Official All-Star Extravaganza V Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DBSommer

Re: Official All-Star Extravaganza V Thread

Post by DBSommer »

Koff was circulating around the fans in Pgh, too. The guy sitting next to me flagged him down and talked to him for a minute or so. Koff was very patient with the guy who was a bit... let's just say out there. Say what you will about the guy he does seem to show actual interest in the product and gauges how the fans are acting around it.
ilovepenis

Post by ilovepenis »

Will all of the matches from this event air for free on their tv tapings, or will they only air the tournament matches on the tv tapings and not the other matches from ASE V?
bik100

Post by bik100 »

ilovepenis wrote:Will all of the matches from this event air for free on their tv tapings, or will they only air the tournament matches on the tv tapings and not the other matches from ASE V?
Awesome username
bik100

Post by bik100 »

187_Joeism wrote:Lots of great news coming out of the Toronto show, thanks for posting!

Delirious like or hate his booking style seems like being a good public relation for the company wich was something heel needed after the bad image that Cornette left with the talent. Is a shame that Shelley hate wrestling in America now, i heard that he was very frustated after his run with TNA but i didn´t know if was that far, i hope KUSHIDA, Anderson and the Hooligans speakes him good words about the company and he comes back at some point.
I don't think he's too angry about his time with TNA, probably just happy not wrestling on the indies.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

bik100 wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Lots of great news coming out of the Toronto show, thanks for posting!

Delirious like or hate his booking style seems like being a good public relation for the company wich was something heel needed after the bad image that Cornette left with the talent. Is a shame that Shelley hate wrestling in America now, i heard that he was very frustated after his run with TNA but i didn´t know if was that far, i hope KUSHIDA, Anderson and the Hooligans speakes him good words about the company and he comes back at some point.
I don't think he's too angry about his time with TNA, probably just happy not wrestling on the indies.
I recall him talking about how "the last two years of my life have been miserable" after TNA released him on Twitter and before he got the Japan gig. Also advised young wrestlers to get a degree above anything else to fall back on.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

bik100 wrote:

Come on just stop defending TNA for everything they do! Shelley has mentioned in numerous interviews he hated how TNA used him in his last run
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
bik100 wrote:

Come on just stop defending TNA for everything they do! Shelley has mentioned in numerous interviews he hated how TNA used him in his last run
As did I. He had a mini-feud with Aries and Kendrick when Kendrick was X-Div Champ. He rekindled the rivalry with Aries with an awesome match at AAO '12 and apart from that they barely used him at all. It made no sense, he was one of their most seasoned and talented X-Division wrestlers and he was pushed to the backburner behind the likes of Kid Kash, Jesse Sorensen, Zema Ion etc. It made no sense. I like Kash and Ion but they aren't on Shelley's level and Sorensen was a kid as green as grass - I feel bad for what happened to him - but none of them should have been above Shelley in the pecking order. Hell, I always thought Shelley was the more talented Machine Gun and now his former partner is TNA WHC. It makes very little sense to me, how TNA used Shelley.
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

watadam20 wrote: As did I. He had a mini-feud with Aries and Kendrick when Kendrick was X-Div Champ. He rekindled the rivalry with Aries with an awesome match at AAO '12 and apart from that they barely used him at all. It made no sense, he was one of their most seasoned and talented X-Division wrestlers and he was pushed to the backburner behind the likes of Kid Kash, Jesse Sorensen, Zema Ion etc. It made no sense. I like Kash and Ion but they aren't on Shelley's level and Sorensen was a kid as green as grass - I feel bad for what happened to him - but none of them should have been above Shelley in the pecking order. Hell, I always thought Shelley was the more talented Machine Gun and now his former partner is TNA WHC. It makes very little sense to me, how TNA used Shelley.
Completely agree, always thought Shelley was the better of the two.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

In a huge coincidence someone bumped a several month old thread on another forum I participate on where I spoke of Shelley's success in BOSJ. I completely forgot he did the post-match press conference. This is what he said, doesn't mention TNA but I think we can read between the lines:
"I'm really happy to have gone as far as I did, being in the ring with some of these guys and seeing some of these guys like Liger and Taka was an honor that I'll never forget. I can remember a few years ago thinking "what are you doing with your life? This isn't working out" and being really down on myself, but now I couldn't be happier, I haven't been this happy since the early days of my career working on the US indys. This is the best time I've had in my career and I'm going to keep striving towards my ultimate goal which is the Junior Heavyweight title. Winning that and beating a guy as good as Devitt would be incredible. I could retire the day after because winning that validates my entire career. I came to Japan because in this era, if you want to make it off your talent this is the place to be, there's nowhere else. And in the end I will make people remember Made in Detroit Alex Shelley."
I looked for his part on YouTube, only found Devitt's victory conference.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

classic-cabana wrote:They said on twitter it would be up by Sunday/Monday

House shows have been up as early as the Tuesday. I know its early days but if they are stopping live iPPV then more effoort should be made into getting it up ASAP.
Every twelve hours that go by without them getting the show up, they're losing more and more VOD buys.

If they had had this up on Sunday, I'm guessing they'd have done at least 750 buys. Lucky to get a couple hundred at this point.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I wish people would stop posting things on here that Mark Madden writes on wrestlezone.com or whereever he writes his stupid columns. It seems that every time he writes a bad column bashing ROH someone posts it on here. In response to it, people say "ignore him". Best way to do that is by not posting his columns on here.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Burnside wrote:

House shows have been up as early as the Tuesday. I know its early days but if they are stopping live iPPV then more effoort should be made into getting it up ASAP.
Every twelve hours that go by without them getting the show up, they're losing more and more VOD buys.

If they had had this up on Sunday, I'm guessing they'd have done at least 750 buys. Lucky to get a couple hundred at this point.
The longer they leave it then the majority of buys will be from guys like you and I, regular buyers, hardcore fans.

They are losing the impulse buys and then the fact that most matches will be available for free on TV will put people off. Then there's those thatll wait for the DVD.

To ensure they don't lose that many buys that they would have gotten from live feeds they need to get the shows out fast.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Really interested to see how KUSHIDA/Page & the Three-Way Tag turned out.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

classic-cabana wrote:
Burnside wrote:

The longer they leave it then the majority of buys will be from guys like you and I, regular buyers, hardcore fans.

They are losing the impulse buys and then the fact that most matches will be available for free on TV will put people off. Then there's those thatll wait for the DVD.

To ensure they don't lose that many buys that they would have gotten from live feeds they need to get the shows out fast.
Exactly my thoughts, this is just a very dumb move on the part of ROH, they should have made releasing this show within 48 hours their top priority.
I initially intended to stay spoiler free and wait for the show, but that is just impossible in today's society, with social media and people talking about the things going down at the saturday show. Staying spoiler free for 48 hours is hard, but managable. Staying spoiler free for over 4 days is just ridiculous. Since I've already read about one major spoiler from the show and ROH being incapable of putting out the show as soon as possible, I'll wait for the DVD. This is just extremely frustrating and disappointing, I was really looking forward to watching the entire tournament spoiler free...
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I hope they figure out a way to get VOD shows up sooner.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

classic-cabana wrote:
Burnside wrote:

They've already lost my buy. I'd have certainly bought it if it was available on Sunday, but it was impossible to avoid spoilers after that, and I'm now perfectly content to just watch most of it on the TV show for free, when it airs weeks from now, long after the quarter-finals have already happened (and also not been made available in a timely fashion).
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:I hope they figure out a way to get VOD shows up sooner.
They've had shows up sooner than this. Surely they are working on getting it up asap but again its a the lack of communication that is leaving us fans guessing when it'll be up.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:In a huge coincidence someone bumped a several month old thread on another forum I participate on where I spoke of Shelley's success in BOSJ. I completely forgot he did the post-match press conference. This is what he said, doesn't mention TNA but I think we can read between the lines:
"I'm really happy to have gone as far as I did, being in the ring with some of these guys and seeing some of these guys like Liger and Taka was an honor that I'll never forget. I can remember a few years ago thinking "what are you doing with your life? This isn't working out" and being really down on myself, but now I couldn't be happier, I haven't been this happy since the early days of my career working on the US indys. This is the best time I've had in my career and I'm going to keep striving towards my ultimate goal which is the Junior Heavyweight title. Winning that and beating a guy as good as Devitt would be incredible. I could retire the day after because winning that validates my entire career. I came to Japan because in this era, if you want to make it off your talent this is the place to be, there's nowhere else. And in the end I will make people remember Made in Detroit Alex Shelley."
I looked for his part on YouTube, only found Devitt's victory conference.

Hadn't seen this till today, guess he is angry at TNA.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

VOD is in post production and hoping to have it up today.

Let's hope so!
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

Meltzer:
The lone show of the weekend was 8/3 in Toronto at the Mattamy Athletic Centre. The building is what’s left on the site of the old Maple Leaf Gardens. The show drew 950 fans, which is lower than a big show in Toronto but ahead of an average show.