Official All-Star Extravaganza V Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official All-Star Extravaganza V Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Because of what happened last night at the TV Tapings, I'm going to do something a little bit different. Since the results of the TV Tapings have a direct effect on this show, I will be splitting the card into two parts. The top half will be non-spoiler matches, which were not affected by the TV Tapings. The bottom half will consist of Spoiler Matches that were either affected or made official because of what happened at the TV Tapings.

EDIT: As I'm sure everyone is aware by now, Ring of Honor likes to spoil the results of their TV Tapings before they even air, which they just did today (7/29) in an article release on their website. However, since ROH pretty much negated their various Spoiler Warnings in regards to the Providence TV Tapings by posting the entire card for this show, with the changes, in their events page, I'm considering the card official.

So here is the card for ROH's return to Toronto and their debut in the Mattamy Athletic Centre/Maple Leaf Gardens:

All-Star Extravaganza V
Toronto, Ontario, Canada 8/3/13

- ROH World Tag Team Titles - The Forever Hooligans vs. The American Wolves
- ROH World Title Tournament - First Round - Kevin Steen vs. Brian Kendrick
- ROH World Title Tournament - First Round - Paul London vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- ROH World Title Tournament - First Round - ROH World TV Champion Matt Taven (with Truth Martini) vs. Roderick Strong
- ROH World Title Tournament - First Round - Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis) vs. BJ Whitmer
- ROH World Title Tournament - First Round - "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs. Silas Young
- ROH World Title Tournament - Quarter Finals - Adam Cole vs. Jay Lethal
- The Young Bucks vs. C & C Wrestle Factory vs. Adrenaline RUSH
- KUSHIDA vs. Adam Page

Not Appearing:

- reDRagon
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robareid

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza V Thread

Post by Robareid »

I've got a feeling that ROH are going to give out spoilers early, so I guess I'll have to avoid this thread until everything has aired on tv. I've already been spoilt on one thing from the TV taping by going of Strong Style Spirit, so I'll try to avoid everything else. May be hard though, so I'll probably take a sabbatical from both the official site and the boards once it happens.

In regards to the show, I really feel it has potential to be amazing. I'm especially looking forward to the tag team action at this show.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I'm hoping
Spoiler: show
Forever Hooligans defend and lose the titles to the Young Bucks here. Then maybe we get the Bucks vs. Wolves at Manhattan Mayhem and the Bucks win. Follow it up at DBD with Ultimate Endurance or just a regular 4-way elimination match between Forever Hooligans, YB, The Wolves, and RD. I'd say eliminate the Bucks first, then the Hooligans, and let the Wolves and RD tear the house down for another good chunk of action and let RD get their titles back against their biggest rivals.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

So.....
Are the Hooligans facing the Wolves for the belts then? RedDRagon said they aren't going to be at ASE now in that spoiler vid on ROH's youtube. Really don't see the Hooligans beating the Wolves cleanly...
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

fm20000 wrote:So.....
Are the Hooligans facing the Wolves for the belts then? RedDRagon said they aren't going to be at ASE now in that spoiler vid on ROH's youtube. Really don't see the Hooligans beating the Wolves cleanly...
Who knows....I guess we'll have to wait & find out during the week. Definitely creates some intrigue going into this show as well as Manhattan Mayhem V.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:As I'm sure everyone is aware by now, Ring of Honor likes to spoil the results of their TV Tapings before they even air.
Yes, this pisses me off. On facebook they have a picture with the caption "Major spoilers from tonight's tv taping." Do they not realize that saying it's a spoiler in the caption of the picture, and not even giving anyone the chance of avoiding it is completely idiotic?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:As I'm sure everyone is aware by now, Ring of Honor likes to spoil the results of their TV Tapings before they even air.
Yes, this pisses me off. On facebook they have a picture with the caption "Major spoilers from tonight's tv taping." Do they not realize that saying it's a spoiler in the caption of the picture, and not even giving anyone the chance of avoiding it is completely idiotic?
Every wrestling site will post the spoilers, what´s the point of keeping it hide? Post them and have people talking about it.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

187_Joeism wrote:
Every wrestling site will post the spoilers, what´s the point of keeping it hide? Post them and have people talking about it.
It makes it really hard to watch the TV spoiler free. You have to go onto the ROH website to watch it (for most people anyway) and on the front page they're spoiling everything.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kayfabe is dead right now is highly difficult to watch wrestling spoiler free, i understand your point but the mayority of the fanbase right now works that way.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

187_Joeism wrote:
Then don't say Spoiler Alert if you're not giving people an actual choice in the matter.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

187_Joeism wrote:
Wrestling sites typically hide spoilers behind spoiler tags etc. It's not fair for those who want to stay spoiler free
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

I try to remain spoiler free but its getting increasingly harder unless you completely switch off, I avoid news sites, reports etc but checked twitter today and its everywhere. I only follow ROH guys (and football stuff) but most wrestlers tweeted about a surprise at TV and certain wrestlers complaining etc.

I'm pretty much trying to avoid them now. It will take a slight enjoyment from shows buy hey ho!

I don't really think we need spoiler tags in this thread.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I'd say move this thread to the spoiler section; I sure am not the only one wanting to watch the tournament spoiler free
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

If anyone is planning on going from the Pittsburgh area and would like an extra person to tag along PM me.
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

That BJ Whitmer vs. Michael Bennett match is taking up space. ROH acts like their matches are setting the world on fire. They did this two years ago with Bennett and Corino, putting their matches on supercards and shit. But I'm sure with the rest of the card, the match won't hurt anybody so I'm willing to let it slide. I kinda feel the same way about the Strong vs. Taven match as Taven does nothing for me, but he's in there with one of the best so no harm no foul. If I was to watch this show (I would buy it on DVD at the most), believe it or not but that KUSHIDA vs. Young/Page match (if it's still on) would be one of the matches I would look forward to the most.
thecanadiandragon

Post by thecanadiandragon »

Does anybody know exactly how many people the Mattamy Athletic Centre will be able to fill for this event? I went on ticketmaster to see the seating charts and from what I saw, it looks like it can hold at least a thousand. Is that right or can they hold more then that?
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

thecanadiandragon wrote:Does anybody know exactly how many people the Mattamy Athletic Centre will be able to fill for this event? I went on ticketmaster to see the seating charts and from what I saw, it looks like it can hold at least a thousand. Is that right or can they hold more then that?
I heard it holds rougly 3000.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25 wrote: I heard it holds rougly 3000.
I'm guessing that number refers to the seating for hockey (which I guess that venue is mainly used for). I don't think that number takes floor seating into account, and this show will have a lot of floor seating.

I still think, from the pictures I've seen, that's it's a nice looking venue.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

New poster of the show (Contains spoilers from Providence)
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

187_Joeism wrote:New poster of the show (Contains spoilers from Providence)
Bucks vs C&C vs Adrenaline Rush?!?! Holy fucking spotfest. If there is ever going to be a show where ROH lets the guys get a good amount of time for each match, it's right fucking now.