The Ringer: The 11 Most Pivotal Matches in ROH History

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

The Ringer: The 11 Most Pivotal Matches in ROH History

Post by supersonic »

Written by Phil Schneider, who comes from the DVDR background that Tony Khan was known for.

https://t.co/XMBpBfQLuy
Montana

Re: The Ringer: The 11 Most Pivotal Matches in ROH History

Post by Montana »

Pretty solid list. Hit most all the major one’s I can think. I’d have about 7 of the 11 on my list. The one’s I’d switch:

Sub out: Homicide/Corino for Adam Cole/O’Reily Hybrid fighting. Partially to balance out the era’s, but the hybrid fighting match was kind of the launching point for the Cole/‘Reily style era.

Hero/Styles for Jay Lethal vs Matt Taven vs Marty Scrull at G1 Supercard. When thinking of pivotal matches, this was probably the biggest omission. (Good or bad). Was a crowning moment for 2019 and on.

BC vs Choas for Cody vs Omega at at Supercard. Just felt like the bigger match and one that defined an era.

Dragon Lee/Rush vs Briscoes for Briscoes vs Steen/Geneico at Man up. While Dragon Lee and Rush vs Briscoes was excellent, didn’t consider this to be that pivotal. Man up was pretty historic.

I’m sure everyone would look at these matches differently. So many historic/classic matches and pivotal could mean different things to different people. Lots of options. These were just off the top of my head.

A few honorable mentions:
Dragon Gate 6 man at SCOH 1

Homicide vs Colt Cabana (Street fight I believe)

I feel like Nigel/Aires should be represented here, but not sure how that fits in.

Probably Gresham winning the pure title or his trio of matches with Jay Lethal would be worthy.

As mentioned, lots of options.