Final Battle - End of an Era Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: Final Battle - End of an Era Thread

Post by kovs27 »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:23 am Getting nostalgic from reading the arguments for the old board. The fighting makes it feel like the good old days again 😀

Everyone take a breath, smile, laugh, cry, or do whatever you need to do. We're gonna have a good time tomorrow night and I hope you join us.
Heading down to Baltimore tomorrow, have a group of friends joining from New York and Pennsylvania. Hopefully it's not our last trip to Baltimore to see ROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Lethal vs Gresham ...the best they can do with this situation, kudos to aew to let lethal show at final battle...lethal is roh

roh world tittle situation to be adress in hour one, hummmm
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:22 am Gresham vs. Lethal. 'Nuff said.
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/jay-l ... an-gresham
Called it ;)
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:26 am How about they hold off on the title match and tape it before or after the Terminus debut show and air it on ROH Youtube.

FB new main event would be OGK vs Briscoes. Then do Gresham/Titus vs Tracy/Rust Pure Rules Tag.
I'll piggyback off your idea and say let Gresham defend the belt (if he is even winning it still) at the Terminus shows leading up to the April return (again, if there is one).
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Can’t believe it’s not Rhett Titus! Travesty!
Montana

Post by Montana »

In his weekly interview on Busted Open Radio, AEW president Tony Khan discussed a variety of topics, including his thoughts on ROH Final Battle on Saturday and his plans to support the show.

When asked about the end of an era for ROH, Khan noted that he wishes the company the best while mentioning he would be doing some things to help the event (via Fightful):

“I do want to wish those folks with Ring Of Honor the best. I’ll be doing some things to support them in this last show to make it a good show for them. I love pro wrestling and I love helping pro wrestling fans, and even the other companies sometimes. But yeah, over the weekend, I am gonna lend some support to them and try and help them out because it’s the right thing to do.”

ROH Final Battle will take place at the Chesapeake Employers Insurance Arena in Baltimore, Maryland and stream live on FITE TV.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow; kind of surprised... hopefully we get a few legend appearances as well.

As For Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham battling over the title of being the franchise/foundation will be a fitting finale. Lethal can go complete heel; pre-match saying he bolted to greener pastures.

Personally i would have probably used someone on the roster; but at least it's a very logical match without scrambling everything up.

TK did say he's doing "Things" meaning more than one. So maybe Danielson/Danielson? CM Punk? Bucks? I doubt half of AEW is coming in; but would be cool to see a few.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Lethal situation is interesting in that he is wrestling at Gresham's Terminus event on the 16th of January 2022.
I believe Bandido will be there as well.
Interesting way to keep the ROH World Championship active during the hiatus.

I reposted this in Random Thoughts thread.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I feel like Lethal is probably the extent of TK helping although it wouldn't shock me if Cole or Daniels wants to do something. Don't think anyone else in AEW cares about ROH enough to bother. It'd be like an elementary school reunion for Punk or Danielson and it was always just a check for the Elite.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I don't mean to read too much into it but ROH did release a video on Youtube highlighting the Young Bucks last Final Battle appearance.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

This was a real emotional rollercoaster since yesterday. now im fuckin hyped.
Montana

Post by Montana »

You guys doing any pre-game for the final battle show?? Watching any classic Roh shows/matches?? Getting any special food for the event?
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Very cool of TK; really a show-saving move. I'll hope for addn. surprises, but the card as-is is quite solid.

If you needed any more reasons to root for Gresham, check out the last two questions here:
www.tvinsider.com/1024724/ring-of-honor ... n-gresham/

It would be wrestling's loss if Gresham stepped away, but it would tough to see him misused elsewhere (major companies anway; he's awesome in PWG).
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:43 pm You guys doing any pre-game for the final battle show?? Watching any classic Roh shows/matches?? Getting any special food for the event?
Our group is going to Jimmy's Famous Seafood before the show. Of all the times I've been to Baltimore I've never went there.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Looks like AEW could be sending more than Lethal and Impact is sending talent too (Eddie Edwards I’d guess?) per SRS. Promotions coming together to make this a special event is good to see.

Other Companies Sending Talent To ROH Final Battle
ROH's Final Battle is Saturday night, and ROH is getting some reinforcements coming into the company.

In addition to AEW sending Jay Lethal to main event against Jonathan Gresham, one AEW source indicated they believed AEW was sending "multiple people," though that has not yet been confirmed. However, Fightful did learn that IMPACT Wrestling was allowing at least one significant talent from their roster, signed to a full-time deal, appear this weekend, as well. We'll work to find out more details ahead of the show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

awesome!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Maybe Hangman and Moose? Both AEW and Impact world champs; whom cut their teeth in ROH?
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 pm
Montana wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:43 pm You guys doing any pre-game for the final battle show?? Watching any classic Roh shows/matches?? Getting any special food for the event?
Our group is going to Jimmy's Famous Seafood before the show. Of all the times I've been to Baltimore I've never went there.
Nice... bet those crab cakes are good there.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

We should know if there a future for roh tonight
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:47 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 pm
Nice... bet those crab cakes are good there.
I will report back on the crabcakes