Supercard of Honor 2023

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: Supercard of Honor 2023

Post by Shanahan »

Tony: You can watch our TV show for 10 bucks where we don't do much with our world title match because you should already know about stuff that happened when you were in your teen's or early 20's or you can just watch a free youtube video...either way you must pay 40 bucks or wait 90 days. Our next main event is gonna be a killer, again, they have history, so TV won't get into it much, but keep eye out for the free youtube video explaining why you should drop another 40...get in that OT at work it will be worth it.

I hear next years WM will be Cody vs Omega. The build will be 2 jobber matches & Omega makes fun of Cody's dog. They will have a hype video about there history tho..so it's gonna be great.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Ouch… it is kinda tough to be an ROH fan, without paying now. I’m hoping this is a starting point to get where it should. At least Tony has put on a strong card, and has put a solid roster together.

I think the ideal solution right now, is just re-creating Honorclub VIP annual subscription and have it include the live PPV’s (and add monthly super shows) . I assume the challenge with that, is B/R and Warner media don’t get the ppv revenue. Think the goal is to get ROH on Warner media. Think by the fall we’ll know if ROH has a shot with Warner/Discovery.

Another suggestion, would be if Warner discovery want to pilot ROH…. Put a ROH show like glory by honor on in place of a battle for the belts, and see what ratings it pulls in. Strong rumors suggest AEW is adding a Saturday show… we just don’t know what it is yet.

Hopefully it all gets sorted out. It’s not an easy road, but it takes time. I’m just glad the Tv is show is no dark.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:40 pm Tony: You can watch our TV show for 10 bucks where we don't do much with our world title match because you should already know about stuff that happened when you were in your teen's or early 20's or you can just watch a free youtube video...either way you must pay 40 bucks or wait 90 days. Our next main event is gonna be a killer, again, they have history, so TV won't get into it much, but keep eye out for the free youtube video explaining why you should drop another 40...get in that OT at work it will be worth it.

I hear next years WM will be Cody vs Omega. The build will be 2 jobber matches & Omega makes fun of Cody's dog. They will have a hype video about there history tho..so it's gonna be great.
You can just smell the bitterness. Amazing how that doesn't happen to all....
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

I don't know if they announced a zero hour; but i have to imagine that will include some really good matches; considering the card. I'd argue Claudio/Kingston could be one of the worst matches on the card. Or maybe i'm just least hyped about it. I'm sure it will be pretty good. I'm guessing Tony has some surprises up his sleeve for this show as well. That Trio's match could surprise some people. Dont expect that to just be filler.

Sounds like the next ROH show airing Thursday is being taped today before Dynamite.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:59 pm
Shanahan wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:40 pm Tony: You can watch our TV show for 10 bucks where we don't do much with our world title match because you should already know about stuff that happened when you were in your teen's or early 20's or you can just watch a free youtube video...either way you must pay 40 bucks or wait 90 days. Our next main event is gonna be a killer, again, they have history, so TV won't get into it much, but keep eye out for the free youtube video explaining why you should drop another 40...get in that OT at work it will be worth it.

Nah just pointing out your BS. You shit on anything ROH did for years & now suddenly you are Mr Sunshine & Rainbows. I have been consistent thru SBG & TK. I praise what i like & point out what i dont. I called out SBG for being lazy with post-ppv TV,not having enough Honorclub shows or failing to bring/keep top indy talent.

I'm signed up for honorclub. Already ordered the ppv. Bought last year Supercard on DVD. They have my financial support. My kids are young. They have no idea about Eddie or Claudio past history. They only knew Cesaro & what Eddie has done on AEW. I had to explain to them and show them older matches. Why is it my job? When I watch a TV show do I have to take 20 mins to explain who the characters are and the history? They had a 2 day taping where they could of did so much with world title fued. I could give you 10 things off the top of my head that would of hyped older fans and new fans yet they went this route which was 100% lazy,coasting or whatever you want to call it.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:33 pm

Nah just pointing out your BS. You shit on anything ROH did for years & now suddenly you are Mr Sunshine & Rainbows. I have been consistent thru SBG & TK. I praise what i like & point out what i dont. I called out SBG for being lazy with post-ppv TV,not having enough Honorclub shows or failing to bring/keep top indy talent.

I'm signed up for honorclub. Already ordered the ppv. Bought last year Supercard on DVD. They have my financial support. My kids are young. They have no idea about Eddie or Claudio past history. They only knew Cesaro & what Eddie has done on AEW. I had to explain to them and show them older matches. Why is it my job? When I watch a TV show do I have to take 20 mins to explain who the characters are and the history? They had a 2 day taping where they could of did so much with world title fued. I could give you 10 things off the top of my head that would of hyped older fans and new fans yet they went this route which was 100% lazy,coasting or whatever you want to call it.
Oh far from sunshine and rainbows, but still the Sinclair era sucked post Elite exit and even while they were there it was the bullet club and then hunter smoking a bowl and filling a card. Those children don't need a reason to watch a match if they are so young. If you're old enough to think like that, watch the video.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:58 pm

Oh far from sunshine and rainbows, but still the Sinclair era sucked post Elite exit and even while they were there it was the bullet club and then hunter smoking a bowl and filling a card. Those children don't need a reason to watch a match if they are so young. If you're old enough to think like that, watch the video.
They are 8 to 15. I saw how the Sami/Bloodline storyline got to them. Edge of their seat stuff that had them 100% invested. They loved Briscoes/FTR fued. I can see they are lacking with excitement for Roh ppv.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:16 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:58 pm

They are 8 to 15. I saw how the Sami/Bloodline storyline got to them. Edge of their seat stuff that had them 100% invested. They loved Briscoes/FTR fued. I can see they are lacking with excitement for Roh ppv.
I'm 37 and I could not care any less about Bloodline and I'm not insane to think WWE would ever strap up Sami. Different stories hit differently with people of different ages, genders, demographics, styles. Not all wrestling is for everyone and everyone is not for all wrestling.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

Montana

Post by Montana »

KL_ wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:55 pm Image
Wonder if Tanahashi was a late replacement for Ospreay?

It's kind of surprising that Ring of Honor doesn't offer more on Youtube at the moment yet. Maybe something like a highlights/recap video. Something to draw fans into the paid subscription service. Especially with the lack of promotion on Dynamite. I know they post Supercard hype videos on YT; but seems like there's plenty of free content they could add. Stuff like a "meet the infantry" type video. Lean about their background, why this is a big opportunity for them. History of the Pure championship; etc etc. Not like intro videos.

Could just be, maybe this isn't the long term solution.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

love claudio but maybe he is gonna be busy with bcc in aew...so lets go eddie!

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status ... 0227133442
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Montana

Post by Montana »

Could be the venue, but the crowd seems pretty out of it. Seems like a pretty good size crowd. Not the greatest pre-show, but a special return was pretty epic.

Plus surprised Slim J and Stu Grayson is the pre-show main event/ last match 🤔
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

What are the gambling odds that TK tries politely planting the idea of McGuinness reevaluating his health for one last round against Danielson?
Montana

Post by Montana »

If Vikingo vs Omega was 5 stars… this match vs Komander is 10 (well something more than 5 at least). The crowds been alive for this one.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:49 pm Could be the venue, but the crowd seems pretty out of it. Seems like a pretty good size crowd. Not the greatest pre-show, but a special return was pretty epic.

Plus surprised Slim J and Stu Grayson is the pre-show main event/ last match 🤔
One special return and two complete wastes of money.

Also: said special return won't be wrestling. Been over a decade, he's not an idiot.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

FFS
AnHonorableMention

Well that was a choice. SMH

Also Athena does not make me long for the era of Mandy Leon matches. She and Yuka ruled.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Fuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk