ROH screws Guys out of Money

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
RacingBoy

ROH screws Guys out of Money

Post by RacingBoy »

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publ ... 2650.shtml

What a low class move by ROH. At the end of the ROH is still an indy company where guys aren't making anywhere near the money guys in WWE and TNA do and now they are cutting off a way guys could make a little extra money
AndyDiaz

Re: ROH screws Guys out of Money

Post by AndyDiaz »

I noticed that a lot of ROH guys were closing down there PWT's stores which I found to be really odd. And I guess it makes sense now. This is really dumb in my view, guys should be able to make money any way they can, but I guess I understand ROH's point..
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

If ROH isn't capable of providing a full time comfortable living for their wrestlers they have no right to shut down outside sources of income
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

That is the most manipulative title I've ever seen on a forum post here.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

BigTChamp wrote:If ROH isn't capable of providing a full time comfortable living for their wrestlers they have no right to shut down outside sources of income
Actually if someone is contracted to the company they have every right. The moment someone signs that dotted line much like how WWE can do whatever it likes, so can ROH.
Smile

Post by Smile »

This is very odd. But this is probably Sinclair's doing, looking to make every penny they can from ROH wrestlers.
Smile

Post by Smile »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
BigTChamp wrote:If ROH isn't capable of providing a full time comfortable living for their wrestlers they have no right to shut down outside sources of income
Actually if someone is contracted to the company they have every right. The moment someone signs that dotted line much like how WWE can do whatever it likes, so can ROH.
The difference, however, is WWE includes these little clauses in their contracts. So does TNA. ROH obviously doesn't so technically, the talent has every right to sell their merchandise on any site.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

ROH pays contract wrestlers a salary >. I read a interview with Kevin Steen where he stated he gets a monthly check from ROH. If the contract states that all merch sales go thur the ROH store , nobody is getting screwed out of money .

AS for TNA they don't pay worth a damn , unless you are a has been that cannot work . TNA is always months behind on pay . Ask Jay Lethal about TNA great pay , he was sent home and not paid anything for months . The Briscoes can make more working for ROH and running their yard business than going to TNA. .
Smile

Post by Smile »

Memphis Mark wrote:AS for TNA they don't pay worth a damn , unless you are a has been that cannot work . TNA is always months behind on pay . Ask Jay Lethal about TNA great pay , he was sent home and not paid anything for months . The Briscoes can make more working for ROH and running their yard business than going to TNA. .
You haven't a clue. TNA talent with contracts get paid quite well.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Smile wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote:AS for TNA they don't pay worth a damn , unless you are a has been that cannot work . TNA is always months behind on pay . Ask Jay Lethal about TNA great pay , he was sent home and not paid anything for months . The Briscoes can make more working for ROH and running their yard business than going to TNA. .
All TNA talent have contracts and anyone not an upper carder can barely make a living

Robbie E is a gym teacher as his side job I'm pretty sure.

Also Taylor Wilde stated that while KO Champion she had to work at Sunglasses Hut.
Smile

Post by Smile »

YimYac wrote:
Smile wrote:
All TNA talent have contracts and anyone not an upper carder can barely make a living

Also Taylor Wilde stated that while KO Champion she had to work at Sunglasses Hut.
I'm not going to argue with you because I know the truth. If you think that ROH is even close to comparable to TNA in salaries, you're delusional, which is really the point that Memphis Mark was trying to make.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

I think that the wrestlers should be able to make money anyway they can but if their contract has a clause that states otherwise...
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Smile wrote:
YimYac wrote:
Smile wrote:

I'm not going to argue with you because I know the truth. If you think that ROH is even close to comparable to TNA in salaries, you're delusional, which is really the point that Memphis Mark was trying to make.
I'd be glad to find Taylor Wilde's quote for you. When did I say TNA and ROH salaries are comparable?

Upper card TNA wrestlers get paid handsomely. Anyone else below that is pretty much left on their own. The Young Bucks make way more money off independent bookings than they did in TNA.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

I'd be glad to find Taylor Wilde's quote for you. When did I say TNA and ROH salaries are comparable?

Upper card TNA wrestlers get paid handsomely. Anyone else below that is pretty much left on their own. The Young Bucks make way more money off independent bookings than they did in TNA.[/quote]

In their interview with Kevin Steen, Nick Jackson stated that during their first year in TNA when they were on shows all the time they were being paid 3x as much as they had by anyone at that point.
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

How did this turn into a TNA bash-fest?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

The Bucks suddenly stopped being used by TNA less and less and stopped being paid because most undercard guys are on a pay per appearance deal.

The Bucks make more money selling their own merch and doing indy bookings as they've said before I'm sure
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

From the Bucks
It was actually The Bucks who asked for their release from Impact Wrestling and, while they believe they could have done more in the company, they have no regrets in leaving.

"We asked for our release because we were not being used enough to budget money for our families," said Nick. "We simply weren't making enough money. We asked for help and they didn't really want to do anything for us. So, it obviously wasn't going to work out."
JSP

Post by JSP »

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

Haven't Joey Ryan and a few other people lately said that they don't do the pay per appearance deals anymore, that all the guys have downside guarantees, and that's one of the reasons so many people who aren't being used were cut?
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

YimYac wrote:The Bucks suddenly stopped being used by TNA less and less and stopped being paid because most undercard guys are on a pay per appearance deal.

The Bucks make more money selling their own merch and doing indy bookings as they've said before I'm sure
Must be why they've recently said they could see themselves being back there soon, and why they talk about how they wish they wouldn't of made the mistake of leaving when they did, so they could have gotten better contracts in a year.