Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Supercard Of Honor 2022 - April 1st - Discussion

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:30 pm Lots of cool announcements tonight. Besides the names mentioned for Supercard I'm excited that the first tv taping is in Philadelphia. I hope guys like Zayne and Ninja Mack will be there.
Could just be me; but i get the sense that the "new" ROH will be working closely with GCW moving forward. Like GCW will still be the extreme promotion it is with IPPV's; but that same talent will get some TV attention and additional dates with ROH. Which could be a win-win for both companies.

I didn't get the sense that a majority of talent would be coming from Impact/AEW/MLW. Perhaps more one-off's. Time will tell though.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I kind of wish we just knew what ROH was going to be. The speculation is just wearing on me as a fan.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:49 pm
kovs27 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:30 pm Lots of cool announcements tonight. Besides the names mentioned for Supercard I'm excited that the first tv taping is in Philadelphia. I hope guys like Zayne and Ninja Mack will be there.
Could just be me; but i get the sense that the "new" ROH will be working closely with GCW moving forward. Like GCW will still be the extreme promotion it is with IPPV's; but that same talent will get some TV attention and additional dates with ROH. Which could be a win-win for both companies.

I didn't get the sense that a majority of talent would be coming from Impact/AEW/MLW. Perhaps more one-off's. Time will tell though.
GCW and ROH have been on good terms. GCW doesn't have wrestlers under contract (other than Nick Gage) so it's not like they could stop guys from working ROH and vice versa.
DougN wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:52 pm I kind of wish we just knew what ROH was going to be. The speculation is just wearing on me as a fan.
I feel the opposite. Not knowing what is next has me a bit excited. I like how they are announcing bits and pieces of information every couple of weeks. It makes it feel like a big deal when we finally learn something new.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:26 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:22 pm https://twitter.com/realBobbyCruise/sta ... SMmf9LIHig

Imagine disrespecting Bobby Cruise. SMH.
Deleted. What did it say?
Paraphrasing but

"I don't pray, I am going to bed tonight hoping the rumor that Tony Khan buys ROH is true"
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Letting information slowly dribble out won't help fill a 6800 seat building. The full card should have been announced already and they should have had talent doing promos be it via zoom or cell phone. A bunch of exhibition matches that mean nothing with talent that will be on other shows that weekend is not reimagining anything. If anything it's paying homage to the last 3 years of empty feeling stories with some faces we see everywhere else instead of just in ROH.

We will see what tomorrow brings...
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I would say if Ninja Mac is in a four way, scramble something of that ilk then his role is absolutely fine. I don’t like Zayne particularly but Swerve has improved loads so in the end hope it works out. Though with Zayne’s eye we could see something else there anyway. Really happy to see Hendry back is do close to breaking out before everything happened and put a huge amount of work in so deserves the rewards.

People seem to really forget what ROH was, and that was all about giving someone a chance, wether it was because of a little hype or a sure thing and it just needed to be confirmed. We talk about blown spots, ok, how many times did Izzy fuck up, or something stupid happen in a scramble or just in a match trying to innovate. I swear the glory of what ROH did as a company holds in peoples mind far more of what it was overall. It’s one of the many reasons why GCW is getting to where it’s going, it has a fan base that allows those moments to happen. There is a understanding that these moments should in time iron themselves out and that is all part of the journey, connection that is being built.

I think we can generally all agree that a sale of ROH to Khan is probably the best for all involved. I am far more into now as I think we are seeing more of what he wants from AEW than ever before and from I’ve seen and can tell it’s becoming a wrestling company that can work for everyone. Now wether that’s what he wants for ROH I don’t know, personally if a sale does happen he allows ROH to be more Terminus than Impact. The next coming weeks though could be interesting.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Who is planning to actually attend this show?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Brian Zane is working the event backstage as well.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I'm curious to know ticket sales for the show after the announcement on Wednesday
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:29 pm I'm curious to know ticket sales for the show after the announcement on Wednesday
They've doubled.
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I know a lot.of folks have been predicting Briscoes vs. FTR and with the events of Final Battle I'd say that's most likely The Briscoes mystery opponents but one team I thought of after Revolution is Danielson & Moxley.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm not sure where all this is going; but we are about 3 weeks away, and 2 matches scheduled with little to no build. Sounds like TK purchasing the company may not be complete until after April 1st. It seems like everything is up in the air. At first it sounded like the Briscoes would defend the tag titles; and someone mentioned they were officially signed for the show yet. Sounds like the women's title match is up in the air too. Both wrestling on the impact show a little bit earlier??

While i wouldn't expect them to just scrap the show; looks like they would either need AEW talent; or it's going to be quite a lackluster show.

Maybe if TK & AEW are going in a different direction; why bother with a poorly built/promoted card. What's in it for SBG to put on a big show at this point.

The ROH twitter is still pushing tickets, so seems like they are moving forward with it. Hope they have a plan.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Am i missing something. was there any doubt this match was still going on?

i have a feeling its going to be the hardys
Montana

Post by Montana »

indyfan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:24 pm

It was a rumor about a week ago; that while ROH was promoting the Briscoes tag title match, they weren't officially signed on for the show YET. Then it was announced that the Briscoes would be wrestling on the Impact show against the Good Bros Starting at 10pm. (ROH show starts at 8pm) Then the rumors that Warner Media doesn't want the Briscoes. BUT my guess is the Briscoes probably agree to the match a while back, without a contract / handshake deal before being signed on paper. ROH got bought out; then everything was up in the air for a little bit; which might be why the Briscoes agreed to work the Impact show as well.

But now that ROH is again officially promoting this match, i assume it's on. Although they might be dropping the belts, if TK doesn't plan on using them. (I wouldn't mind a short break for the Briscoe's, but i'd hate to see them banned)
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:06 pm
indyfan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:24 pm

It was a rumor about a week ago; that while ROH was promoting the Briscoes tag title match, they weren't officially signed on for the show YET. Then it was announced that the Briscoes would be wrestling on the Impact show against the Good Bros Starting at 10pm. (ROH show starts at 8pm) Then the rumors that Warner Media doesn't want the Briscoes. BUT my guess is the Briscoes probably agree to the match a while back, without a contract / handshake deal before being signed on paper. ROH got bought out; then everything was up in the air for a little bit; which might be why the Briscoes agreed to work the Impact show as well.

But now that ROH is again officially promoting this match, i assume it's on. Although they might be dropping the belts, if TK doesn't plan on using them. (I wouldn't mind a short break for the Briscoe's, but i'd hate to see them banned)
Ahh ok perfect. Thanks for the explanation.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Tony khan just announced the briscoes vs for
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Maybe briscoes last roh match ever ??