ROH Full Gear 2023

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

ROH Full Gear 2023

Post by classic-cabana »

TKs ROH presents

ROH ZERO HOUR FULL GEAR OF HONOR 2023 LIVE ON YOUTUBE.

Just the 3 matches tonight. STACKED.

CURTAIN RAISER
ROH world title
Eddie Kingston (c) v Jay Lethal w/JEFF

Exhibition
Claudio Castagnoli v Buddy Murphy

THE MAIN EVENT
ROH Tag team titles
MJF/Samoa Joe (c) v The Gunns

All roads lead to FINAL BATTLE!
Montana

Re: ROH Full Gear 2023

Post by Montana »

Decent matches at Full Gear pre show... I've been slowly catching up with ROH TV. They've done a nice job with developing some talent with ROH TV; still far from a full complete package of a promotion, but they've done a nice job with guys people like Athena, Skye Blue, Tony Nese, The Infantry, Darius & Action, Gravity, i'm sure a few others. Glad they are throwing Final Battle in with Honor Club. That really should be how it is, since it's a subscription service, and it's not like the TV show is must see. Said it several times, but they should have a monthly "supershow".

As far as Final Battle; not quite sure what way they are building it up yet. There are rumors of Athena having a big match. I'm not sure who Kingston will face. Seems like they've been pushing Ethan Page, but i haven't really gotten to any of that yet. Kingstons strength is talking, so hopefully they fully build up a feud between whomever he's facing.

Samoa Joe dropping the TV title on AEW was kinda sad. On one hand they try and talk about how prestigious it is, but on the other hand, Joe just gives it up. Especially with Joe, and so much history/legacy with ROH. The Survival of the Fittest match seems like it a good idea. Seemed kind of strange the Hung Bucks lost the belts, and Somoa Joe dropped his shortly after.

As of now, the product basically feels like AEW 2.0 , than ROH; might not be a bad thing, but far from where people were hoping Tony would take it. Think they just need to commit to ROH as it's own brand, and kind of stand a bit more on it's own. I assume it'll be bundle in, once AEW has a streaming service. I'm not sure how long they can run 50$ ppv's if they are going to do them monthly soon.