Final Battle - End of an Era Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
indyfan

Re: Final Battle - End of an Era Thread

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:35 am
indyfan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:12 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:03 am

This honestly would be funny if it wasn’t dripping with jealousy. What a mark.
With all due respect, outside of your word, theres no proof you re connected in the wrestling business. I mean you cant expect everyone to simply beleive you.

On another board.... people thinking if Danielson vs Gresham happens, it should be Danielson winning. What are your thoughts.

Yeah except the podcasts mentioning my name, the wrestlers mentioning me in columns on website like pwinsider or the fact there’s literally the best owner in ROH history using my name on his show as a reference point. But you can only speak to the brainless so much.

Nobody under an Aew contract is coming. If Joe Koff wasn’t such a scumbag it would certainly be possible because TK is a huge fan of ROH. But ya know if I was him I wouldn’t send anyone. When the show is over it will be sad either way. What could have been if Joe Koff & his minions didn’t let ego in the way….
i dont doubt that. But if it did happen, would you think Danielson winning would be the right call?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:16 pm

Yeah, I gathered you didn’t work in booking when you though Gresham vs. Rhett Titus as the main event of Final Battle was a good idea solely based on Rhett being loyal and it’s be a good match (which Gresham can get out of literally anyone on the roster).

I’m sure you’re “in the ear” of wrestlers not unlike earwax-sticky and somewhat annoying if not cleaned out regularly.

Great, you’re a “historian” which means you bring nothing to the table that someone with a large collection of ROH DVDs or an Honor Club membership and lots of time on their hands couldn’t. Take a bow chief while you’re on that pedestal you put yourself on 8-) .

None of that makes Titus the choice over the myriad of other options both in or out of the company.
With all due respect, outside of your word, theres no proof you re connected in the wrestling business. I mean you cant expect everyone to simply beleive you.

On another board.... people thinking if Danielson vs Gresham happens, it should be Danielson winning. What are your thoughts.
What board are you speaking of? Is it a ROH specific one or a general one?
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am

General wrestling one
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

indyfan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:46 am

General wrestling one
What’s the address?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

indyfan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:35 am

Yeah except the podcasts mentioning my name, the wrestlers mentioning me in columns on website like pwinsider or the fact there’s literally the best owner in ROH history using my name on his show as a reference point. But you can only speak to the brainless so much.

Nobody under an Aew contract is coming. If Joe Koff wasn’t such a scumbag it would certainly be possible because TK is a huge fan of ROH. But ya know if I was him I wouldn’t send anyone. When the show is over it will be sad either way. What could have been if Joe Koff & his minions didn’t let ego in the way….
i dont doubt that. But if it did happen, would you think Danielson winning would be the right call?
Absolutely not.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:54 am
indyfan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:46 am

General wrestling one
What’s the address?
wrestlingclique
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:12 am
tigermask7.0 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:47 am Shame they just did Gresham vs. Dragon Lee. That may have worked as an interim title match.

Possibly do Gresham vs. Dragon Lee vs. Brody King (Interim World Championship?)
Deppen & Homicide vs. Hot Sauce & Rust (Violence vs. Pure)
Isom vs. Rey Horus
Gresham just beat both those guys to get to this match with Bandido. It's a shame Rush isn't available because that's really the match Gresham should have to win the belt.

I'd put Rhett on the team with Hot Sauce to take on Brody and Homicide. That'll free up Deppen to take on Dragon Lee. Those two need a round three with Deppen going over to finish their story.
Where to place Isom, Rey horus, and Rust Taylor in the shuffle?
Isom in TV title match & Rey vs. Rust? Or some variation?

Trying to stay in confines of who is realistically available in the next 24 hours & the number of matches booked. 🤔
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

:D
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:31 pm

I don't work in booking but I am in the ear of several tv wrestlers at their request on suggesting lines and local crowd notes from notebooks I'd take traveling for ROH dating back to 2004. I guess Cary Silkin referring to me as an ROH Historian doesn't count either, my bad.
Yeah, I gathered you didn’t work in booking when you though Gresham vs. Rhett Titus as the main event of Final Battle was a good idea solely based on Rhett being loyal and it’s be a good match (which Gresham can get out of literally anyone on the roster).

I’m sure you’re “in the ear” of wrestlers not unlike earwax-sticky and somewhat annoying if not cleaned out regularly.

:D Great, you’re a “historian” which means you bring nothing to the table that someone with a large collection of ROH DVDs or an Honor Club membership and lots of time on their hands couldn’t. Take a bow chief while you’re on that pedestal you put yourself on 8-) .

None of that makes Titus the choice over the myriad of other options both in or out of the company.

Jealousy of a guy whose claim to fame is a cute podcast and a shoutout from Cary. Who’s the mark for who now?

Moving on to things that are actually relevant, Tony Khan says he will provide some support to Final Battle so that’s good.

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/stat ... 12098?s=20
AnHonorableMention

TK is going to be doing some stuff I guess. Not sure I agree with that but it goes a long way to what ultimately will happen.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Wrestlingisback wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:40 am :D

:D Great, you’re a “historian” which means you bring nothing to the table that someone with a large collection of ROH DVDs or an Honor Club membership and lots of time on their hands couldn’t. Take a bow chief while you’re on that pedestal you put yourself on 8-) .

Jealousy of a guy whose claim to fame is a cute podcast and a shoutout from Cary. Who’s the mark for who now?

Moving on to things that are actually relevant, Tony Khan says he will provide some support to Final Battle so that’s good.

Our podcast is v cute thanks darling. As for Cary, that’s a guy I’d take a bullet for because of what he’s done for me. I’ve explained those things over at patreon.com/anhonorablepod in the $3 tier. Give it a listen, you might actually be able to learn something.
Captain Podcast
Wrestlingisback

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:44 am

Our podcast is v cute thanks darling. As for Cary, that’s a guy I’d take a bullet for because of what he’s done for me. I’ve explained those things over at patreon.com/anhonorablepod in the $3 tier. Give it a listen, you might actually be able to learn something.
No thanks, there are actually people in the business who I would give my money too if I was so inclined.

When I want to learn how not to be relevant in the business while trying to prop myself up as more on a message board, I’ll drop you $3 as a charitable donation. I promise 8-) .

Now as much as you’d like this, or probably anything in life for that matter, to be about you. The title of thread is Final Battle and relevant news just dropped.

So for the crowd, any thoughts on what TK might give.

Punk or Danielson promo? Maybe a quick squash or run in? Danielson/Gresham is the dream but got to figure no chance
AnHonorableMention

Wrestlingisback wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:53 am

No thanks, there are actually people in the business who I would give my money too if I was so inclined.

When I want to learn how not to be relevant in the business while trying to prop myself up as more on a message board, I’ll drop you $3 as a charitable donation. I promise 8-) .

Now as much as you’d like this, or probably anything in life for that matter, to be about you. The title of thread is Final Battle and relevant news just dropped.

Punk or Danielson promo? Maybe a quick squash or run in? Danielson/Gresham is the dream but got to figure no chance

If you were on fire I don’t think I’d piss on you to put you out but if you’re gonna be condescending and a prick I’m gonna stand up for myself and a podcast 191 episodes deep and another 40 or so in the patreon. So no you don’t get to talk final battle because you don’t deserve to. Any time you respond to this thread from here on out you’re gonna get me. There’s your relevant news.
Captain Podcast
Wrestlingisback

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:58 am

If you were on fire I don’t think I’d piss on you to put you out but if you’re gonna be condescending and a prick I’m gonna stand up for myself and a podcast 191 episodes deep and another 40 or so in the patreon. So no you don’t get to talk final battle because you don’t deserve to. Any time you respond to this thread from here on out you’re gonna get me. There’s your relevant news.
Lol, quite the temper tantrum kiddo. Well, you do you and cry and clutch to your podcast like it’s your security blanket (might actually be) and actually think you get to decide who talks about what. This will be the last response you get from me. 191 episodes and 40 or so more on Patreon and still the textbook definition of “non-factor”. Well done!

Anyway, looking forward to tonight’s show and the added layer of mystery Khan brings to it
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Getting nostalgic from reading the arguments for the old board. The fighting makes it feel like the good old days again 😀

Everyone take a breath, smile, laugh, cry, or do whatever you need to do. We're gonna have a good time tomorrow night and I hope you join us.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

How about they hold off on the title match and tape it before or after the Terminus debut show and air it on ROH Youtube.

FB new main event would be OGK vs Briscoes. Then do Gresham/Titus vs Tracy/Rust Pure Rules Tag.
Wrestlingisback

IanRiccaboni wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:23 am Getting nostalgic from reading the arguments for the old board. The fighting makes it feel like the good old days again 😀

Everyone take a breath, smile, laugh, cry, or do whatever you need to do. We're gonna have a good time tomorrow night and I hope you join us.
Looking forward to it and whatever comes after
AnHonorableMention

Wrestlingisback wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:12 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:58 am

Lol, quite the temper tantrum kiddo. Well, you do you and cry and clutch to your podcast like it’s your security blanket (might actually be) and actually think you get to decide who talks about what. This will be the last response you get from me. 191 episodes and 40 or so more on Patreon and still the textbook definition of “non-factor”. Well done!

Anyway, looking forward to tonight’s show and the added layer of mystery Khan brings to it
The show is tomorrow homie. Get it together, and for the record my security blanket is my 401k, and chain of investments because I’m an adult.

And yeah to hit Ian’s point there’s a lot of anger because this entire circumstance was preventable with better planning and infrastructure, not to mention leadership. So I’m pretty pissed, it’s come to this and some mutant behind a keyboard doesn’t want to respect those putting respect on the past of ROH in which people like Cary gave up so much for.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:26 am How about they hold off on the title match and tape it before or after the Terminus debut show and air it on ROH Youtube.
I hope this really takes off.
Captain Podcast
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:10 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:12 am
tigermask7.0 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:47 am Shame they just did Gresham vs. Dragon Lee. That may have worked as an interim title match.

Possibly do Gresham vs. Dragon Lee vs. Brody King (Interim World Championship?)
Deppen & Homicide vs. Hot Sauce & Rust (Violence vs. Pure)
Isom vs. Rey Horus
Gresham just beat both those guys to get to this match with Bandido. It's a shame Rush isn't available because that's really the match Gresham should have to win the belt.

I'd put Rhett on the team with Hot Sauce to take on Brody and Homicide. That'll free up Deppen to take on Dragon Lee. Those two need a round three with Deppen going over to finish their story.
Where to place Isom, Rey horus, and Rust Taylor in the shuffle?
Isom in TV title match & Rey vs. Rust? Or some variation?

Trying to stay in confines of who is realistically available in the next 24 hours & the number of matches booked. 🤔
Without sitting down and trying to rebook everything (thank goodness that isn't my job) I'd put Isom, Draper and Brian Johnson in a 3 way. Isom and Draper have issues from the Dalton Castle stuff earlier this year and everyone hate Brian Johnson so it could for Draper and Isom to work together at points against him. I'd replace Johnson in the Pure Rule title match with Rust just because it would be a far better match. Horus could face Silas as that was a story they were trying to tell for down the road. TV Title would be Dalton and Hendry 1 on 1. Both characters have gone in different directions since they were a tag and it would be easy to quickly create some jealousy.

Obviously Rush isn't coming in to wrestle Gresham, so if I'm taking anyone from outside ROH to fill the spot I'd pick Adam Cole. The only 3 time champ and besides Jay Lethal the standard bearer of the Sinclair Era. ( Just saw Lethal is coming back to fill the spot, that works).