Final Battle card Predictions

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Final Battle card Predictions

Post by monster mafia »

i want brody vs dragon lee...fuck logic.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:12 am
Montana wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:25 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:02 am Mecca vs woods announced
Might just be me, but I feel like Josh Woods is for sure winning right? I like the Mecca, but not sure id put the pure title on him.
ROH is putting titles on guys they know will be available to them in april. Johnson is 100% winning. Woods will be going to WWE or AEW.
If Woods is leaving that for sure makes sense… but I haven’t seen Woods rumored to AEW or WWE. Does woods even fit what WWE is looking for now? How many more guys will TK sign… I think there at least a couple ahead of Woods.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very high of woods, and he’s got future ROH champ, written on him (if RoH returns and woods is around). I’m just not sure AEW/WWE see’s the same value in him as the ROH Faithful.
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:49 pm i want brody vs dragon lee...fuck logic.
Same here…

I actually makes sense with their Violence Unlimted and LFI feud. Instead of Brody getting his revenge on Rush, he takes it out on his younger brother. Then this could close up that storyline.

I’m guessing since neither have signed anywhere yet as far as I’m aware of, it doesn’t seem that far fetched at this point.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Trying to make sense of Brody/Lee/Flip vs STP match...the only thing I've got is that they really are planning on coming back in April, otherwise why bury outgoing talent instead of using them to their best potential...?...So maybe that's a positive?
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

EvanKnight wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 am Trying to make sense of Brody/Lee/Flip vs STP match...the only thing I've got is that they really are planning on coming back in April, otherwise why bury outgoing talent instead of using them to their best potential...?...So maybe that's a positive?
If you were to choose 3 guys likely to definitely not be back in April, Brody, Dragon Lee and Flip would be at the top of the list.

If you were to pick 3 that most likely will be (especially after Shane and O’Shay’s less than subtle Twitter digs at AEW) back, it’s likely STP.

That’s why it makes sense
Montana

Post by Montana »

EvanKnight wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 am Trying to make sense of Brody/Lee/Flip vs STP match...the only thing I've got is that they really are planning on coming back in April, otherwise why bury outgoing talent instead of using them to their best potential...?...So maybe that's a positive?
This official?? I don’t see it anywhere yet.

If so, putting Brody and Dragon Lee on the same team is beyond dumb. If anything just do PCO/Flip/Brody, although PCO contract may have already ended. Either way, just pay up so you don’t have two guys who have been feuding all year on the same trios team.
Wrestlingisback

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 am

If so, putting Brody and Dragon Lee on the same team is beyond dumb. If anything just do PCO/Flip/Brody, although PCO contract may have already ended. Either way, just pay up so you don’t have two guys who have been feuding all year on the same trios team.
PWInsider reported it.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/15335 ... v.html?p=1
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:32 am

PWInsider reported it.

Thanks… wow. Poor Ian and Caprice trying to explain that one. Looks like they tried to just get all their biggest stars on the show. Maybe they lose, and we get an impromptu 3 way match with Brody vs Lee vs flip.

See Dalton Castle vs Rey Horus too. That was kind of surprising. I was expecting Dax or Eli Isom as the challenger.

Where’s Tony Deppen?!?

ROH’s long term strategy is confusing. I could see why you’d want the guys staying in ROH to win, but like… if you keeping a majority of your B-level talent, giving up your “A” talent, how do you expect to get buzz, and revive/relaunch the brand. You also don’t need 17 titles if going to be a super Indy. I guess this is probably the tip of the iceberg.
Wrestlingisback

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:43 am
Wrestlingisback wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:32 am

PWInsider reported it.

Thanks… wow. Poor Ian and Caprice trying to explain that one. Looks like they tried to just get all their biggest stars on the show. Maybe they lose, and we get an impromptu 3 way match with Brody vs Lee vs flip.

See Dalton Castle vs Rey Horus too. That was kind of surprising. I was expecting Dax or Eli Isom as the challenger.

Where’s Tony Deppen?!?

ROH’s long term strategy is confusing. I could see why you’d want the guys staying in ROH to win, but like… if you keeping a majority of your B-level talent, giving up your “A” talent, how do you expect to get buzz, and revive/relaunch the brand. You also don’t need 17 titles if going to be a super Indy. I guess this is probably the tip of the iceberg.
Doubt it’s their choice. They can’t keep the A talent if it wants out and I think they know who has the clear shot to AEW as soon as 2022 hits.

Brody has already gotten his support from Malaki Black (probably destined for his stable) and Punk.
Dragon Lee likely joins Rush with Andrade
Flip has his fans amongst the Elite guys.
Briscoes probably come dow to if Khan makes them a good offer.
Like you said, Rey Horus is interesting. He could go either way.
Kenny King has thrown a few loves toward Impact and the X division lately.

If you know those guys have one foot out the door, let them put over the guys likely to stay on the way out.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:22 am
If you were to choose 3 guys likely to definitely not be back in April, Brody, Dragon Lee and Flip would be at the top of the list.

If you were to pick 3 that most likely will be (especially after Shane and O’Shay’s less than subtle Twitter digs at AEW) back, it’s likely STP.

I get that, but if your goal is to put on the best show possible, or convince talent that ROH is the place to be, it makes no sense. It also makes less than zero sense in the world of ROH.

If they need the six man title defended, doing something like the Foundation (Rhett/Hot Sauce/Joe Keys(?)) vs STP would make more sense in the world of ROH and also follow along with the other title matches and have a bit of possibilities in the outcome. No one will be invested in the match as is, so STP won't get anything out of the win. Just have Brody/Lee/Flip in a 3-way that way if any of them don't make it the show isn't impacted and no potential ROH in April talent is involved. With Shane in a match. I would have assumed they just let SOS have a tag match, maybe a 4-way with SOS, Foundation, Righteous, Flip & Dr. Black.

It's just frustrating because these match announcements make me less interested in Final Battle...
Wrestlingisback

EvanKnight wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:00 am

I get that, but if your goal is to put on the best show possible, or convince talent that ROH is the place to be, it makes no sense. It also makes less than zero sense in the world of ROH.

If they need the six man title defended, doing something like the Foundation (Rhett/Hot Sauce/Joe Keys(?)) vs STP would make more sense in the world of ROH and also follow along with the other title matches and have a bit of possibilities in the outcome. No one will be invested in the match as is, so STP won't get anything out of the win. Just have Brody/Lee/Flip in a 3-way that way if any of them don't make it the show isn't impacted and no potential ROH in April talent is involved. With Shane in a match. I would have assumed they just let SOS have a tag match, maybe a 4-way with SOS, Foundation, Righteous, Flip & Dr. Black.

It's just frustrating because these match announcements make me less interested in Final Battle...
I think if the goal is the best show possible, you’re better off with those three talents over the Foundation threesome regardless of story logic (and let’s face it, the stories and programs are over. This might as well be the start of the SuperIndy/PWG with TV era more than it is the End of an Era). Put on the best matches with the best talent, put the belts on the right people as the company goes dark. Put them over the best of the talent that’s bailing and end on a high note with Gresham.

Whatever happens from here, it happens
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:18 am
EvanKnight wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:00 am
I think if the goal is the best show possible, you’re better off with those three talents over the Foundation threesome regardless of story logic (and let’s face it, the stories and programs are over. This might as well be the start of the SuperIndy/PWG with TV era more than it is the End of an Era). Put on the best matches with the best talent, put the belts on the right people as the company goes dark. Put them over the best of the talent that’s bailing and end on a high note with Gresham.

Whatever happens from here, it happens
I’d disagree because those 3 can put on a better match and they are being held back from putting on their best match possible. Their is a cap on how good the SOS/O’Shay match can be (with all so respect from someone who believes Kaun can be a major player down the road) and I think the Foundation can hit that max level the match will be, besides a match with a 100% forgone conclusion ending is always less interesting, in my opinion.

The match feels like a petty burial, more than just “doing the honors” on the way out.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 am ROH’s long term strategy is confusing. I could see why you’d want the guys staying in ROH to win, but like… if you keeping a majority of your B-level talent, giving up your “A” talent, how do you expect to get buzz, and revive/relaunch the brand. You also don’t need 17 titles if going to be a super Indy. I guess this is probably the tip of the iceberg.
Yep, the wrong guys going over and being emphasized is concerning. Bracing for "expect the unexpected" being Vincent taking the title at FB in some kind of convoluted MitB finish (half joking).

There's no way to build a company around guys who aren't good enough to make it elsewhere. There will always be talent out there due to WWE constantly turning their roster over, plus folks like Alex Shelley and the Briscoes who aren't likely to head to a major company. That's where the focus should be. Results of Final Battle will be very telling about what the future holds and if we're looking at Sledge as a centerpiece of the company, this reboot will be dead before it even happens.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 am If so, putting Brody and Dragon Lee on the same team is beyond dumb. If anything just do PCO/Flip/Brody, although PCO contract may have already ended. Either way, just pay up so you don’t have two guys who have been feuding all year on the same trios team.
100% Also, PCO/Flip/Brody allows you to put Dragon Lee in a singles match where he puts someone like Isom or Deppen over. I don't understand how someone who's paid to book these shows uses ideas that make less sense than what fans come up with off the top of their head.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

My guess would be that Lethal is not a unique case and some other talent have deals worked out with other companies as well, they just haven't been announced yet.

That is obviously me being optimistic, for all we know RoH office actually thinks that this is a good card.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wavelet Transform wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:32 pm
Montana wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 am If so, putting Brody and Dragon Lee on the same team is beyond dumb. If anything just do PCO/Flip/Brody, although PCO contract may have already ended. Either way, just pay up so you don’t have two guys who have been feuding all year on the same trios team.
100% Also, PCO/Flip/Brody allows you to put Dragon Lee in a singles match where he puts someone like Isom or Deppen over. I don't understand how someone who's paid to book these shows uses ideas that make less sense than what fans come up with off the top of their head.
Yeah, I can’t find any logic in it, besides let’s beat some of our bigger names before they leave, which still doesn’t make sense. I’m sure there are a dozen better options if we actually give it some thought.

To be fair, ROH hasn’t announced it yet… but seems very much like something they could do… given the constraints. The need of having all titles on the show.

Yeah, have Dragon Lee vs Tony Deppen rematch from last year.

Moving forward if they do relaunch, you don’t need 6 titles, so who cares if one of your champions goes to another company? The company just released everyone, so if they wanted to keep select folks to have titles, they probably shouldn’t have released everyone from their contract.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

weird card...
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I would love for Dragon Lee vs Tony Deppen round 3.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Montana wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:08 am
Wavelet Transform wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:32 pm

To be fair, ROH hasn’t announced it yet… but seems very much like something they could do… given the constraints. The need of having all titles on the show.
Ok, looks like that PWI article was off. On ROH week by week they announced it would be SOS and OShea Edwards vs Righteous for the Trios belt.

So we could still get some combination of Brody, Dragon Lee, Flip Gordon, Tony Deppen.

I assume the Foundation will be on the show as well… Titus & Williams.

I wonder who EC3 will face at Final Battle. He just beat Lethal, facing Flamita on the road to final battle.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ok ...that tríos match makes more sense.