work as a heel bad Cop, and it's hilarious stuff
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
cviens

Post by cviens »

HarpoonIPA wrote:If ROH put him in the spot of bad cop like he's been doing in Juggalo Championship Wrestling I would be all for it. He has been doing his best work as a heel bad Cop, and it's hilarious stuff
As I said in the previous Colt Cabana thread... This! Officer Colt Cabana is excellent.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Here's the other Cabana thread: http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42

There's also a video of 'Officer Colt Cabana' there.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

I don't think he'll be back anytime soon, and yes the reason is exactly what you'd think.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Like him, don't want him back though.
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

I'm with WrestlingMatters.

This guy embodies what an independent wrestler is all about. He's technically solid like few other guys on the scene. His personality is off the charts. And he's just plain likeable.

But ... how memorable has he been outside of some major feuds that happened years and years ago? Homicide, amazing. His run with Punk and that match against the Briscoes, amazing. His pure wrestling contests with Nigel, gold. But was he ever really headlining shows and storylines? It pains me to say it, but Colt isn't someone I'd really want back unless the comedy routine was a distant second or third priority. If you bring him in as a legit heel, I'd be very interested. Otherwise, a slightly regrettable pass just because of who he is.
WrestlingMatters

SamoaNOAH wrote:I'm with WrestlingMatters.

This guy embodies what an independent wrestler is all about. He's technically solid like few other guys on the scene. His personality is off the charts. And he's just plain likeable.

But ... how memorable has he been outside of some major feuds that happened years and years ago? Homicide, amazing. His run with Punk and that match against the Briscoes, amazing. His pure wrestling contests with Nigel, gold. But was he ever really headlining shows and storylines? It pains me to say it, but Colt isn't someone I'd really want back unless the comedy routine was a distant second or third priority. If you bring him in as a legit heel, I'd be very interested. Otherwise, a slightly regrettable pass just because of who he is.
Yeah exactly, after the Steen/Generico angle he was just doing the same routine over and over and seemed like he didn't really want to be there, which is understandable. He's done everything in ROH except being a straight up heel and if that's something he's interested in doing I would love to see him back.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

I can understand people's problem with his comedy gimmick if he was just taking up roster space. But when people like Grizzly Redwood, Andy Ridge and Mike Mondo are on the roster still, how can you complain? He might not be amazing but he's better than most of the current undercard who have no real gimmicks or storylines either.
WrestlingMatters

fm20000 wrote:I can understand people's problem with his comedy gimmick if he was just taking up roster space. But when people like Grizzly Redwood, Andy Ridge and Mike Mondo are on the roster still, how can you complain? He might not be amazing but he's better than most of the current undercard who have no real gimmicks or storylines either.
Add Bennett, Ciampa, Haas & Benjamin to that list. I would take him over any of those guys I'm just not desperate to have him back though.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

The guy is 1000 times better than anyone on the roster. He should be making a million dollars a year.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

He brought something different to ROH that No one else did with the comedy and as a special attraction and could still fill that role. ROH could really use an infusion of personality right now and he's got it in spades.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
WrestlingMatters

JSWO wrote:The guy is 1000 times better than anyone on the roster. He should be making a million dollars a year.
He should have been resigned by WWE a long time ago.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
JSWO wrote:The guy is 1000 times better than anyone on the roster. He should be making a million dollars a year.
He should have been resigned by WWE a long time ago.

Absolutely. Unfortunately there's people in high places at WWE with a negative connotation to both Cabana and people like Cabana.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

fm20000 wrote:I can understand people's problem with his comedy gimmick if he was just taking up roster space. But when people like Grizzly Redwood, Andy Ridge and Mike Mondo are on the roster still, how can you complain? He might not be amazing but he's better than most of the current undercard who have no real gimmicks or storylines either.
Their gimmicks don't make their opponents look like shit in matches like Comedy Cabana in every match of his second stint that wasn't part of the Steen/Generico feud.

If he toned down the comedy, and I mean tone it right down, I'd welcome him back.