Death before dishonor 2023

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Death before dishonor 2023

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh returns to ppv July 21st from cure insurance arena
GardenStateSaint

Re: Death before dishonor 2023

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I'm down!
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Imagine having four months to book a show and this is what you come up with. Delirious would never lol
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Mark Briscoe now off the show due to injury

With a total of absolutely zero matches now actually confirmed for next weeks ppv this has to be the worst booked ppv of all time.

Other than brand loyalty why should I even consider parting with my hard earned for this?!
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Who become main eventer instead of Mark?
One of GOLDEN ELITE gets ROH title shot after BLOOD&GUTS?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Tony thinks 50 for a PPV with no card 1 week out is a great deal. A real man of the people.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:15 pm Tony thinks 50 for a PPV with no card 1 week out is a great deal. A real man of the people.
I think right now you are better off getting a membership to njpw world or fite plus where mlw starting their monthly ppvs
Montana

Post by Montana »

classic-cabana wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:47 pm Mark Briscoe now off the show due to injury

With a total of absolutely zero matches now actually confirmed for next weeks ppv this has to be the worst booked ppv of all time.

Other than brand loyalty why should I even consider parting with my hard earned for this?!
Hate to say it, but i was thinking the same a day or two ago. I can't think of a worse PPV booked; in the history of wrestling, since i've been watching (30 years, which is basically near the start of PPVs) Maybe there's like an NWA PPV or something that's been worse ; but like, of the major companies with national exposure.

I'm not sure what it is... but something is off. Obviously Collision just started so that''s 2 more hours of AEW Tony & team need to plan for. Dark/Elevation is gone. About a month ago; Jerry Lynn & Stokely were named as like board of directors for ROH. There's been a lot of injuries; but i think there's been some changes backstage that haven't been public. How do you have 4 months to build something; and have nothing. There's been a lot of effort/focus on Forbidden Door, All In / All out coming up. Thats a lot of 40/50$ PPV's in a short period.

Here nor there; at this point; i gotta feel like TK is either going to throw banger matches at the wall to get people to buy.... or maybe they just throw it on Honorclub. I genuinely feel like TK does care about the product; but his vision is just different and doens't get to spend as much time with it. Part of me , kind of feels like this COULD motivate Tony; with EVERYONE counting him out. He's got all the tools; but maybe he wants to just focus on AEW: as Warner doesn't want ROH. It's a head scratcher.

Fite Plus is a pretty great deal now. I'm grandfathered in for 5$ and it's more solid indy shows than i can watch.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ROH doesn't matter until Tony accepts the best position that it can be: a developmental brand that can carry a lineage of over 20 years. This is where Pillman should've been sent if there was no room for him on Collision. Anybody not thoroughly TV-ready should be used for this, making it what NXT once was with unseasoned stars that the indie marks can rally behind and see improve their game - aesthetics, body language, verbal inflection, etc.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

If they don't give us Athena / Willow we should riot
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

As a last ditch effort maybe somehow get Punk on the show for any sort of buys.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Montana

Post by Montana »

At least Tony admitted the struggles to get the Death before Dishonor card together.

Looks like we are getting Shibata vs Daniel Garcia for the Pure title.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:04 pm If they don't give us Athena / Willow we should riot
Good work. Should probably be the main event, especially if Willow wins.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Montana wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:49 pm At least Tony admitted the struggles to get the Death before Dishonor card together.

Looks like we are getting Shibata vs Daniel Garcia for the Pure title.

Tony Khan is spinning too many plates, even All In Wembley feels like an afterthought at the moment
KL_

Post by KL_ »

It's official:

ROH Women's World Title Match
Athena vs Willow Nightingale

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=817446206573769
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Happy about Athena / Willow and Shibata / Garcia is fine. I'm sure whomever Claudio faces will be a good match. Disappointed in the options for Joe though. Shane Taylor would probably be a better match. Dalton match would probably have better energy. Either way it feels like a 6-8 minute match.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

This is another ppv where you don't even have to watch the TV show. Why pay 9.99 a month for filler? Why pay 50 for random matches?

4 way for tag titles. Will it be a good/great match? Yeah but not worth 50 bucks.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Montana

Post by Montana »

The breadcrumbs are pointing to Claudio and PAC. While an incredible match, the puzzle pieces to get here didn’t quite fit. Should be an amazing match though. Kind of bummed they didn’t officially announce it after Dynamite.

I think if I was Tony, you’re already less than 48 hours away, you might as well just say Claudio has issued an open challenge to anyone in the world… we’ll see who accepts.

Claudio gifting PAC a title match doesn’t quite make sense after Blood and guts and PAC hasn’t even wrestled in the new ROH yet. Granted this is at least plan b (maybe plan C)

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but maybe we get a bonus Punk, Bucks, or someone like Omega on DBD to help it sell.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:25 pm The breadcrumbs are pointing to Claudio and PAC. While an incredible match, the puzzle pieces to get here didn’t quite fit. Should be an amazing match though. Kind of bummed they didn’t officially announce it after Dynamite.

I think if I was Tony, you’re already less than 48 hours away, you might as well just say Claudio has issued an open challenge to anyone in the world… we’ll see who accepts.

Claudio gifting PAC a title match doesn’t quite make sense after Blood and guts and PAC hasn’t even wrestled in the new ROH yet. Granted this is at least plan b (maybe plan C)

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but maybe we get a bonus Punk, Bucks, or someone like Omega on DBD to help it sell.
Well aew just released a video of Claudio offering pac to face him at death before dishonor