SBG SELLS ROH TO TONY KHAN

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Reaper G

Re: SBG SELLS ROH TO TONY KHAN

Post by Reaper G »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:16 pm
indyfan wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:26 am
supersonic wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:35 pm

I’ve seen more effort from Michael Vick to be a pit bull advocate (although I’ve seen evidence that it’s just PR) than I’ve seen Jay of being an LGBTQ ally.

Kendrick falls into the Hogan category (who Khan has made it clear will never be in AEW) of opting to not fully own the severity his shit and try to be a solution to combating racism.

Maybe these guys should learn about the story of Saul becoming Paul if they wanna have a fully convincing turnaround.
Wait....you must become an ally to wash away your verbal or written sins?
I don't know who Saul is or Paul. But at this point in life if you're still clinging on to this nonsense of not everyone has the right to be happy be it marrying a man or a woman or a man who used to be a woman or a woman who used to be a man. Everyone has the right to be happy and healthy in their own shoes and if you can't support that you don't belong in society or have the right to work in a privileged job.
Saul is Walter White's attorney, while Paul used to write songs with John Lennon.

Seriously, it's in an old book you might have come across.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

supersonic wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:35 pm

I’ve seen more effort from Michael Vick to be a pit bull advocate (although I’ve seen evidence that it’s just PR) than I’ve seen Jay of being an LGBTQ ally.

Kendrick falls into the Hogan category (who Khan has made it clear will never be in AEW) of opting to not fully own the severity his shit and try to be a solution to combating racism.

Maybe these guys should learn about the story of Saul becoming Paul if they wanna have a fully convincing turnaround.
I don't know who Saul is or Paul. But at this point in life if you're still clinging on to this nonsense of not everyone has the right to be happy be it marrying a man or a woman or a man who used to be a woman or a woman who used to be a man. Everyone has the right to be happy and healthy in their own shoes and if you can't support that you don't belong in society or have the right to work in a privileged job.
What your saying is “if you don’t believe what I believe you better shut up or else” which is total bullshit. Who made you boss? When you say everyone has the right to be happy…tell that to a crying girl to suck it up because Jack is now Judy and kicked your ass in the game. Or tell that to the 8 year old boy who is being forced by his radical mom to be a girl because he once played with a girls toy. The Warner guy doesn’t believe the bullshit he just doesn’t want pink haired hairy arm pit losers on twitter to start a hashtag
Montana

Post by Montana »

Let’s be honest here… who’s this Warner Media Exec that #1 actually knows who the Briscoes are. (I highly doubt a majority know who wwe and let alone AEW champions are). #2 knows about what they said 9 years ago in some random quote.

I assume someone/multiple people in AEW don’t want them there, and using the Warner Media narrative to save face.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Montana wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:30 am Let’s be honest here… who’s this Warner Media Exec that #1 actually knows who the Briscoes are. (I highly doubt a majority know who wwe and let alone AEW champions are). #2 knows about what they said 9 years ago in some random quote.

I assume someone/multiple people in AEW don’t want them there, and using the Warner Media narrative to save face.
What's the reason tho? It cant be the tweets because after that every AEW guy who worked with them has said good things. They are now being booked everywhere. Would it be because they are a great tag team with flashy moves and undeniable charisma?? Hmmmmmmm
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Reaper G wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:19 pm

Saul is Walter White's attorney, while Paul used to write songs with John Lennon.

Seriously, it's in an old book you might have come across.
Well yes the great Saul Goodman and Paul McCartney lol.

I was raised Jewish and haven't practiced organized religion in 23 years. I'm good on that specific book.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:45 am

What your saying is “if you don’t believe what I believe you better shut up or else” which is total bullshit. Who made you boss? When you say everyone has the right to be happy…tell that to a crying girl to suck it up because Jack is now Judy and kicked your ass in the game. Or tell that to the 8 year old boy who is being forced by his radical mom to be a girl because he once played with a girls toy. The Warner guy doesn’t believe the bullshit he just doesn’t want pink haired hairy arm pit losers on twitter to start a hashtag

Good lord this is the most tone deaf and ignorant take possible.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:30 am Let’s be honest here… who’s this Warner Media Exec that #1 actually knows who the Briscoes are. (I highly doubt a majority know who wwe and let alone AEW champions are). #2 knows about what they said 9 years ago in some random quote.

As best I can tell it's a combination of everything, executives, talent not wanting them to come in because of past experiences, the twitter, and IMO the gluttony of tag teams. There's a demand for the Briscoes elsewhere. Better to be the big fish in the small pond and living a good life than a small fish in a big pond where you're going to get lost.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:22 pm

You have kids? If so go grab a banana and teach them about anal sex. My wife complained when a teacher taught our 6 year old this…my wife was called a bigot and homophobic by an administrator. Then for revenge they spammed her business on yelp. So spare me the “clinging to nonsense”…get out of your bubble. Get in the real world where political agendas are forced on you and if you resist to anything you are targeted for destruction.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:26 pm

As best I can tell it's a combination of everything, executives, talent not wanting them to come in because of past experiences, the twitter, and IMO the gluttony of tag teams. There's a demand for the Briscoes elsewhere. Better to be the big fish in the small pond and living a good life than a small fish in a big pond where you're going to get lost.
I call bullshit. AEW signs everyone but now they have too many tag teams?. The Briscoes are well liked everywhere. If there was problems these diva wrestlers would be on twitter bitching about them. I have seen nothing. I just see people wanting to wrestle them every damn day. They just signed a tag team wrestler who’s an addict with multiple arrests & incidents of wrestling intoxicated. They have guys on roster accused of sexual assault/abuse and one’s who made racist or homophobic tweets but they must draw the line with the Briscoes….GTFO. We all know why they aren’t being signed and it’s 2 EVPs scared that a more dynamic team would come in and get over too fast and too much.
DougN

Post by DougN »

You have kids? If so go grab a banana and teach them about anal sex. My wife complained when a teacher taught our 6 year old this…my wife was called a bigot and homophobic by an administrator. Then for revenge they spammed her business on yelp. So spare me the “clinging to nonsense”…get out of your bubble. Get in the real world where political agendas are forced on you and if you resist to anything you are targeted for destruction.
You're just a terrible person. Seriously. Go to hell. You're literally clinging to nonsense and using so-called anecdotal shit to back it up.

Here's the issue with throwing out a tidbit or anecdote. One, it's not verifiable. I don't know if you knew this, but things on the internet are not always what they seem to be. Shocker, I know, coming from someone clutching their pearls every night while falling asleep over the AGENDA. Two, if it is true, one instance does not equate rampart usage. It's the same thing as people saying "well, I had a cop nice to me one time so why should cops need body cams at all?" or "this politician listened to me so they all must be good."

You've got an example of a teacher telling your 6 year old what anal sex is. I highly, highly doubt it, mostly because it's a talking point I've heard parroted on conservative talk radio in those exact same terms just like that famous Sinclair Broadcast Group clip of news anchors repeating the same phrase verbatim. And it fits into this narrative that kids can't understand same-sex relationships because we can't explain to them the do's and don'ts of their intercourse. Which is the most ass-backwards, hysterical shit I've ever heard in my life. You know how you explain same-sex relationships? Well, some boys love girls and some boys love boys. Some girls love boys and some girls love girls. That's it. They don't need more explanation than that. It's not like they watch Aladdin and Jasmine get married and then have questions about what happens that night. Just because your mind jumps to the intimate aspect of it doesn't mean your kid does, and if it does, then I think it says more about you than it does about them. I've got a kid and I've also got a ton of godchildren -- it's not rocket science.

But let's play devil's advocate and say that that happened. Then it's a bad teacher, which there are. But it's not endemic of the school system or whatever dumb-ass agenda people have been crying about for 30 years. If your teacher literally did teach anal sex to a 6 year old using a banana, this would literally be the story on Fox News for weeks. WEEKS, dude. They clung to CRT when they can't even describe it -- you don't think they would jump at the chance to showcase immorality in a government funded location?

You know what the REAL agenda is? People like you supporting teaching kids less and less and less. You're so afraid of having a conversation that you want it outlawed to even be mentioned. Guess what -- gay people exist and when you shelter these kids from it, that's when they grow up with fear and hatred of it which leads to hate crimes.

I'll end how I started. You're a terrible person. Seriously. Go to hell.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

DougN wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:27 am
You're just a terrible person. Seriously. Go to hell. You're literally clinging to nonsense and using so-called anecdotal shit to back it up.

Here's the issue with throwing out a tidbit or anecdote. One, it's not verifiable. I don't know if you knew this, but things on the internet are not always what they seem to be. Shocker, I know, coming from someone clutching their pearls every night while falling asleep over the AGENDA. Two, if it is true, one instance does not equate rampart usage. It's the same thing as people saying "well, I had a cop nice to me one time so why should cops need body cams at all?" or "this politician listened to me so they all must be good."

You've got an example of a teacher telling your 6 year old what anal sex is. I highly, highly doubt it, mostly because it's a talking point I've heard parroted on conservative talk radio in those exact same terms just like that famous Sinclair Broadcast Group clip of news anchors repeating the same phrase verbatim. And it fits into this narrative that kids can't understand same-sex relationships because we can't explain to them the do's and don'ts of their intercourse. Which is the most ass-backwards, hysterical shit I've ever heard in my life. You know how you explain same-sex relationships? Well, some boys love girls and some boys love boys. Some girls love boys and some girls love girls. That's it. They don't need more explanation than that. It's not like they watch Aladdin and Jasmine get married and then have questions about what happens that night. Just because your mind jumps to the intimate aspect of it doesn't mean your kid does, and if it does, then I think it says more about you than it does about them. I've got a kid and I've also got a ton of godchildren -- it's not rocket science.

But let's play devil's advocate and say that that happened. Then it's a bad teacher, which there are. But it's not endemic of the school system or whatever dumb-ass agenda people have been crying about for 30 years. If your teacher literally did teach anal sex to a 6 year old using a banana, this would literally be the story on Fox News for weeks. WEEKS, dude. They clung to CRT when they can't even describe it -- you don't think they would jump at the chance to showcase immorality in a government funded location?

You know what the REAL agenda is? People like you supporting teaching kids less and less and less. You're so afraid of having a conversation that you want it outlawed to even be mentioned. Guess what -- gay people exist and when you shelter these kids from it, that's when they grow up with fear and hatred of it which leads to hate crimes.

Just to play devils advocate....wouldnt calling him a liar make you a terrible person? Also whether Foxnews picks it up or not is a pretty loose argument. But i do agree they love stories like that.

If the teacher did teach that, id be pissed too because sex education should be taught to kids a little older than 6 imo. Maybe 10 years or even 12. But definitely fine with it being taught in schools

However teaching 6 year old kids there are different types of families is completely ok. And i think we should teach them that.

The next part is his wifes business getting review bombed for bringing this up.

This does happen. Hell it happened to the show the 100 when they killed off a lesbian on the show( she left to go do another show..out of the direvtors control) The show was review bombed for the rest of the season.

People shouldnt be punished for asking questions regarding their childrens education.

Sheltering kids from realities of homosexuality wont turn that into hate crimes. teaching them its digusting or wrong could. But not sheltering.

on the Flip side ostracizing bigots from society could also lead to hate crimes.

best way to combat bigotry is through empathy. If bigots can learn to emphasize with the people they look down on, they have a better chance of overcoming their bigotry.

check out the KKK whisperer

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/54486193 ... heir-robes
DougN

Post by DougN »

You're saying "sheltering kids from realities of homosexuality won't turn into hate crimes." That's not what I said. I said sheltering people from the fact that gay people exist, because that is the fight going on right now in Florida and other states. They are not allowing teachers to even acknowledge that some boys love boys or some girls love girls. That's the reality of the situation. Getting into an argument of what the "reality of homosexuality" is pointless because one, no one here is advocating graphic sex education to young children, and two, it again goes to the problem that people frame a conversation around homosexuality with having to describe the sex. And why is that ever a thing? It's an inane intrusion into the personal life of people that we do not throw down upon heterosexual couples who may not have traditional intercourse themselves.

Literally any story that backs up a talking point right now is elevated, and that's on both sides of EITHER issue. So again, if this scenario did happen, there's no fucking way outlets didn't pick up on it. So yeah. I am calling him a liar. Straight up. I don't believe that makes me a terrible person when he is throwing out an anecdotal story with no proof that matches conservative talk radio subject matter almost verbatim (only thing missing was the Nutella). Then he has the balls to say "political agenda is being forced upon him," clearly missing how his propaganda is doing just that and worse.

This shit is garbage. He levies a very serious charge against both his school and community, with no proof whatsoever. What? To prove a point about wrestlers being blackballed for theater? That's utter nonsense. He could prove it very easily if it was true too, but no, he deserves his personal life to be private except when it suits him in a dumb argument.

Want to prove me wrong? I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. I'll even throw down $100 to a charity of his choice if he provide some proof. Send us a link to that Yelp page that was allegedly spammed. Hell, I'll send the news tip to Fox News myself, even though it's still clear to anyone with a brain that one teacher does not equate the totality of the public school system.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

DougN wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:25 am You're saying "sheltering kids from realities of homosexuality won't turn into hate crimes." That's not what I said. I said sheltering people from the fact that gay people exist, because that is the fight going on right now in Florida and other states. They are not allowing teachers to even acknowledge that some boys love boys or some girls love girls. That's the reality of the situation. Getting into an argument of what the "reality of homosexuality" is pointless because one, no one here is advocating graphic sex education to young children, and two, it again goes to the problem that people frame a conversation around homosexuality with having to describe the sex. And why is that ever a thing? It's an inane intrusion into the personal life of people that we do not throw down upon heterosexual couples who may not have traditional intercourse themselves.

Literally any story that backs up a talking point right now is elevated, and that's on both sides of EITHER issue. So again, if this scenario did happen, there's no fucking way outlets didn't pick up on it. So yeah. I am calling him a liar. Straight up. I don't believe that makes me a terrible person when he is throwing out an anecdotal story with no proof that matches conservative talk radio subject matter almost verbatim (only thing missing was the Nutella). Then he has the balls to say "political agenda is being forced upon him," clearly missing how his propaganda is doing just that and worse.

This shit is garbage. He levies a very serious charge against both his school and community, with no proof whatsoever. What? To prove a point about wrestlers being blackballed for theater? That's utter nonsense. He could prove it very easily if it was true too, but no, he deserves his personal life to be private except when it suits him in a dumb argument.

Want to prove me wrong? I have no problem admitting I'm wrong. I'll even throw down $100 to a charity of his choice if he provide some proof. Send us a link to that Yelp page that was allegedly spammed. Hell, I'll send the news tip to Fox News myself, even though it's still clear to anyone with a brain that one teacher does not equate the totality of the public school system.
But even the bill in Florida is only until grade 3. After that the teachers are allowed to teach other types of families or that gay, and transgender people exist. Also the bill also states the teacher is allowed to have one on one conversations with kids about it if they are interested.( in kindergarden to grade 3.) im not in favour of the bill as its ridiculous and also because teachers will end up scared of being sued if they talk about gay, transgender families.

And honestly though i worded it wrong...my bad. i was referring to what you said.

You say on one hand kids dont further question Jasmine and Aladdin hooking up as their minds dont focus on what they do during the night. i agree with that. kids arent questioning sex at that age unless theyve been exposed already.

At the same time why would not showing kids that homosexuals exist turn them into bigots or people that will commit hate crimes.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Fair question. I wasn't saying everyone sheltered will turn into bigots or commit hate crimes so if the implication is there, I apologize for poor wording. But it's very clear that ignorance to other races and lifestyles does lead to a higher percentage of hatred and bigotry. There have been studies that point to the correlation -- in communities with less diversity, hatred or fear runs higher. And I don't just mean white people. Similar studies were done in Hispanic communities and Black communities, et cetera. When you're not exposed to other ways of life, there is a high chance that you will fear and/or hate it. And that fear/hate unfortunately can turn into violence. And I don't want to get into the straw-man argument of corporate or forced diversity -- that's a separate issue than forcibly sheltering people.

On the bill itself, it does say until grade 3, but it is also written in vague terms throughout and very much so on purpose. And proposed bills in other states do not have this grade 3 distinction.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

DougN wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:27 am

Read your first sentence and I stopped at that. Another dumb fucking liberal. Fuck off.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Imagine calling someone dumb while trying to make people believe your 6 year old's teacher taught them about anal sex in the classroom.

Also, I love people who say "read your first sentence and I stopped at that" when they spend their time posting on a board arguing with people. Yeah, this is where you draw the line in not reading. Sure, buddy. I'll believe you have a problem reading, but I still believe you read that and probably hugged your photo of Sean Hannity for emotional support.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:10 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Sounds like some very strong attempts at biblical and political theater or as the rest of us living in the present refer to it as bull shit.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:20 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:26 pm

I call bullshit. AEW signs everyone but now they have too many tag teams?. The Briscoes are well liked everywhere. If there was problems these diva wrestlers would be on twitter bitching about them. I have seen nothing. I just see people wanting to wrestle them every damn day. They just signed a tag team wrestler who’s an addict with multiple arrests & incidents of wrestling intoxicated. They have guys on roster accused of sexual assault/abuse and one’s who made racist or homophobic tweets but they must draw the line with the Briscoes….GTFO. We all know why they aren’t being signed and it’s 2 EVPs scared that a more dynamic team would come in and get over too fast and too much.
AEW doesn't sign everyone. They might sign too many people but they don't sign everyone. If we're talking arrests and intoxication, eh I'd probably need to see names named there. Same goes for the rest of the whataboutisms. Certainly not everyone working there, I'd hire but I can assure you Nick & Matt don't care nor do they have a say in the issue.
Captain Podcast
DougN

Post by DougN »

The idea that the Young Bucks would be afraid to bring in Briscoes because they're are more dynamic and will get over too fast and too much is so fucking laughable. This is the same team that famously lost "too much" in 2019 and early 2020.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

Let's look at the bigger picture here. I'm not getting into the who political issue. it's been said and said on here above and we get it. I will say this. I'd almost guarantee, The Young Bucks could care less to say they care is, no, they could care less. Second when you're in with a Network as tight as Tony is with Warner Media. You serve a lot of masters. I have no idea on this, but I'd almost guarantee this. Tony has to listen to the higher ups at Warner Media. 1, because of AEW. 2. He wants to land ROH a air time on one of their networks.