Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:43 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:34 pm
Montana wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:59 am

Well, we are about 6-7 weeks away; and other than the main event; we have no idea what this "re-imagined" company will look like. No news on signing any backstage help, and/or wrestlers. They've basically been focusing on the Hall of Fame.

I know they said they were going to air matches from ROH wrestlers in other promotions (at some point) so i assume that's after March.

Can we at least get a few of the wrestlers scheduled to appear at Supercard?? No clue what their plan to return to a normal schedule would be. At this point; seems like they may try for another big show in the late Summer. No word on any future TV Tapings.

I wonder what the plan's to get some buzz around the promotion again. Especially after starting a Hall of Fame.

So let's take a look at what's gone from places they could be hyping this show;

ROH Strong (Eye roll) Podcast with that goof Kevin
Wednesday Women of Honor
Week by Week
ROH TV
ROHwrestling.com in which the last few stories were "HOF" related
Talent themselves

I am still not entirely convinced this show is even happening. This re-imagining is making the AWA Challenge Series look thoughtful. It's really sad.
"Goof"....lmaoooooo. You cant help yourself huh?
Would you have preferred dufus? How about uninformed host? OR hear me out, he's not a good podcast host and should stick to writing.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

You act all high and mighty about respect and treating people right and then you go off calling Kevin a Goof because you are extremely bitter. It's really hilarious.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:17 pm You act all high and mighty about respect and treating people right and then you go off calling Kevin a Goof because you are extremely bitter. It's really hilarious.
Bitter at what exactly?
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:22 pm
Shanahan wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:17 pm You act all high and mighty about respect and treating people right and then you go off calling Kevin a Goof because you are extremely bitter. It's really hilarious.
Bitter at what exactly?
Not surprising you have no idea. Be better.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:35 pm
Bitter at what exactly?
I'm waiting. Should I be bitter at Kevin for being the ROH podcast host? A job I was not offered, nor would I have taken had that been the case. Should I be bitter at ROH for alienating it's most diehard of fans? Nah, wrestling ain't life man. So by all means, please explain what I am bitter at?
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Recap of the ROH - Facebook Supercard of Honor Suggestions...

* ROH Is getting a New Logo!

* ROH is returning to TV tapings and Live events after Supercard with fans. (To some degree)

* 8 Matches on the Card. Gresham vs. Bandido being one. The Briscoes are Confirmed to have a tag title match. 6 matches remain.

* Popular names in the chat included Tom Lawlor, Swerve, FTR, Toni Storm, Major Players, SGC, Deppen, Dickson, Shane Taylor,

* Other names thrown out there: Steve Maclin, Joe Hendry, RJ City, Blake Christian, EC3,

(Handful of other big names thrown out there too, Josh Alexander, Mike Bailey, several others)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thanks for the recap,awesome.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:08 pm Recap of the ROH - Facebook Supercard of Honor Suggestions...

* ROH is returning to TV tapings and Live events after Supercard with fans. (To some degree)

* 8 Matches on the Card. Gresham vs. Bandido being one. The Briscoes are Confirmed to have a tag title match. 6 matches remain.

* Popular names in the chat included Tom Lawlor, Swerve, FTR, Toni Storm, Major Players, SGC, Deppen, Dickson, Shane Taylor,

* Other names thrown out there: Steve Maclin, Joe Hendry, RJ City, Blake Christian, EC3,

(Handful of other big names thrown out there too, Josh Alexander, Mike Bailey, several others)
Biggest question will they have some talent to contracts
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:07 pm

Bitter at what exactly?
I'm waiting. Should I be bitter at Kevin for being the ROH podcast host? A job I was not offered, nor would I have taken had that been the case. Should I be bitter at ROH for alienating it's most diehard of fans? Nah, wrestling ain't life man. So by all means, please explain what I am bitter at?
Im a diehard fan. ive been a fan since 06. own over 250 dvds.

i dont feel alienated...like at all.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:56 pm
Montana wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:08 pm Recap of the ROH - Facebook Supercard of Honor Suggestions...

They said they would be working with Impact/NJPW and AEW and other companies not named WWE for talent for future shows. So I assume no contracts for a bit.

But they did say they were resuming TV tapings, so I assume some companies would be better/less likely to allow their talent appear on TV. Seems like Impact and ROH have a good working relationship at the moment. So I’d assume more Impact talent than other companies.

This could be a breathe of fresh air for a while. I’d imagine at some point they’ll lock in a few guys once they settle back in.

They also said there should be an announcement in the next week or two supercard related. (Match or two I assume) and likely having another suggestion session in a few weeks.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

briscoes vs ftr?
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:07 am

How often did you communicate with people on the business side of ROH? How integrated were you with the locker room? Were you comped at events? Did you know people personally that worked for ROH and were fired or cast aside for reasons left unknown to the persons themselves?
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Bitter at what exactly?
Still waiting....
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:34 pm

Bitter at what exactly?
Still waiting....
As the great Michael Rappaport says "Hang in the pocket like Matthew Stafford" I'm hanging in the pocket for an answer babe. Come on now. What has me so bitter?
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:33 pm

How often did you communicate with people on the business side of ROH? How integrated were you with the locker room? Were you comped at events? Did you know people personally that worked for ROH and were fired or cast aside for reasons left unknown to the persons themselves?
1) often enough
2)very intergrated
3) i knew everybody

still love ROH baby!!!!
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Montana wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:25 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:56 pm

They said they would be working with Impact/NJPW and AEW and other companies not named WWE for talent for future shows. So I assume no contracts for a bit.

But they did say they were resuming TV tapings, so I assume some companies would be better/less likely to allow their talent appear on TV. Seems like Impact and ROH have a good working relationship at the moment. So I’d assume more Impact talent than other companies.

This could be a breathe of fresh air for a while. I’d imagine at some point they’ll lock in a few guys once they settle back in.

They also said there should be an announcement in the next week or two supercard related. (Match or two I assume) and likely having another suggestion session in a few weeks.
Makes sense. Honor No More is basically an anti-ROH faction running rampant in Impact. They make more sense in ROH and probably should make appearances in the reboot. They’re under Impact contract now so no reason to contract them. Rhett’s working NWA but I doubt would have a problem coming back
Shane Taylor on social media trying to get a bite from Impact, MLW or NWA with apparently no success (which blows my mind personally) so STP probably is down for a return as well.
Outside of Lethal, Quinn, Rok C and the CYN crew, everyone else from pre reboot should be available
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:19 am

1) often enough
2)very intergrated
3) i knew everybody

still love ROH baby!!!!

I've read more credible commentary on Fox News
Captain Podcast
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Listening to the FB live it struck me that this is probably going to be one of the most difficult shows in ROH history to book. Really one of the more difficult any company has had.

If it is too much like an ROH show, it’s not reimagined and people will complain. If it’s too different, it’s not really ROH and people will complain. The negative voices are almost guaranteed to be louder.

More important than any one match though, this show needs to reestablish the ROH brand. It needs to firmly embrace the vision of ROH, and I’m not really sure they have one.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:37 pm

1) often enough
2)very intergrated
3) i knew everybody

still love ROH baby!!!!

how is my commentary any less credible than yours.....
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

indyfan wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:31 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:37 pm

1) often enough
2)very intergrated
3) i knew everybody

still love ROH baby!!!!

how is my commentary any less credible than yours.....
Schwartz has a podcast with an ROH alumni (and current AEW employee) and has featured many other ROH alumni for guest interviews, some that have confirmed friendships. His lens is always going to be a bit different than those who have a more consumer-centric view on the industry.

The "Smoky Mountain of Honor" era permanently alienated me from ever becoming a die-hard follower of this federation again.