Tony Kahn booking ROH

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Tony Kahn booking ROH

Post by AnHonorableMention »

indyfan wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:32 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:12 pm
indyfan wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:44 pm

lol

We dont imitate, we innovate died long before 2011.

Rhett gets demolished by Suzuki and thats SBGs fault lol. Im not even a huge Titus fan, but i can't see how this new Era of ROH( that some fans think is closer to the golden era) has no spot for him.

i agree matches and characters age differently. I just dont see how guys like Adam Cole, Kyle Oreily, Mark Haskins, Tracy Williams, Gresham, Cobb, Woods, Elgin, Ciampa, Bandido, Rey Horus, Dragon Lee, SIlas Young, Eddie Edwards wouldnt age greatly or fit right in with the golden era. Theres no shortage of great matches between 2011 and 2021.
I'm not sure what's funny. The company drove its product by the best matches to sell dvds. That died with TV, as did we don't imitate, we innovate.

Where did I blame SBG for TK's booking? Re: Rhett v. Suzuki.

Some of those names would fit at the top of any era. Others, not a fuckin chance.
You re keep my podcast out of your mouth comment was pretty funny.

Its not about if the talent i named are top talent in any era. the argument is theyd fit in any era anywhere on the card. And they absolutely would.

Theres lots and lots and lots of great matches between 2011 and 2021. its not even a debate.

DVDS were going extinct anyway.

I just dont get this Tony Kahn is going to give us golden era ROH...Its going to be a tv product. they arent selling dvds either.

You wrote:

"However, it's one show and a show forced upon TK by a bunch of goofs at SBG."

You re saying this in response to the booking of the show. Like Kahn had no choice. Rhetts jobbing out is all on Tony. Bucks jumping Briscoes(After potentially their last match after a near 20 year stint in ROH. They left in 2004 and comeback in 2006) to push a match on Dynamite is all Tony.

So i just dont see how TONY is giving a us a true golden era ROH product. id say 2012- 2017 was more true to the golden era.
I have a name, and you affixing some nonsensical statement to a podcast I co-created that isn't in any way accurate is why I told you not to speak on things you know nothing of.

Nobody is debating talent fitting on a card but talent that headlined like Matt Taven would be fortunate to be opening a show in Gabe's era. PCO?! Love that Danhausen but come on.

There's been great matches in ROH for 20 years plus, ROH influenced every aspect of modern pro wrestling. That's the entire throughline of Code of Honor.

The golden era of ROH was built around dream matches with stories inside of those matches. That's exactly what you saw at Supercard. The show would never have happened if TK didn't want fans to be disappointed in an already toxic brand by cancelling the show. SBG announced the show knowing full well a sale was going to be their best bet at getting anything.

Nobody is saying the booking of Rhett at SCOH was smart. I hated it personally but until there is a determination of what the next phase in a 20 year legacy is going to be it was the right choice because not even Rhett knows if he's being considered for a spot. The Bucks building to one of the best matches in the history of televised tag team wrestling with a team who just had one of the best matches in the history of ROH with the tag team that carried the ball for the majority of ROH's existence was called storytelling. You have to do that week to week, here's a chance to do that in front of a large audience watching PPV heading to a massive tv episode.

This company lost and spent more money from 2012-2019. Calling any of that the golden era means you don't know what defines the term golden era.
Captain Podcast
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Reposted from AEW discussion board:

Would have preferred Samoa Joe winning via DQ interference & leaving the belt on Minoru Suzuki for the duration of his American stay. Then give Joe his rematch (in the middle of Jay Lethal feud) & ROH TV Championship win.

Leaving the title on Suzuki until mid-may NJPW Capital Collision weekend to help the AEW & New Japan relationship. And create AEW/ROH content to display on New Japan World for expansion in Japanese TV/media.

Whatever.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

As stated before, If Tony Khan wants Ring Of Honor to be distinctly different than All Elite Wrestling than it may be best to team up with NJPW of America. This statement is not based on the upcoming Forbidden Door team-up in Chicagoland next month. Even though it does influence the next statements.

Went a watched NJPW Capital Collision live in Washington D.C. last night. Personally had a great experience as part of the audience. Floor seats help. The crowd was Greatness. That being said, the blending of the New Japan Strong with the NJPW Main Roster worked well. It worked well in terms of booking, but more importantly it worked well with the operational aspect & production. The show flowed well.

AEW has its distinct personality due to Tony Khan & the influence of the Elite as Executive Vice Presidents. And has morphed into what it is due to talent acquisition over the years. Thinking ROH can have its distinct personality due to Tony Khan & the New Japan Strong team.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!