ROH screws Guys out of Money

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Re: ROH screws Guys out of Money

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

This would make sense if they were signed to exclusive contracts. They're not. They can wrestle other places and sell their own merch at non ROH shows.
Plenty of ROH guys are still on PWT.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
classic-cabana wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Does anyone know which wrestlers this situation specifically refers to?
Anyone under contract and has stuff on PWT, that's Steen, Lethal, Elgin, Edwards and others if contracted.
I heard from somewhere that only Lethal & Elgin got their's taken off PWT. Also I just checked the Pro Wrestling Tees Website and Steen, Edwards, and a bunch of other ROH Guys (and Gals) still have all of their T-Shirts up & available for purchase...
PWT said it was just two, and these are the two that had to close the stores. I am guessing merchandise is in their ROH contract, that is really the only legal way I can see ROH being able to demand the closures. If there is nothing about merchandising in the contracts, this is incredibly pathetic. As noted in the thread, ROH can't provide a full time salary to most of these guys, so that would be really low class.
Tree

Post by Tree »

bik100 wrote:
BrandenScott wrote:I will say this. I have a friend who was X division champion as recent as last year. He was making (while champion) just $250 a show. My wife is good friends with his girlfriend and she told us both that it is frustrating because he could make more money doing something with his college degree. I didn't want to out this wrestler but for those who think I am just bs'ing I will say this wrestlers girlfriend had to start an online site for fans to help pay for his recent medical bills because TNA refused to help.
Not sure how much I believe that, Taeler Hendrix was making $2,000 a month on her developmental deal.
are you implying that 2,000 a month is a lot of money?
Smile

Post by Smile »

Tree wrote:
bik100 wrote:
BrandenScott wrote:I will say this. I have a friend who was X division champion as recent as last year. He was making (while champion) just $250 a show. My wife is good friends with his girlfriend and she told us both that it is frustrating because he could make more money doing something with his college degree. I didn't want to out this wrestler but for those who think I am just bs'ing I will say this wrestlers girlfriend had to start an online site for fans to help pay for his recent medical bills because TNA refused to help.
Not sure how much I believe that, Taeler Hendrix was making $2,000 a month on her developmental deal.
are you implying that 2,000 a month is a lot of money?
That's what WWE developmental talent make. $2000 per month.
JSP

Post by JSP »

That's $24,000 a year, not discounting taxes. It's not very much this day and age.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Yep, unfortunately it's not ideal. That's why I can see some talents jumping to TNA who won't be called up by WWE like Ohno.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Ohno would be called up if he got into shape.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

If I were a wrestler I'd be happy making 2000 a month
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
bik100

Post by bik100 »

JSP wrote:Ohno would be called up if he got into shape.
Not sure how serious he is about that type of thing tbh.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

I think Generico debunked that rumor on Twitter
bik100

Post by bik100 »

YimYac wrote:
I think Generico debunked that rumor on Twitter
Proof?
JSP

Post by JSP »

He still needs to get in shape instead of relying on steroids like he did when he was on the indies.
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

Since this is about comparing salaries now, how profitable is it to tour Japan? I assume as you move up the card it gets better there too. Seems like only a few guys can really rely on Japan tours. NJPW has to be the better of all the promotions, right? At least right now.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Shook1 wrote:
PWT said it was just two, and these are the two that had to close the stores. I am guessing merchandise is in their ROH contract, that is really the only legal way I can see ROH being able to demand the closures. If there is nothing about merchandising in the contracts, this is incredibly pathetic. As noted in the thread, ROH can't provide a full time salary to most of these guys, so that would be really low class.
I assumed it was all contracted guys. If not that's even shittier. I mean I really like Steen but if I was Elgin or Lethal I'd be livid, I mean Steen gets a lot of merch put out and pushed by ROH (he is the man in ROH after all) but at least give everyone else a chance to make money elsewhere if they aren't going to push merch for Elgin or Lethal as much.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Six String Samurai wrote:Since this is about comparing salaries now, how profitable is it to tour Japan? I assume as you move up the card it gets better there too. Seems like only a few guys can really rely on Japan tours. NJPW has to be the better of all the promotions, right? At least right now.
Japan is all dependent on experience, guys from TNA or WWE get paid much larger over there as TV from both companies gets large viewership in Japan.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Six String Samurai wrote:Since this is about comparing salaries now, how profitable is it to tour Japan? I assume as you move up the card it gets better there too. Seems like only a few guys can really rely on Japan tours. NJPW has to be the better of all the promotions, right? At least right now.
There's a saying nowadays among the American wrestling scene whenever Japan is brought up, "it doesn't pay as much as it used to," when Laurinitas and Stan Hansen were over there they were definitely making great money, but these days and for the better part of the last decade it can't be all that good unless you're important or a regular.

I'll put it this way, Prince Devitt for example has to have been making good money because he doesn't live full-time in Japan anymore, he flies back and forth from Ireland, which has to be expensive.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

JSP wrote:He still needs to get in shape instead of relying on steroids like he did when he was on the indies.
This reads like slander and bullshit to me.

Please give some proof of this other than the tests he failed that held up his WWE signing, which were shown to be a result of NATURALLY elevated testosterone.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Smile wrote:This is very odd. But this is probably Sinclair's doing, looking to make every penny they can from ROH wrestlers.
Yeah. This is definitely a corporate thing. The Rangers had some problems with the NHL a few years back because they wanted to run merchandise through their own website rather than the NHL website. This seems like the same sort of thing.
JSP

Post by JSP »

K.O. wrote:
JSP wrote:He still needs to get in shape instead of relying on steroids like he did when he was on the indies.
This reads like slander and bullshit to me.

Please give some proof of this other than the tests he failed that held up his WWE signing, which were shown to be a result of NATURALLY elevated testosterone.
Look at you getting angry over "bullshit." Calm yourself. Of course he didn't do steroids.
felkerpat

Post by felkerpat »

1) This post has gotten so often topic so many times it is hilarious!

2) As someone noted earlier a lot of the wrestler's stores are still up, are we sure the original report is legitimate? It seems like if it was their stores would have been taken down already.
Saying a wrestler isn't good because they're not in WWE is like saying a musician isn't good because they're not in Nickelback - Chuck Taylor