Death Before Dishonor 2022!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DougN

Death Before Dishonor 2022!

Post by DougN »

Fightful is reporting it's coming this summer. Hopes for a potential card?
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
DougN

Re: Death Before Dishonor 2022!

Post by DougN »

I'll go:

ROH World Title:
Jonathan Gresham (c) v. Daniel Garcia

ROH Tag Team Title:
FTR (c) v. House Of Black (Brody King & Buddy Matthews)

ROH Women's Title:
Mercedes Martinez v. Riho

ROH Pure Title:
Wheeler Yuta (c) v. Lee Moriarty

ROH TV Title:
Samoa Joe (c) v. Jay Lethal

Colt Cabana v. Dalton Castle

Josh Woods v. Bandido

Brian Cage v. Alex Zayne

Gates Of Agony (Jasper Kaun & Toa Liona) v. Varsity Blondes
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ROH is expected to return to pay-per-view in July.

According to a report from Fightful Select, AEW talent have been told that ROH Death Before Dishonor is being planned for the weekend of July 23, 2022. The event is expected to take place in Lowell, Massachusetts.

The first Death Before Dishonor occurred on July 19, 2003 and featured Samoa Joe defending the ROH World Championship against Paul London in the main event. Aside from in 2020, the event has run every year since.

In April, ROH owner Tony Khan spoke to ESPN regarding the future of the promotion.

"I've been having more conversations with WarnerMedia about what we can do together to grow Ring of Honor," Khan said. "I think it would make sense for Ring of Honor to continue as a weekly series and major events, like we just had with Supercard."
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I was wondering if at the least the tentpole events would continue in the interim, so this is good. I'd have just had this piggyback Forbidden Door in Chicago though (perhaps do it in Milwaukee?), and would have Glory By Honor piggyback All Out, Anniversary with Revolution, Supercard moved to Double or Nothing, etc.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Since they have Rampage on Friday and fan fests on Saturday, I doubt they want to do any PPVs on Saturday.

But I agree, they could piggy back better somehow.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I like Doug’s card for the PPV. Only change is maybe a rematch with Briscoes and FTR, but quite unlikely if the Briscoes aren’t signed to AEW.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Montana wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:15 am I like Doug’s card for the PPV. Only change is maybe a rematch with Briscoes and FTR, but quite unlikely if the Briscoes aren’t signed to AEW.
Fightful reported an interview where Khan mentioned the Briscoes positively, so don't rule it out just yet 🤞(thinking maybe once ROH tv deal is sorted we may see talent signed to "ROH" contracts)

Delighted with this news. Desperate for some regular ROH again and came out of SCOH more optimistic about the future than I went in

Be interesting to see how much AEW pushes the ppv on Dynamite/Rampage and how prominent angles setting up ppv matches will be on TV
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

You guys are delusional if you think ROH is getting a TV deal. The brand was dead when Tony bought it and still is.

AEW barely has enough time for their own talent, they definitely won’t be spending a lot of time on “ROH wrestlers”.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I think a realistic guess at a card could look something like this:

Joe & Gresham vs Lethal & Dutt

Mercedes Martinez vs AQA (although I’d personally try to add Miranda Alize in there because her vs Mercedes with a full build up is a match I’d pay to see)

FTR vs reDRagon

Brian Cage vs Josh Woods

Yuta vs Lee Moriarty

Dalton Castle vs Colt Cabana vs CB vs Tony Nese

Kaun & Liona vs Rhett Titus & Joe Keys

Alex Zayne vs Blake Christian

It will be interesting to see what direction they go with for it. They have to have some type of show moving forward, even if it is just a YouTube show like Dark, otherwise the purchase would be pointless.
Montana

Post by Montana »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:02 pm You guys are delusional if you think ROH is getting a TV deal. The brand was dead when Tony bought it and still is.

AEW barely has enough time for their own talent, they definitely won’t be spending a lot of time on “ROH wrestlers”.

While i'd be surprised if they get some sort of deal with TNT/TBS, i could see perhaps a smaller deal with TruTv; or apart of some HBOMax, streaming service. Worst case scenario; AEW starts their own streaming service; to air ROH TV. I wouldn't rule out ROH on AXS as well. It typically takes a lot longer than 2 months to set up TV deals.

My guess, Fall at the earliest we'd here something on a TV deal.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

ROH will have a TV deal or streaming deal. My guess is they were waiting for this merger stuff to come through, plus Tony didn't officially take control till May.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Montana

Post by Montana »

Cool… that didn’t take long after Forbidden Door. Wonder if it will be on Honorclub.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think
Gresham vs. Cage
Joe vs. Lethal
Martinez vs. Deeb
FTR vs. Andrade El Idolo & Rush
Yuta vs. Garcia
Gates of Agony vs. Sydal & Moriarty
Cabana vs. Strickland for a Future ROH World Championship Match
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

FTR vs. Briscoes II ???
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Pretty good card thus far:

ROH tv title
Samoa Joe vs Jay Lethal

Tag titles
FTR vs. Briscoes

Pure Title
Wheeler Yuta vs Daniel Garcia

Now, just wondering if it will stream on Honorclub.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i believe that the big surprise for this show was claudio castagnoli but he debuted before so they need to do something big like biscoes vs ftr 2.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to wrestletix roh is already sold a little over 2.000 out 3.000 tickets for the show
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:55 pm According to wrestletix roh is already sold a little over 2.000 out 3.000 tickets for the show
That goes to show the power of great TV deal & the trust TK has with wrestling fans at the moment.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Montana wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 am Cool… that didn’t take long after Forbidden Door. Wonder if it will be on Honorclub.

I've only seen Bleacher Report and Fite confirmed as running this ppv. Any replies to social media posts asking if its on Honor Club are ignored. SCOH was heavily promoted as being on Honor Club as well as Fite.

I completely get the new owners wanting to get as much money as possible from the ppv, but at least be open and transparent to ROH fans who were here before this year with regards to the status of live events on Honor Club.