Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
indyfan

Re: Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

Post by indyfan »

im not sure if this is 100% . i just logged into Fite and it says purchased when i clicked ROH SCOH( not the pre show link, the actual ppv link) i still have Honorclub.

i hope im right. just thought id pass it a long
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

indyfan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:55 pm im not sure if this is 100% . i just logged into Fite and it says purchased when i clicked ROH SCOH( not the pre show link, the actual ppv link) i still have Honorclub.

Same here. Just checked my sub ends in may.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:50 pm
indyfan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:55 pm im not sure if this is 100% . i just logged into Fite and it says purchased when i clicked ROH SCOH( not the pre show link, the actual ppv link) i still have Honorclub.

Amazing!!! I would of paid anyway but still....ill take it lol. enjoy the show!!!!
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

indyfan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:53 pm
Shanahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:50 pm

Amazing!!! I would of paid anyway but still....ill take it lol. enjoy the show!!!!
You too.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

RIP ROH.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Well that was depressing.....
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

That may have been the worst ROH show I ever watched. A complete slap in the face to the fan base.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

I don't see how anyone can say it was the worst ROH. I thought it was very good. Most of the matches were good, some were really good. It was very good show.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Captain_44 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:10 pm I don't see how anyone can say it was the worst ROH. I thought it was very good. Most of the matches were good, some were really good. It was very good show.
Briscoes and FTR was very good. I enjoyed Zayne and Swerve. I didn't care for just about anything else.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 pm
Captain_44 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:10 pm I don't see how anyone can say it was the worst ROH. I thought it was very good. Most of the matches were good, some were really good. It was very good show.
Briscoes and FTR was very good. I enjoyed Zayne and Swerve. I didn't care for just about anything else.
Zayne impressed me a lot. I knew Swerve was good. But, Zayne looked good IMO.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What show were you all watching? SmackDown?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think this all going to take time to settle, what is ROH, what is AEW and where it all fits in the end. There I’m sure will be a lot of talent to discuss things with and what to make of the company going forward.

This was def the end of company under Sinclair and I can totally understand what happened tonight especially with talent so fused into AEW. The next show will def be a better indicator of what’s to come of the company.

This was very much a show for all rather than a show for just ROH fans and in the end that’s what Sinclair tried to do and failed. ROH certainly hasn’t had traction in the wrestling world like this in a while so hopefully it all pays off.

When you break it down that, Gresham, FTR, Yuta, Martinez and Suzuki are the champions things really aren’t all that bad.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Captain_44 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:16 pm
kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 pm
Zayne impressed me a lot. I knew Swerve was good. But, Zayne looked good IMO.
Zayne is a guy who needs the right dance partner and when he finds him can put on quite a performance. He's isn't the type that can lead a match.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Logged back in to say

the WWECW era of ROH has begun.

They did the Briscoes, Zayne, Woods, Alize, and most of all poor Rhettski dirty.

Final Battle was the end. WWE sucks, AEW sucks, MLW sucks, Impact sucks, NJPW sucks, and Tony Khan's ROH sucks.

And to think in 2017-2018 we had a hot ROH product, a revived MLW, Lucha Underground, a recently rebooted Impact, a version of NXT wasn't complete shit, and an NJPW that was making big strides into the US. We essentially traded all of that in for AEW and whatever the hell NXT has turned into in response to it.

Every promotion that has any TV visibility at all in the US is the same shit right now. That's the reality of it. We traded a bunch of smaller but distinct promotions for WWE and Tony Khan presents WWE.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Khan pulled a McMahon. He bought the company and put over his guys while throwing away the Heart of ROH. And I don’t want to hear how no one was signed. He really couldn’t of signed maybe 1 or 2 champions? Woods was too much money? Thank god Deonna was at Impact, she should just throw the belt in the trash. Of course the Bucks have to show up and get one last beatdown of Briscoes and one last shot at ROH fans.

Tully group…randomly thrown together, same people who complained about VU formation, will say how this “works”.

FTR/Briscoes was amazing. Gresham/Bandido & Swerve/Sauce were really good. The rest was forgettable.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

FTR is absurdly overrated and the Briscoes' match with Taven and Bennett from Final Battle was way, way better.

Tully has added precisely nothing to any AEW show he's been on and the same rings true here.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think people are really forgetting some of the awful shit that happened in the past years in ROH and to say this show ripped that heart out of ROH is just wrong. If you are going to use a show for that use The G1 Supercard, that show and the last Rev Pro show I went too felt like the soul had been sucked out of each company.

There are some takes that have gone way overboard.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:12 pm I think people are really forgetting some of the awful shit that happened in the past years in ROH and to say this show ripped that heart out of ROH is just wrong. If you are going to use a show for that use The G1 Supercard, that show and the last Rev Pro show I went too felt like the soul had been sucked out of each company.

There are some takes that have gone way overboard.
The difference is ROH was still ROH then. Now they're just AEW's NXT.

I know a lot of (stupid) people say that ROH has always been developmental in a sense, because at various points WWE/TNA/AEW were always raiding them for talent.

But there's a very, very big difference between being your own promotion that gets some (but not all) of its top talent signed away versus existing for the explicit purpose of developing people for another (terrible) promotion.

G1 Supercard was a gut punch of a show, there's no defending it. But this? This is definitive. ROH will never again be ROH. There's no going back. The stink of AEW is on it forever now.

As bad as G1 Supercard was, it was at least close to 50/50 booking. NJPW came out looking too strong, but the ROH guys didn't get washed away entirely. On this card all the ROH talent got buried. The Briscoes, Rhett, Zayne, Alize, Willow, Burger and Isom, Woods.

ECW was never ECW again after 2001 and ROH will never be ROH again after 2021.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

And I'll take the worst year in ROH history over any year of AEW so far. And I mean that.

AEW is trash.