Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Captain_44

Re: Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

Post by Captain_44 »

I think it's Joe too.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Josh woods vs yuta for the pure championship has been added to the show
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Excellent that the Pure title is being contested.
Now we need Shane Taylor Promotions back in the building.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I hope Woods is sticking around. He grew so much in the last 2 years and I'd like to see him have a platform to continue that ascension.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Montana wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:53 am Just some fantasy booking here... TK said this would be a transitional show.

Pure Title
Josh Woods vs. Lee Moriarty

Jay Lethal & Wheel Yuta vs. Chris Dickinson & Tony Deppen

I was close… I actually had Woods vs Yuta at first and Jay and Lee Moriarty teaming up… when then I was thinking Jay was in the foundation with Wheeler.

Hope we get some Deppen/Dickinson added at some point.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I'm glad the Pure title is back, it's something that helps ROH stand out from other promotions. But I'd rather see Woods vs. Rhett Titus in a title unification match.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Reaper G wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:47 pm I'm glad the Pure title is back, it's something that helps ROH stand out from other promotions. But I'd rather see Woods vs. Rhett Titus in a title unification match.
TK wants ROH as a weekly TV series so keeping TV around makes sense.

Happy to see Woods and Pure title on the show. I hope Wheeler doesnt win it tho. Kind of nervous all these aew signed guys are taking the titles.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Montana wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:11 pm
Montana wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:53 am Just some fantasy booking here... TK said this would be a transitional show.

Pure Title
Josh Woods vs. Lee Moriarty

Jay Lethal & Wheel Yuta vs. Chris Dickinson & Tony Deppen

I was close… I actually had Woods vs Yuta at first and Jay and Lee Moriarty teaming up… when then I was thinking Jay was in the foundation with Wheeler.

Hope we get some Deppen/Dickinson added at some point.
I'd like to see Daniel Garcia vs Tony Deppen.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:41 pm
Reaper G wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:47 pm I'm glad the Pure title is back, it's something that helps ROH stand out from other promotions. But I'd rather see Woods vs. Rhett Titus in a title unification match.
TK wants ROH as a weekly TV series so keeping TV around makes sense.

Happy to see Woods and Pure title on the show. I hope Wheeler doesnt win it tho. Kind of nervous all these aew signed guys are taking the titles.
I have the same nervousness. My hope is that while guys like Yuta and Moriarty are signed to AEW that doesn't mean they are signed to Ring of Honor. Separate ownership, separate companies, separate contracts. I don't mind ROH being used for younger guys who for the ROH style or have history but let's keep talent exclusive. The only exception would be for a major crossover story and build to a specific match like Gresham and Bryan or Punk.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hopefully Garcia can be added onto the event and then there will be the trifecta I have wanted ROH to put their time into most from the indies. I doubt Deppen will be involved same with Shane considering outspoken they’ve been recently. They just haven’t helped their cause, but that’s just my opinion.

The title changes I could see as most plausible would be the main event (Gresham), Tag Titles and Women title. Unless Khan just doesn’t feel Rhett has the factor he wants I imagine he’ll keep the title if he’s on the card.

The way Khan is talking I doubt very much there will be individual ROH contracts. He seems very strong on wording them as combo contracts. I think until ROH builds back up into a reliable drawing company it makes sense. You also have to think about the eyes ROH talent can now get through working in AEW events and hopefully that helps future ROH events in drawing power.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

What have Shane and deppen been doing?

Edit: Nevermind..it was Twitter spaces thing. Thought it was something new last few days.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Winner to Face Champion Deonna Purrazzo(Unavailable on Friday) at a Later Date.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

The next 60 hours should be interesting.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder if we get a marathon of match announcements today or tomorrow?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

or wait to the show to see some surprises.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i just watched a Joe Henry promo addressing Scorpio Skys promo from the other day. Joe says it really set a fire under him and he hopes Tony lets him show everyone hes the next big thing in the industry.

Has Tony dropped Joe, Ninja Mack and whos commentating?
Montana

Post by Montana »

I wonder if they'll plan for it to be like a 2.5 hour/ 3 hour show...given all the other events. So far so good, i'd just like to see a little more. Garcia would be cool; along with the key players from the 2021 ROH roster. Another good name; for a short stint in ROH, would be PAC. He's kind of been floating around AEW as a top guy, and can put on banger matches; but doesn't have much to show for it. Not much in the way of direction. I think a run with the ROH title would be kind of a win-win i feel like. Although it all depends on TK vision for ROH moving forward.

Looks like Tickets have moved pretty well, with TK purchasing the company from what i can tell on the seating chart. Looks like a few clusters of 30-40 seats; and a few seats here and there are left.

I don't think ROH would retweet Joe Hendry if he wasn't going to be on the show.... So i could see him on the main show in some fashion. Ninja Mack on the other hand, hasn't heard anything from Tony yet, so he may not be on the show. I'd just throw him in a pre-show scramble, but we'll see.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Completely on board with a completely polished product like PAC being the champ. He's got experience making the most out of carrying the deadweight 205 Live, and more importantly, as the top champ in DG. He's got the presence, the persona, and the workrate all in one.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

YESSSSSSSSS