Which Show?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AndyDiaz

Which Show?

Post by AndyDiaz »

Had the ring outside? Cause I remember seeing in one of the ROH Welcome videos showed a clip of Austin Aries doing a 450 onto someone outside. Anyone know the show?
LariatWinslow

Re: Which Show?

Post by LariatWinslow »

AndyDiaz wrote:Had the ring outside? Cause I remember seeing in one of the ROH Welcome videos showed a clip of Austin Aries doing a 450 onto someone outside. Anyone know the show?
Oh. I think there was a bit where Ring of Honor was on a morning show or something, and Austin Aries had a little warm-up match against...maybe Azrieal?

The ring was completely outside on that one--no tent or anything--but it wasn't a show, I don't think.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Oh. Cool thanks.
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

It was when they was on the PIX11 Morning News here in New York, which I still find crazy. That's huge.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I always wondered what this was. All I remembered seeing of it was Aries doing the 450 but I never knew where it was or if it was even an actual show.
Tree

Post by Tree »

it was great publicity, but the reporter was annoying, and somewhat disrespectful.

that being said, ROH has had at least two shows outside:
Generation Next and Glory By Honor V, Night 1 were both outside, under tents.

yes, a tent show was the most important show in ROH history, and a tent show featured KENTA & Naomichi Marafuji defeating Jay & Mark Briscoe in the Main Event (with kick ass Samoa Joe/Roderick Strong match right before it, Austin Aries vs. Davey Richards earlier in the card.)
Tim

Post by Tim »

Think having another tent show or just completely outside would be a bad idea or kinda cool?
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

Generation Next (2004) was outside in a tent.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Being in a tent won't make a show good. It will just make it look like a crappy small indy show. Having the same show in a uniquely cool looking venue would be much better.