ROH screws Guys out of Money

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JSP

Re: ROH screws Guys out of Money

Post by JSP »

YimYac is outdated by a couple years considering people have gone on record saying the contracts are better now, but whatever. It's like anyone knows for sure but the wrestlers so it's useless griping.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

JSP wrote:YimYac is outdated by a couple years considering people have gone on record saying the contracts are better now, but whatever. It's like anyone knows for sure but the wrestlers so it's useless griping.
They are definitely better but like I said, better for Upper midcarders
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Oh, i've lost my way, i thought i was in the ROH section...
BTW, who are exactly these wrestlers who were forced to remove their shirts from the website ?
ImageImage
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

AssShooter wrote:Oh, i've lost my way, i thought i was in the ROH section...
BTW, who are exactly these wrestlers who were forced to remove their shirts from the website ?
Thank God I'm not the only one who's sick and tired of every thread turning into discussions about TNA. I'm sure there is a TNA forum to do so...
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I will say this. I have a friend who was X division champion as recent as last year. He was making (while champion) just $250 a show. My wife is good friends with his girlfriend and she told us both that it is frustrating because he could make more money doing something with his college degree. I didn't want to out this wrestler but for those who think I am just bs'ing I will say this wrestlers girlfriend had to start an online site for fans to help pay for his recent medical bills because TNA refused to help.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BrandenScott wrote:I will say this. I have a friend who was X division champion as recent as last year. He was making (while champion) just $250 a show. My wife is good friends with his girlfriend and she told us both that it is frustrating because he could make more money doing something with his college degree. I didn't want to out this wrestler but for those who think I am just bs'ing I will say this wrestlers girlfriend had to start an online site for fans to help pay for his recent medical bills because TNA refused to help.
You kind of just outed him.
LariatWinslow

Post by LariatWinslow »

TYFDK wrote:
BrandenScott wrote:I will say this. I have a friend who was X division champion as recent as last year. He was making (while champion) just $250 a show. My wife is good friends with his girlfriend and she told us both that it is frustrating because he could make more money doing something with his college degree. I didn't want to out this wrestler but for those who think I am just bs'ing I will say this wrestlers girlfriend had to start an online site for fans to help pay for his recent medical bills because TNA refused to help.
You kind of just outed him.
Yeah, there were only three X champs last year. Aries is healthy, and RVD doesn't seem to be lacking in money since he's back with the E.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

I understand why ROH did this but its still a dick move. I really hope ROH push more merch for those who had stuff on PWT because good guys are losing money. ROH have guys on contract and I believe they get residuals for merch sold but I hope signing an ROH contract is worth it financially.

Looks like Steen will have to start a new streak and guys will have to push their ROH merch on twitter instead.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I'm sure this makes Colt Cabana even more happy that he doesn't work for ROH.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Does anyone know which wrestlers this situation specifically refers to?
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

YimYac wrote:
JSP wrote:YimYac is outdated by a couple years considering people have gone on record saying the contracts are better now, but whatever. It's like anyone knows for sure but the wrestlers so it's useless griping.
They are definitely better but like I said, better for Upper midcarders
I like how you're acting as if this is fact based upon evidence a couple years ago, but on the flipside ONE ROH guy (Who is actually higher than an upper midcarder) says he gets paid a monthly salary and in your contrived, warped way that means ROH pays the talent better and warrants taking away independent selling.

This is a total dick move. ROH isn't WWE, I'm sure some of the roster counts on the money made by selling it themselves as opposed to their employer, and now they're splitting it in fractions.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

You're obviously talking about Aries who was paid terribly until he started getting his push by TNA

Now he is able to make a living obviously.

You just ended up reinforcing my point that people in the midcard and below are paid awful
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

And your source is? Because I just randomly searched google and found this Aries quote from last year before he even won the TNA title:
Austin Aries here. Not to let facts get in the way of a good story, but I worked for 3 years of THQ's WWE video games. My voice-over work for this year's game was done way before I signed with TNA. And I make very good money with TNA, for that matter. Thought you might like to have some actual factual info instead of making things up.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Aries was already an upper midcarder by that point.

Meanwhile lower midcard guys like Zema Ion can't even afford to pay for their surgeries. Like I said before I'm pretty sure Robbie E still has a day job.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Does anyone know which wrestlers this situation specifically refers to?
Anyone under contract and has stuff on PWT, that's Steen, Lethal, Elgin, Edwards and others if contracted.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Smile wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:
BigTChamp wrote:If ROH isn't capable of providing a full time comfortable living for their wrestlers they have no right to shut down outside sources of income
Actually if someone is contracted to the company they have every right. The moment someone signs that dotted line much like how WWE can do whatever it likes, so can ROH.
The difference, however, is WWE includes these little clauses in their contracts. So does TNA. ROH obviously doesn't so technically, the talent has every right to sell their merchandise on any site.
Not everything needs a clause, they've handed an ultimatum because their not making money from any of their stars t-shirts selling on ProWrestlingTees. Either you remove your items from the site, or we stop selling them at live events and on the site. Basically they have to pick one or the other.

The best solution would be for PWT's and ROH to come to some agreement that sees ROH get a cut of their talents t-shirt sales. That way the wrestler makes money, the site makes money and ROH makes money.
Tree

Post by Tree »

this is really nothing new, and certainly not a big deal.

your contract is with ROH. ROH owns you. if you're not happy with it, don't sign the contract.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I'm guessing it'd be smarter for Steen to give up his ROH merch for the PWT merch if it comes down to it. One Hour Tees prints all of the ROH tees also.

On the note of Aries, he was being paid very well the second he stepped back into TNA. I'm pretty sure The Young Bucks have said they'd go back to TNA if the offer was right, which I can see happening by October or so.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Not sure how much I believe that, Taeler Hendrix was making $2,000 a month on her developmental deal.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

classic-cabana wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Does anyone know which wrestlers this situation specifically refers to?
Anyone under contract and has stuff on PWT, that's Steen, Lethal, Elgin, Edwards and others if contracted.
I heard from somewhere that only Lethal & Elgin got their's taken off PWT. Also I just checked the Pro Wrestling Tees Website and Steen, Edwards, and a bunch of other ROH Guys (and Gals) still have all of their T-Shirts up & available for purchase...