Kevin Kelly

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DieHard

Kevin Kelly

Post by DieHard »

I'm watching reclamation Night 2, and man, how terrible is he?

Nigel looks tired as hell, but at least he tries to talk about the match, story, etc. 85% of the things Kelly said in the show were "OHH (after a superkick and big moves)", "One.. Two.. Naaahhh" and his usual crap ("Let me tell you a story you have never heard before.. TD did a moonsault during an MMA fight"). He adds absolutely nothing to the table.

I'm really sick of him, just replace him already.
MOOSE!
AndyDiaz

Re: Kevin Kelly

Post by AndyDiaz »

YES PLEASE. Anyone is better than him. He hardly elaborates anything, like if the wrestlers have been feuding or not, if they've wrestled before or not. I'd rather have Delirious on the commentary team then him.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Or have Corino as the heel commentator and lower the hell out of Kelly's mike :twisted:
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Stop picking on Kevin Kelly [cornette]
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I don't hate Kevin by any means, but I liked when Dombrowski filled in for him. Corino and Joe had great chemistry that night.
JSP

Post by JSP »

He isn't nearly as bad as people try to claim. He's no Lenny Leonard, but he's perfectly serviceable in what he does. Most announcers are cheesy and he's relatively harmless anyway. He shows enthusiasm, which is more than I could say for Dave Prazak. You can know everything in the world, but if you don't show interest in what you're commentating on, you're no good. For all his faults, Hermie certainly isn't the worst they can do.
Rooskie

Post by Rooskie »

Aye, I'd have to say other than bringing back Lenny Leonard, Double K is about as good as they're going to do. Unless they can bring in Matt Striker for play by play and have Matt Stryker do color . . . hmmmmmm
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

He's worse than Chris Lovey/Jimmy Bower.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

I think Kevin Kelly is a good announcer, granted he's not a J.R. or Gordon Solie but he's pretty good in his own right. I love how he gets when something big happens in the ring
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
MidnightHouseRocker

Post by MidnightHouseRocker »

He's absolutely awful. A homeless man's Michael Cole. Nigel isn't much better with his THIS IS WHAT RING OF HONOR IS ALL ABOUT, OH MY GOODNESS stuff. The way they call it, every match is a five star match. Bring in Corino as a heel commentator, keep Nigel, and get another play by play guy.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I'm not a huge fan of Kelly, but I honestly find him better than probably a majority of the commentators ROH has had over the years. I also find that his commentary is pretty easy to tune out, which is a plus.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Seriously. What's good about him? what he brings to the table? have you seen the Texas** [cornette] show? he barley talked there because there was nobody with him. He's so lost when he doesn't call moves.
Last edited by DieHard on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOOSE!
MidnightHouseRocker

Post by MidnightHouseRocker »

at the very least I wish ROH would give an option to the turn commentary off (ala PWG) so you wouldn't have to deal with it
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

JSP wrote:He isn't nearly as bad as people try to claim. He's no Lenny Leonard, but he's perfectly serviceable in what he does. Most announcers are cheesy and he's relatively harmless anyway. He shows enthusiasm, which is more than I could say for Dave Prazak. You can know everything in the world, but if you don't show interest in what you're commentating on, you're no good. For all his faults, Hermie certainly isn't the worst they can do.
Lenny Leonard is beyond terrible.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DieHard wrote: have you seen the Taxes show?
Taxes are much worse than Kevin Kelly's commentating...
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
DieHard wrote: have you seen the Taxes show?
Taxes are much worse than Kevin Kelly's commentating...
Oh crap.. not again lol
MOOSE!
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:I'm not a huge fan of Kelly, but I honestly find him better than probably a majority of the commentators ROH has had over the years. I also find that his commentary is pretty easy to tune out, which is a plus.
With Corino by his side i admit to tuning KK out sometimes. I'd like to see Corino be the color commentator for the future
felkerpat

Post by felkerpat »

While I am not a fan of Mr. Kelly's I will admit he has gotten better since his arrival, and pairing him with someone like Corino really makes him more enjoyable.
Saying a wrestler isn't good because they're not in WWE is like saying a musician isn't good because they're not in Nickelback - Chuck Taylor
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

I think Kevin should be paired with Corino because they seem to have good chemistry together
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Kevin Kelly makes it extremely hard to support ROH against SCUM. It's not just that Corino is more charismatic, well-spoken and entertaining than him - everything about him just screams "company man". He has no decent retort to anything Corino says (other than the times when Corino is purposefully being over-the-top) besides his love of ROH.

Not to mention that he's struggling to string simple sentences together these days.
Last Real Man Hype