Final Battle - End of an Era Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Final Battle - End of an Era Thread

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:50 am
Montana wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:47 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 pm

Our group is going to Jimmy's Famous Seafood before the show. Of all the times I've been to Baltimore I've never went there.
Nice... bet those crab cakes are good there.
I will report back on the crabcakes
Nice!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:16 am We should know if there a future for roh tonight
Based on what folks are saying… they’ll still working towards the April return. No word on selling I’ve heard.

Little fantasy booking here. If that’s truly the plan. Let’s say Gresham wins the ROH and the “franchise” title from lethal… show is getting ready to go off the air, and Danielson comes out and challenges Gresham for the title at Supercard of honor…. That would jumpstart the relaunch Id say, and not completely out of the question as ROH is going without contracts… if they are on semi-decent terms with AEW. TV may interfere with ROH using impact/AEW talent.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Roh sent a tweet asking "who will be the last roh world tag team champions?"....so I think we have our answer.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Sapp reporting to expect appearances by Deonna Purazzo, Wesley Blake (?) and EC3 tonight
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:43 pm Roh sent a tweet asking "who will be the last roh world tag team champions?"....so I think we have our answer.
I don’t think anyone expects this to be a real promotion in 5 months. Maybe just some thrown together shows, at best. Their only shot is if the shows are full of AEW talent. AEW would be better off, just running it under their banner. ROH will be unable to stand on its own.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:24 am
kovs27 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:50 am
Montana wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:47 am

Nice... bet those crab cakes are good there.
I will report back on the crabcakes
Nice!
Delicious but market price so be careful
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Im enjoying show!!! Matches have been good. the alumni talking was a great addition.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

So my brother is texting me about the show (i'm at a corporate xmas party in NYC) and every 15 mins he texts "its the end" ..."wait..they setting up future matches"..."last champs here, sad"..."ok wait...______ showed up & they ran an angle..i'm confused". lmaoooo
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Show was outstanding, all the big matches delivered. Tag match was probably my favorite (felt like an '06 Briscoes match), but main event and FWOH were awesome too. The big nearfalls for Johnson in the Pure Title match were brilliant too. Both he and Woods really delivered and the match had a big fight feel to it.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

That show kicked all kinds of ass. What a ride. im super excited for April.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:38 pm So my brother is texting me about the show (i'm at a corporate xmas party in NYC) and every 15 mins he texts "its the end" ..."wait..they setting up future matches"..."last champs here, sad"..."ok wait...______ showed up & they ran an angle..i'm confused". lmaoooo
The Men's, Women's, and Tag Team belts have been set up to be defended on other promotions. TV and Pure title??? There are angles (based on guest appearances) that can be carried on to other promotions. And some of this things may appear at Supercard ... if there's a Supercard. If not, who knows where the narrative will appear? On another promotion?

I'm being vague so as not to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't watched Final Battle. But plenty of cliffhangers as Ring Of Honor goes on hiatus.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Montana

Post by Montana »

ROH closed out the year with a bang. All the matches had something different, and the perfect blend for me. One of my favorite PPV’s and lots of surprises. Action packed 4 hours. Showed just how truly talented the locker room is.

Think my only disappointment was like Joe Koff didn’t show up, (or use Cary Silken) to thank the fans, and give a little more insight on what’s going on. Maybe they did something off the air. Either way, thought it was kinda odd Joe wasn’t there. I think thanking the fans in person is kind of a bare minimum type of thing, and we didn’t get that.

Odd none of the folks in the video packages were there in person, but I assume logistics/cost/timing etc. like they couldn’t spring to have a guest referee or commentator.

The package at the end was a good send off. Like others, still more questions than answers on the future. Will it be called something new and Keep the ROH belts?? I assume they start announcing stuff in FEB at the latest… so they probably have a decent idea, by now I assume.

I’ll give more thoughts tomorrow, but gotta think Briscoes / OGK was match of the night. Shane Taylor and Kenny King was brutal. The 10 man tag was surprisingly super fun. Again, really like how ROH offers something different with all their matches.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Love forever roh, See You soon.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Im still confused on roh future
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:58 pm Im still confused on roh future
That's a good thing. Wrestling should keep you guessing. Can't wait to watch this on monday.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Joe Koff was there and did address the live crowd. I also assume Gresham’s slight heeling of the company at the very end wasn’t aired also from what reports on the show I e seen?

It did feel often like they were running a goodbye show and other times like they’ll be back. I guess time will tell.

As someone who was at the first show and this one, it’s been a wild ride.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:10 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:58 pm Im still confused on roh future
That's a good thing. Wrestling should keep you guessing. Can't wait to watch this on monday.
It absolutely should however this is not a topic to play the guessing game on.

I thought tonight has highs and some embarrassing lows. There were moments I cried tears of joy and others where I tossed my phone across the room. Ian was sensational. But god damn the only person in pro wrestling with less fun attached to him than Randy Orton and Braun Stroman is EC3. What an absolute mess.
Captain Podcast