Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ICHIFUJI

Re: Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

Post by ICHIFUJI »

If title moves FTR become ROH-AAA double champ?
ROH-CMLL link broke was not bad about this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:37 pm Maybe briscoes last roh match ever ??
I'm gonna predict that the Briscoes will be out of ROH for some time, and within a couple years, be brought back into the Jacksonville Dixie fold. My thinking is that certain things need to happen first (including, but not limited to, whoever is stonewalling them out eventually warming up to the idea of softening on them). As I've stated, I believe there's a perceived risk of bringing them in right now since the company is still trying to expand its revenue streams, including eventually having ROH land on WarnerMedia TV. Get all the revenue stream ducks in a row first, then I see the conversation taking place.

The best thing the Briscoes can do is just keep their heads down. If I was in the business, my #1 advice would be "if it sounds like something that would be said by Low Ki or Austin Aries, think before saying it" and "stay the fuck away from CYN."
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

On a different note, considering that this show is comparable to what WCW's Big Bang PPV would've been, would that be a better name for this event had it not been used a dozen years ago by ROH?
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

In terms of long-term business, it's best for AEW to build up the ROH Supercard of Honor event as their wrestlemania weekend event. That way AEW has a presence... without being present.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Will be interesting to see how the show fills out now, I would like to see changes made to the show just to create a sense of better booking. I think Swerve def can be placed in a better match. Same with Zayne really. I wonder if this show will be an indicator to ROH going forward or it will be (as rumoured) to close off everything that was before.

I think this week willl slowly see ROH become more situated within the AEW/Khan environment and that’s a really important step.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Just some fantasy booking here... TK said this would be a transitional show.

So far there's:

Bandido vs. Jonathan Gresham

The Briscoes vs. FTR

Alex Zayne vs Sweve Scott

I'd probably add these:

Daniel Garcia vs. Dragon Lee

Flip Gordon vs. Brian Cage

Pure Title
Josh Woods vs. Lee Moriarty

Jay Lethal & Wheel Yuta vs. Chris Dickinson & Tony Deppen

ROH 6 Man Titles
House of Black vs. STP vs. Righteous

(Optional throwback matches)
Young Bucks vs. Red Dragon

Bryan Danielson vs. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe

Women's Title
Deonna Purazzo vs. Penelope Ford

Pre-show

Alan Angels vs. Fuego vs. Griff Garrison vs. Kip Sabian vs. Lee Johnson vs. Eli Isom

Got tired of waiting to see what the card would look like... Limitless options with some of these matches. I think they'll do a mix of some past vs. present, or throwback matches; along with some new names to ROH; they'll plan to move to the brand. I assume more matches get announced this week.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Montana

Post by Montana »

Nice matchup... i'll take that.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Hell yeah!!!!
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

And it makes sense storyline wise since Lethal was one who did promo at DBD where he wished Lee was staying so they could wrestle & put him & others over as future of Pure Wrestling.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Great match and a similar sense of a match when Lethal had the Trilogy with Gresham, a passing of the mantle to a great new wrestler. I would def have Lee go over here. So happy Lee gets such a match on a PPV.

Will be good to really see this card fill out now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Fightful

"Killer Kross & Scarlett, who we're told were set for ROH Supercard but when the regime changed they'd not heard back. We're told to expect at least one person on the Supercard show to emerge as a signing with AEW/ROH."

"Delirious will no Longer be working with ROH after Supercard of Honor"
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:21 pm Fightful

"Killer Kross & Scarlett, who we're told were set for ROH Supercard but when the regime changed they'd not heard back. We're told to expect at least one person on the Supercard show to emerge as a signing with AEW/ROH."

"Delirious will no Longer be working with ROH after Supercard of Honor"
Thats pretty big news about Delirious.

ROH is going to be so different after this show. its exciting but sad too to see so many guys that i was a fan of( STP faction, Silas Young, Isom) not coming back.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Killer Kross would of been cool. Interesting to hear what the original plans for supercard and rest of shows would of been.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:49 pm Killer Kross would of been cool. Interesting to hear what the original plans for supercard and rest of shows would of been.
If Pure Rules matches are still a thing then I think Kross could have adapted well to those. The rules may have helped some of his limitations in the ring and I doubt anyone else in the division would have that kind of size.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Happy to see Killer Kross didn’t work out, there are better options out there that can really help define a new ROH, also similar mentality to Cage and Flip, ROH needs a clean slate on that front.

Delirious has more than had his chance and time, regardless of success or lack there of.

Also sounds like Khan will start to have duel ROH/AEW contracts which if you are going to have a heavy roster helps financially, similar to how WCW manage to work high salaries spread across there Turner media operations but will likely be able to turn more of profit rather than bring a way to avoid tax sanctions etc.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I wouldn’t have minded Kross as I never really followed him that much in Impact when he was there. A bit in NXT. I’m ok with going in another direction too. I think ROH needed a fresh roster, so it looks like it will get it.

I don’t like to see anyone (Delirious) lose their job. I get maybe him not being Booker, but seems like he would be good to have backstage.

I hope we do see guys like STP, Isom and Silas back in ROH even if on a per appearance deal. Guys like STP has impressed me more than most of the dark talent in the past few years. I’d take Isom’s potential over most young dark talent. But again, I think they can keep things fresh and still use some previous ROH names. Especially some guys like Flip, Dragon Lee, etc who fit right in with AEW’s style.

We’ll see what TK’s vision of ROH is. Don’t believe they’ve said if they plan on continuing the Philly tv tapings yet. May get more news tonight. Think Adam Cole and Jay Lethal is the main event.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Tony Khan says he has a “trick up his sleeve” for SCOH.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Any news on Josh Woods?
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:39 pm Tony Khan says he has a “trick up his sleeve” for SCOH.
I have a feeling its SamoaJoe