Rest In Peace Jay

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Rest In Peace Jay

Post by dhads7161 »

Nobody else finds this to be a little bit morbid? I get he had a lot of fans and friends in the wrestling business who want to pay respects who are probably on the road this weekend but for any schmuck (and I'd lump myself into thus category) to be able to just watch his service as a leisure YouTube video seems a bit strange.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It’s for the local community more than fans and media.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

We are about 3 weeks removed from Jay's passing, and it's still incredibly hard to reconcile. Those of us who had personal time with Jay and Mark, and that family were incredibly fortunate. I was with a friend over the weekend for his 41st birthday, and we were sharing stories. One of the stories we shared was one I did not recall but felt compelled to share because Jay was such a character.

I think I tweeted about this from my personal account @mrjeffschwartz0 but now I finally have the full scope of the story. Jay, Mark, & Homicide along with my younger brother and I were leaving the Grays Armory in Cleveland after a show and we got stuck in traffic. Making a left turn across 6 lanes of traffic to hit the highway from the venue was always a troublesome issue, but factoring in ballgame traffic it SUCKED. Jay heckled me from the front seat while Mark giggled, and Dee yelled. My brother who was 14 or 15 at the time was in the middle seat quietly experiencing something I treasured. Jay was relentless for the 10 or 15 minutes it took to make a safe left turn. I had precious cargo and a 2002 Toyota Corolla Sport, it wasn't gonna survive getting hit and it was gonna be a bitch to get going across traffic.

This man, Jamin Pugh was EXHAUSTING. He was relentless and loud, he was vulgar and he was absolutely hysterical. Part of the reason it took so long to turn was because of Jay not only distracting me but making me laugh. This was in the full on Man Up era so being yelled at by Jay to Man Up and stop being a pussy was intimidating, just slightly less than it was hysterical. I loved those two maniacs, obviously Dee too. But Jay and Mark in particular were and are special special people. When we got to the hotel I dropped them off and Jay hugged me, and thanked me "Thank ya sir" he said as he got out of the tiny car and then as we began to pull away my trunk opened back up because Jay wanted to see how long I would drive with a half open trunk. He never stopped. I love and miss Jay Briscoe. I am so glad I got to see he and Mark again over the summer do what they do best. There is no filling the void, and nobody who could ever replace that man.

Papa Mike, Mama Jana, Jera, Ash, and everyone else in that family is so special. I can recall when Gannon was born, me ribbing Jay that he named his son after a mediocre QB who would still be better than anyone the Browns had. It's very rare to get to know the parents of people I've worked alongside. First class humans. Mike and Jana, although I suspect Jana, sent me a gift when I graduated college because it was the same day as Final Battle and my parents insisted I walk on the stage. The notes from Jay, Mark, and their parents were so nice. I am forever grateful for their kindness.

On a side note, Pro Wrestling Tees has still not shipped my shirt, his stone will be in the ground before it arrives. RIP Jay Briscoe, your legacy lives forever.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Appreciate that share, Jeff. There's a very dark irony there about Jamin's behavior towards your driving considering how the book closed for him. It's also helped me huge with planning my itinerary for the SEA @ CLE home opener which I have circled to attend. (Why the FUCK did they put that smack-dab in the afternoon on a Friday dammit?!)
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

supersonic wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:57 pm Appreciate that share, Jeff. There's a very dark irony there about Jamin's behavior towards your driving considering how the book closed for him. It's also helped me huge with planning my itinerary for the SEA @ CLE home opener which I have circled to attend. (Why the FUCK did they put that smack-dab in the afternoon on a Friday dammit?!)
All openers are in the afternoon here. Tradition. I’ve yet to get to the baseball calendar because the Cavs are running wild, but I’m pumped for Guardos season!
Captain Podcast