Final Battle 2023

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Final Battle 2023

Post by Montana »

ROH Women's Championship

Athena vs Billie Starkz

Jay Briscoe Tribute Match

Mark Briscoe & FTR vs. BCC (Bryan Danielson, Claudio, Moxley)

ROH TV Championship - 6 way Survival of the fittest

Dalton Castle vs. Kommander vs. Lee Moriarty vs. Lee Johnson vs. Kyle Fletcher vs .TBD

Pure Championship

Wheeler Yuta vs. Tom Lawlor

ROH Trios Championship

Gates of Agony vs. TMDK

Shane Taylor vs Keith Lee

Ethan Page vs. Tony Nese

El Hijo Del Vikingo vs Black Taurus

ROH Zero Hour

The Von Erich's vs. OutRunners

Not listed for a match yet: Eddie Kingston, Work Horsemen, Josh Woods, Iron Savages, Righteous, Rachel Ellering, Johnny TV, Tara Valkyrie, Lady Frost, Action Andretti, Darius Martin, Gringo Loco, Blake Christian, Gravity, The Kingdom, Cole Karter, Griff Garrison, The Boys, Leyla Hirsch, The Infantry, Trish Adora, Butcher and the Blade, Evil Uno, John Silver, alex Reynolds with about 3 pre-show matches left / day of show.
Last edited by Montana on Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
ICHIFUJI

Re: Final Battle 2023

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Joe vacated TV title?
ROH tag title not held at ROH.
Kingston & Briscoe are busy for tournament.
Who will come? Yuta? 6man tag champs?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, so the TV title was vacated, and we are getting a Survival of the Fittest match in it's place.

The ROH World title is gone

MJF has both tag belts and no word of being on the show. Assume they'll throw something together last minute.

Mark Briscoe is in the Jay Briscoe 6 man tribute match with FTR and BCC.... Should be excellent. Looks like Wheeler Yuta is not in that match, Thus we’ll probably get a Pure title match. So potentially No World Title, No Tag Titles, and they haven't built up anything for the trios titles, and the TV title is basically a tournament. But since it's free on Honorclub, i guess i shouldn't complain.

Assume we'll get a trios championship as well. There's a lot of tag teams they've featured on ROH TV without matches too, so i assume they'll be in something.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

no world tittle defense on fb? thats bullshit.
Brada

Post by Brada »

After a 4 year hiatus, it’s good to be back!

I was at Final Battle, great show. I’ll share my thoughts soon.

Just wanted to reintroduce myself and say hello.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I thought the show was good for what it was. I love Athena & you can see what some long term booking can do. I'll be back posting daily once Honorclub TV becomes must see
Montana

Post by Montana »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:12 pm I thought the show was good for what it was. I love Athena & you can see what some long term booking can do. I'll be back posting daily once Honorclub TV becomes must see
I didnt catch the media scrum, but saw a quote that Tony wants to use more classic ROH matches/events for HonorClub. Hopefully that means something close to a monthly live event. Guess Final Battle to Honor Club was a success. Although not sure why you wouldnt think it would, considering that's how it was before Tony bought it.

My quick thoughts on Final Battle, it was a good show, for the matches on the card. The build up was a bit lack luster. When you 2 hours of TV weekly, they really only had like 2 matches on the PPV that were feuds from TV. Thought the matches were mostly all good. My two favorites were the Vikingo/Taurus and the TV title match. Thought Kyle Fletcher and Kommander were awesome in that. I thought Dalton would have been a good choice, but can't argue Kyle Fletcher has been a MVP on ROH TV. The 6 man was great... that's right up there too with my favorites. The rest was all pretty solid. Thought they did a nice job with Ethan Page and Nese. It was slightly odd, that it was a I quit match, with not a ton of submissions... but that's kinda nit picky. I'd probably give the show a 7/10; but absolutely worth checking out for the cost of Honor Club.

It would be nice if ROH can follow up on this. Announce the next live event now; so people stay subscribed. We'll see what 2024 brings for ROH.