Who subscribes to Honor Club?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

Do you subscribe to Honor Club?

Yes
50%
No
30%
I was, but cancelled
20%

Total votes: 10

Montana

Who subscribes to Honor Club?

Post by Montana »

Just curious on this. If Yes or No, Why?

I am still subscribing. It's a good show; just so much wrestling out there now. Kind of surprised there isn't more discussion on the weekly show. Although not a whole lot going on, storyline wise at the moment.
AnHonorableMention

Re: Who subscribes to Honor Club?

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Not shocked someone voted no and didn’t say so
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

I subscribe because I want to support the brand but I’m not using the vault
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:31 pm Just curious on this. If Yes or No, Why?

I am still subscribing. It's a good show; just so much wrestling out there now. Kind of surprised there isn't more discussion on the weekly show. Although not a whole lot going on, storyline wise at the moment.
I've realized the same thing that the discussion for the weekly show is none existed here because nothing really happening
Last edited by Chrisvegas27 on Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I was but cancelled because if I'm given money to something I'm not enjoying than it feels like charity to me and I do still keep up with the weekly show with reviews or clips and occasionally still buy the ppvs
Montana

Post by Montana »

I dont want to speculate on subscriber base, so we'll assume they are around the 15K that was last reported.

Discussion on Reddit seems noticeably down. I don't follow a ton of social media; but just feels in general discussion has been down since the launch. I'm guessing it ramps up with Death Before Dishonor; but i wonder if something changes in the next 3-6 months. Their PPV numbers have been good; but think it's going to be a harder sell with 10$ monthly for the TV show; plus 40$ for the PPV. Plus Collision is getting thrown in the mix; and Rampage numbers are going in the wrong direction. At some point, the market gets over-saturated.

Feels like ROH is in a weird spot. AEW fans don't want ROH interfering with AEW (Despite it basically being an AEW extension at this point). ROH fans don't want their favorite wrestlers jobbing to the AEW guys. ROH fans don't want it to be AEW dark. There's still a lot of good-ness with the product. I've said it probably in a few post, but several wrestlers are putting on really good matches in ROH; like AR Fox, Willie Mack, Kyle Fletcher, Work Horsemen, Brian Cage, Athena, Action Andretti, Darius Martin, etc etc along with the previous ROH talent. Then it's also mixed with Nick Comoroto, Serpentico, Iron Savages, several women wrestlers, and several other dark talent, in need of experience. Guess we'll see where it all goes.
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:54 am I was but cancelled because if I'm given money to something I'm not enjoying than it feels like charity to me and I do still keep up with the weekly show with reviews or clips and occasionally still buy the ppvs
Charity = BAD!
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Montana wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:39 pm I dont want to speculate on subscriber base, so we'll assume they are around the 15K that was last reported.

Discussion on Reddit seems noticeably down. I don't follow a ton of social media; but just feels in general discussion has been down since the launch. I'm guessing it ramps up with Death Before Dishonor; but i wonder if something changes in the next 3-6 months. Their PPV numbers have been good; but think it's going to be a harder sell with 10$ monthly for the TV show; plus 40$ for the PPV. Plus Collision is getting thrown in the mix; and Rampage numbers are going in the wrong direction. At some point, the market gets over-saturated.

Feels like ROH is in a weird spot. AEW fans don't want ROH interfering with AEW (Despite it basically being an AEW extension at this point). ROH fans don't want their favorite wrestlers jobbing to the AEW guys. ROH fans don't want it to be AEW dark. There's still a lot of good-ness with the product. I've said it probably in a few post, but several wrestlers are putting on really good matches in ROH; like AR Fox, Willie Mack, Kyle Fletcher, Work Horsemen, Brian Cage, Athena, Action Andretti, Darius Martin, etc etc along with the previous ROH talent. Then it's also mixed with Nick Comoroto, Serpentico, Iron Savages, several women wrestlers, and several other dark talent, in need of experience. Guess we'll see where it all goes.
The sooner that ROH fans realize that Rampage is currently NXT or pre-2016 SmackDown, and ROH is now 205 Live (complete with Joe and Claudio being in the PAC and Aries roles), the better off that they'll be with their viewing decisions.
Montana

Post by Montana »

supersonic wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:42 pm
Montana wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:39 pm I dont want to speculate on subscriber base, so we'll assume they are around the 15K that was last reported.

The sooner that ROH fans realize that Rampage is currently NXT or pre-2016 SmackDown, and ROH is now 205 Live (complete with Joe and Claudio being in the PAC and Aries roles), the better off that they'll be with their viewing decisions.
Rampage is more like a Sunday night heat to me. Nothing really noteworthy happens.

We really haven’t seen a promotion like the new ROH. The closest being WWECW imo. They had RVD and mixed him and some other noteworthy names like Lashley/Big show. Certainly some similarities, but ROH has at least churned out some good PPV’s. The problem is ROH is 100% reliant on AEW and the Warner/Discovery relationship. They tape with them, they use the same talent. Tony has to keep Warner happy. AEW & Warner is holding back ROH from being a regular promotion, with Warner not wanting AEW to compete with it. Once they can be their own promotion (if/when that ever happens) I think the product could stand a chance.

205 live was more of like a division, than a stand alone product. Some simularities
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I'm just not normally a subscriber to streaming services. Whatever I get on my DirecTV package, that's what I watch. Otherwise, I'd probably watch nothing but wrestling.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I signed up back in December, I mainly watch the sbg TV show that i never bothered with before but have been jumping back and forth with the new stuff. Only at episode 9 so I can't really comment on stuff as it airs. I think the new stuff is better from a match quality standard but the sbg show is easier to watch because they mix in in-ring interviews, video recaps, etc. So they kind of compliment each other pretty well.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

I am not signed up to HonorClub because of money reasons (I live in a different country) but if I do, it would be for the vault rather than watching the current product. I am not a fan of T.K.'s current direction. Don't get me wrong but I don't feel the charm that it has currently compared to 2002-2021. Yeah, there was good and bad but I personally liked it.

Plus, I was meant to ask and no idea if this is the right place; if anyone is subscribed to HonorClub, can someone check something for me? It's about the 2013.10.12 episode of ROH Wrestling. Can someone check if R.D. Evans & Q.T. Marshall used "Swear It to the Sun (Edit)" by Voodoo Johnson (the edit consists of the song starting at 0:38) whereas Eddie Kingston & Homicide came out to "Martian Siren (3) (Edit) (Loop)" by Craig Sharmat (from 615 Platinum Series) and when they won did they use Knife Out (Martian Siren (3)" by Damon Criswell (from Scoring Stage) mixed with "Martian Siren (3)"? Another question important is whether Evans & Marshall used their team name "Marshall Law" and Kingston & Homicide used their team name "Outlaw Inc".

If anyone can check this for me, it would be very appreciated. It's for the ROH entrance music list I'm keeping up to date.
- H
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

My sub needs soon…I’m 50/50 on re-up. My kids will decide, most likely.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:14 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:54 am I was but cancelled because if I'm given money to something I'm not enjoying than it feels like charity to me and I do still keep up with the weekly show with reviews or clips and occasionally still buy the ppvs
Charity = BAD!
To a billionaire’s son.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:53 am
Charity = BAD!
To a billionaire’s son.

Hence the ridiculous statement I made. To compare fucking streaming wrestling to charity speaks to his adolescent like mind.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:58 am

Charity = BAD!
To a billionaire’s son.

Hence the ridiculous statement I made. To compare fucking streaming wrestling to charity speaks to his adolescent like mind.
I think it's a waste of money to keep paying for a product that I don't enjoy right now all because the letters of company so if you want to do that be my guest doesn't mean I have to
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:56 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:58 am

To a billionaire’s son.

I think it's a waste of money to keep paying for a product that I don't enjoy right now all because the letters of company so if you want to do that be my guest doesn't mean I have to
Professional wrestling streaming is not a fucking charity you dolt. Nobody said fuck all about whether you do or do not subscribe.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Decided to cancel my subscription for now... Biggest factor was that there was just too much other wrestling to keep up with (included in my cable tv package). 7 Hours of WWE programming, 5 hours of AEW programming, 2 hours of Impact; and that doesn't include PPV's or other shows (NJPW/GCW). Having to pay extra for the TV AND the PPV's is just too much for a step sister type promotion.

I enjoyed the content mostly, but too much random developmental talent popping in. Less than 3 weeks from the PPV; and they've literally built up/announced ZERO matches. The best feud has easily been Dark Order and Righteous... which i assume we get something like Stu vs. Uno. Joe, Claudio, and Lucha Bros have been on AEW more recently with angles than ROH. We should be in the middle of a all time Claudio run... but instead we get filler matches. Is what it is i guess.

But yeah; until they make some changes to the content offering. im happy to take a break.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

I subscribe catch up, then cancel, subscribe, catch up.. rinse/repeat. Ive only paid twice so far. Happy to support the product but £8pm for 4 episodes doesn't represent good value for money (on top of ppv cost and other OTT services particularly AEW+).