SBG SELLS ROH TO TONY KHAN

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: SBG SELLS ROH TO TONY KHAN

Post by AnHonorableMention »

DougN wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:16 pm The idea that the Young Bucks would be afraid to bring in Briscoes because they're are more dynamic and will get over too fast and too much is so fucking laughable. This is the same team that famously lost "too much" in 2019 and early 2020.
and has lost more than any top team since late 2021 into 2022. It's a lazy excuse. They saw a chance to become mega stars, and did it while ROH was asleep at the wheel. ROH thought they could replace them with lifeblood or whatever that goofy thrown together group was and it failed. It's just such a tired story and everyone is tired of hearing the excuses.
Captain Podcast
DougN

Post by DougN »

So what do you think when you see their statement/apology with Fightful this week?
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

As stated, I haven't even seen (what I believe was) a disingenuous Michael Vick type of PR move to show alliance with the LGBTQ community, as well as fully owning EXACTLY what Jay put out there, which was threatening to murder anyone who taught his children that homosexuality is acceptable. (For the evidence of Vick's lack of contrition, it's in this documentary - http://www.championsdocumentary.com/)

Jay, Kendrick, and Bollea don't have a fucking clue on how to convince the public that they've done a 180. Perhaps because deep down, the best way to convince everyone of a 180 is to actually put in the work and introspection that a complete 180 necessitates.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Well, let me counter with the fact that Ian Riccaboni and others behind the scenes have been very vocal about how Jay Briscoe has done charity work with LGBTQIA organizations. Even before this whole fluff-up with who's signing who.

I don't want to lump Hogan and Kendrick and Jay all into the same umbrella. Not saying you're doing that necessarily, but they're different cases. Hogan was very much the "I'm sorry I got caught," but it was also the summation of decades of shitty behavoir that people finally said enough is enough. Kendrick is an unapologetic edge-lord it sees. Jay Briscoe tweeted some extremely offensive stuff that wouldn't fly in 1995 let alone 2012.

But at a certain point, you do have to give people room to grow and learn. I'm not arguing that you haven't seen much evidence of that either, but plenty of people HAVE vouched for him and I'll also bring up how people who do attempt public reconciliation with charities are accused of doing it just for the publicity.

I don't think there's any easy answer in the Jay Briscoe situation. I thought the apology was really well-done, but I can totally understand people still not wanting him around, either from a fan perspective or a business perspective. It's messy when you get this ugly about your beliefs.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think a really good indicator of feeling on The Briscoes and that they've changed is the locker room they've been in most since the hiatus. GCW is one of the most progressive companies in the modern era when it come to LGBTQ+ talent, I don't think they've be working there regularly if they haven't changed and atoned.