Death before dishonor 2023

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Death before dishonor 2023

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:30 pm
Montana wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:25 pm The breadcrumbs are pointing to Claudio and PAC. While an incredible match, the puzzle pieces to get here didn’t quite fit. Should be an amazing match though. Kind of bummed they didn’t officially announce it after Dynamite.

I think if I was Tony, you’re already less than 48 hours away, you might as well just say Claudio has issued an open challenge to anyone in the world… we’ll see who accepts.

Claudio gifting PAC a title match doesn’t quite make sense after Blood and guts and PAC hasn’t even wrestled in the new ROH yet. Granted this is at least plan b (maybe plan C)

I don’t want to get my hopes up, but maybe we get a bonus Punk, Bucks, or someone like Omega on DBD to help it sell.
Well aew just released a video of Claudio offering pac to face him at death before dishonor
Yeah, saw that. Like if I’m a heel world champion, and someone walked out on me in a tag match, I just don’t get why I’d give them a title match.

I guess maybe I’m over thinking this, considering I’ve watched a full dance battle, when a shot at the tag titles were on the line with at least 2 main event level talents including your world champ. Was semi-entertaining though.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I don't know exactly what I was expecting but I kind of thought Tony would pull more "dream match" tricks to salvage this thing. The tag match is just kind of a bunch of midcard teams. And I like PAC fine but when you scrap your main event a week out, if you were serious or cared about your show, you'd probably use Kenny or Hangman or Moxley or Ibushi or something crazy.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Is the ppv now being streamed on Honor Club?!

ROH PPVs will air on WatchROH.com for fans worldwide. Fans are able to order PPV events on WatchROH.com and view the events on any ROH app

https://www.ringofhonor.com/howtowatch

The ppv is also up on the app with a countdown clock and 'remind me' option
Montana

Post by Montana »

classic-cabana wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:14 pm Is the ppv now being streamed on Honor Club?!

ROH PPVs will air on WatchROH.com for fans worldwide. Fans are able to order PPV events on WatchROH.com and view the events on any ROH app

https://www.ringofhonor.com/howtowatch

The ppv is also up on the app with a countdown clock and 'remind me' option
Looks like it's up for purchase on Honor Club for 39.99. Nice to have the option, but don't think it's included in the HonorClub subscription. Guess that would make it easy for them to discount for members though.

They've also added;

Gravity vs. Kommander

Dark Order vs. Righteous 6 man tag

Trios Championship - Mogal Embassy vs Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi , Leon Ruffin
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Its up on Honor Club
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Top to bottom might be the best ROH ppv during the AEW era. Whole event flowed so well. EVERYONE had their working boots on. We're already blessed with the best commentary duo calling the action but their job was made easier.

Fight without Honor was brutal fun.
Tag title match was wild.
World title match was excellent, really showcased both wrestlers strengths.
Main event was glorious.

There really isn't anything to criticise this show for, despite the poor build, they really knocked it out the park.

Edit: although I really do wish they'd advertised Willow Nightingale and Athena being the main event and it being on Honor Club, would've generated some buzz at least
Montana

Post by Montana »

I caught the PPV.... certainly a good show. Delivered top to bottom and good pacing throughout.

Pretty good live attendance. Good announcing, good action. Agree, not much to criticize on the show itself. It's just hard to invest in the product with how it's presented. Not only is it additional money to follow; but it's competing with your time; with Dynamite, Rampage, Collision. (Not to mention Impact, WWE, NJPW) I'd even argue that WWE/AEW/Impact are putting on a pretty good product now. So it's an uphill battle for ROH.