Honor Club

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Honor Club

Post by classic-cabana »

Still radio silence with regards to the status of Honor Club. No responses to the many many replies asking about its status and whether DBD will be shown (its not but come on, customer service etc, answer people).

Even Ian Riccaboni who is always responsive to questions is avoiding this one.

Noticed a lot of tweets from current subscribers saying HC is now down, they can't access it etc. Just checked I'm still able to access through Firestick and everything is still up
Chrisvegas27

Re: Honor Club

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

classic-cabana wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:49 am Still radio silence with regards to the status of Honor Club. No responses to the many many replies asking about its status and whether DBD will be shown (its not but come on, customer service etc, answer people).

Even Ian Riccaboni who is always responsive to questions is avoiding this one.

Noticed a lot of tweets from current subscribers saying HC is now down, they can't access it etc. Just checked I'm still able to access through Firestick and everything is still up
HonorClub Transformation

Ring of Honor is also currently revamping its HonorClub program with enhanced elements and functionality. During this ongoing transformation, there will be a pause on accepting new memberships. Current memberships (as of July 16, 2022), will be extended at no additional cost until the refreshed HonorClub platform is launched in early fall 2022.

Fans will be able to subscribe to HonorClub for a monthly fee of $9.99. New HonorClub content will become available 60 days after the events happen live.

Sign up here to be notified of all updates and announcements related to HonorClub.

Note that any refund requests by current members will be compensated with a $10 ShopHonor/ PWTees credit for every month remaining on the subscription. For questions or additional information, please email help@rohwrestling.com.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I got that via e-mail as well. Glad they sent an update. I'm guessing there's more to come on the service. Because i assume you don't get the ROH Shop discount anymore, no more PPV's or Live events from the looks of it. Would have been cool if they ran live events on HonorClub; but this leads me to think; they probably have a TV deal forthcoming; OR just playing things by ear. 9.99 monthly for basically older content seems a little steep. Maybe a 4.99 price tag seems more ideal; without much newer content.

Looks like he wants to run ROH very similar to AEW. Focus around TV and limited PPV's.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:12 am I got that via e-mail as well. Glad they sent an update. I'm guessing there's more to come on the service. Because i assume you don't get the ROH Shop discount anymore, no more PPV's or Live events from the looks of it. Would have been cool if they ran live events on HonorClub; but this leads me to think; they probably have a TV deal forthcoming; OR just playing things by ear. 9.99 monthly for basically older content seems a little steep. Maybe a 4.99 price tag seems more ideal; without much newer content.

Looks like he wants to run ROH very similar to AEW. Focus around TV and limited PPV's.
Tony biggest problem will be making roh feel different from aew given he booking all of it
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:17 am
Montana wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:12 am I got that via e-mail as well. Glad they sent an update. I'm guessing there's more to come on the service. Because i assume you don't get the ROH Shop discount anymore, no more PPV's or Live events from the looks of it. Would have been cool if they ran live events on HonorClub; but this leads me to think; they probably have a TV deal forthcoming; OR just playing things by ear. 9.99 monthly for basically older content seems a little steep. Maybe a 4.99 price tag seems more ideal; without much newer content.

Tony biggest problem will be making roh feel different from aew given he booking all of it
Didn't get email so thank you for sharing.

As for making ROH different to AEW I guess its hard when both sharing same airtime, at least the branding differentiates the promotion. Think DBD will be telling in where we are heading. Creatively, Gresham turn felt very AEW and not something I saw coming in ROH anytime soon.

SCOH still looked and felt like an ROH show, just with better cameras/production.. I'll take that. Ian, Caprice and Bobby Cruise being all over ROH matches is a good sign. Just hope that once ROH newco settles and has its tv deal etc that ROH talent is ROH talent and there isn't too much crossover with AEW.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Who the hell will pay 9.99 a month for content they already watched? Whatever money they are putting into "revamping" will be a total waste.

Btw you can still watch roh content on Fite. So if you missed anything past year or so go watch it before it is gone.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:10 pm Who the hell will pay 9.99 a month for content they already watched? Whatever money they are putting into "revamping" will be a total waste.

Btw you can still watch roh content on Fite. So if you missed anything past year or so go watch it before it is gone.
That's kinda what i'm thinking ; but maybe if the "new AEW" is seeing ROH for the first time; he could get some people that way. Here nor there; think if your going to charge 10$ a month; they'll need to add some value somewhere. Not sure what upgrades/enhancements they can do ; other than just a new UI. Would be awesome if they dubbed in some music; or got the music rights for the shows.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

classic-cabana wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:11 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:17 am

Didn't get email so thank you for sharing.

I didn't get it either, which is kind of annoying. ROH has had my email address, connected to my HonorClub account since pretty much day one of Honor Club. How do you not make sure all emails with active accounts get an email?