Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
indyfan

Re: Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

Post by indyfan »

Amazing news!!!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I assume we'll see a scramble and six man added. Only two belts not yet in a match are TV and Six Man.
Would like to see The Righteous vs. House of Black and Maybe Rhett Titus defending against multiple challengers.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i have a feeling the card is final like this
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

indyfan wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:43 am i have a feeling the card is final like this
Same. Card looks strong enough, hopefully a lot of new eyes on the promotion, don't need to throw everything and the kitchen sink at them. Throw in some interviews and a segment or two, really excited for this show. Manhattan Mayhem 2019 was probably one of the most enjoyable ppvs in recent years and only had 6 matches (iirc), show flowed so well.

Has a pre show been announced?
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I am totally fine with this being the final card (although I suspect there is a little more to add). One of my biggest issues with Sinclair/Delirious led ROH was that almost every PPV had far too many matches meaning nothing got enough time, and/or they screwed themselves with time management and gave a World Title PPV main event an utterly sh*tty time allowance. Cody/Suzuki and Taven/Cobb immediately spring to mind - but Gresham/Lethal at Final Battle ‘21 was originally scheduled to go longer, and there are multiple others.

This format should mean the matches get time to deliver. Cabana mentioned Manhattan Mayhem 2019. 17th Anniversary from the same year is another example of a rarer occasion where Delirious didn’t screw the show with too many matches and got a MUCH better product as a result.

(I still think a couple more matches will be added, for the pre-show if nothing else, but if nothing gets added I’d be totally fine with it!)

Glad Ian and Caprice are now confirmed as well. I thought they already were - but it’s nice that Tony/AEW have now confirmed it!
Montana

Post by Montana »

While i like the 6 matches on the card; and i agreed less or more; i still want to see a couple more matches. I'm sure this is one of those tough spots for Tony where he just bought the company, and going head to head with Rampage; and figuring out what ROH will be; and who will be in it. I assume he has at least one big surprise; but in my opinion; the card on paper; is alright; but could be better.

The matches all have a similar feel for the most part. You got have 3 technical matches between Gresham, Pure title, and Lethal vs. Moriarty. I'm fine with TK leans harder on this concept; just would have preferred a little more variety with the Super card. I'm guessing Briscoes/FTR will be a wild brawl, Swerve/Zayne more of a hybrid match, and the women's match are all unique feeling.

We'll see though. I thought Manhattan Mayhem 19, was one of the best shows of 2019; so maybe that works here. I just thought maybe we get a legends match, then maybe like a "future of honor" type of match added.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:34 pm
Shanahan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:41 pm
Reaper G wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:47 pm I'm glad the Pure title is back, it's something that helps ROH stand out from other promotions. But I'd rather see Woods vs. Rhett Titus in a title unification match.
TK wants ROH as a weekly TV series so keeping TV around makes sense.

Happy to see Woods and Pure title on the show. I hope Wheeler doesnt win it tho. Kind of nervous all these aew signed guys are taking the titles.
I have the same nervousness. My hope is that while guys like Yuta and Moriarty are signed to AEW that doesn't mean they are signed to Ring of Honor. Separate ownership, separate companies, separate contracts. I don't mind ROH being used for younger guys who for the ROH style or have history but let's keep talent exclusive. The only exception would be for a major crossover story and build to a specific match like Gresham and Bryan or Punk.
Definitely agree that they should keep the rosters/companies separate entities, but for the initial transition to the Kahn ROH, I think some cross over is fine, and honestly probably good. Yuta is the perfect example, he was in ROH and someone they should have locked up instead of letting him get signed elsewhere. He will shine brighter in ROH than AEW I'd imagine, so having him be highlighted shouldn't be a bad thing.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:41 am While i like the 6 matches on the card; and i agreed less or more; i still want to see a couple more matches. I'm sure this is one of those tough spots for Tony where he just bought the company, and going head to head with Rampage; and figuring out what ROH will be; and who will be in it. I assume he has at least one big surprise; but in my opinion; the card on paper; is alright; but could be better.

The matches all have a similar feel for the most part. You got have 3 technical matches between Gresham, Pure title, and Lethal vs. Moriarty. I'm fine with TK leans harder on this concept; just would have preferred a little more variety with the Super card. I'm guessing Briscoes/FTR will be a wild brawl, Swerve/Zayne more of a hybrid match, and the women's match are all unique feeling.

We'll see though. I thought Manhattan Mayhem 19, was one of the best shows of 2019; so maybe that works here. I just thought maybe we get a legends match, then maybe like a "future of honor" type of match added.
Sean Ross said he heard at least one surprise for the show but not enough for to actually make a report on it
KL_

Post by KL_ »

From PWInsider:
Greg Gilleland and Hunter "Delirious" Johnston are expected to be in attendance at tomorrow's Ring of Honor Supercard of Honor PPV, but Tony Khan and his team are slated to run the actual event, so a lot of AEW staff will be in attendance.

ROH Ambassador Cary Silkin is already in New Orleans and will be at Supercard of Honor as well.

There will be a free pre-show online at 7 PM EST followed by the official PPV start at 8 PM EST. There are still tickets available for the PPV at www.ROHTix.com.

As noted last night, Ian Riccaboni and Caprice Coleman will be calling the PPV. Amy Rose and Rich Lobenzo will be the Spanish announce team for the PPV.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's ninja mack vs Tully Blanchard new client tomorrow
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:56 am It's ninja mack vs Tully Blanchard new client tomorrow
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WOW

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Chavo Guerrero is Bandido new manager
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:56 am It's ninja mack vs Tully Blanchard new client tomorrow
I hope Tully's new client is Flamita. Flamita is way too talented to not be in ROH (or somewhere in America).
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Great for Rhett, hopefully his improvement in ring really shows here as he deserves that recognition.

I could see Tully’s guy being Brian Cage or as some have suggested Claudio, which would be amazing. I think we could see the match be a short one but it follows into a new match with Joe Hendry. The idea of Claudio and Hendry, to me sounds great.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

If I were guessing. I'd say Joe Hendry is Tully's new client.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I could see Brian Cage, Joe Hendry, or maybe even Claudio be Tully's guy.

I really like the 2 matches added, and think the card is in a good spot now. Rounds things out nicely.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Buff Busick would be cool to see as the Tully guy.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

All that's missing is a six man tag. Surprised we don't have one with that being an ROH WM weekend tradition
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

There will be a pre show with some familiar faces