Final Battle card Predictions

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Final Battle card Predictions

Post by Montana »

Any Final Battle - “end of an era” card predictions??

What do you want to see? Will ROH go out with a bang? Leave with a cliff hanger? What do you think?
McXal
Donator
Donator

Re: Final Battle card Predictions

Post by McXal »

For me the Briscoes HAVE to be in the main event. They deserve nothing less. If this is the last event - Jay Briscoe (and Mark) should be closing the show. They got shafted into a nobody cares four-way (and the BS with Enzo and Big Cass) at MSG - no matter what Final Battle should be their night. I don’t know who they face, I don’t know how you book it to get there - but the Briscoes need to be in that spot.

I’d also like to see Bandido vs Gresham for the World Title and have Gresh win. Gresham has been the epitome of everything good that ROH has done in the last couple of years - he would be a fitting final champion. (And if they do go the NWA/Nick Aldis route and just have just have the title holder under contract - Gresham is so the guy for the job).
Montana

Post by Montana »

This is a tough spot to be; with barely any TV/shows leading into the grande finale. If you could rewind 3 months; i probably would have held off on the Matt Taven vs. Vincent cage match/finale for this show; as neither is really started into anything major yet.

I think The Briscoes , Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham should be in focal point matches.

I'm sure i'll change my mind like 50 times before the start of the show; but here's what i'd do as of now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROH World Championship (3 Way)

Bandido vs. Brody King vs. Jonathan Gresham (Same as the very first main event )

Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe

Jay Lethal vs. Matt Taven

ROH Pure TItle

Josh Woods vs. Tracy Williams

ROH Tag Team Titles

SOS vs. Violence Unlimited (Dickinson/Deppen)

TV Title

Dalton Castle vs. Eli Isom vs. Dak Draper

Mike Bennett vs. EC3

ROH Women's Title

Rok-C vs. Miranda Alize

Trio's Title

STP vs. Righteous

Dragon Lee vs. Flip Gordon vs. Flamita vs. Alex Zayne

Pre-Show

Honor Rumble w/ Silas, PJ Black, Brian Johnson, World Famous CB, Rhett, Rey Horus, Kenny King , LSG, Beer City, PCO, Brian Milonas, Homicide (Surprise wrestlers : Christopher Daniels, Davey Richards, Low Ki, Eddie Edwards)

Women's Gauntlet with Quin/Angelina/Trish Adora/ Max/ Sumie/

Delirious vs. DanHausen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other matches strongly considered: Jay Lethal vs. Jonathan Gresham ; OGK vs. Briscoes. Part of me ; wants to end the show on a big cliff hanger; something like Violence Unlimited Destroy ROH after the main event; and basically leaves the Pure division / Foundation in pieces; the other part of me; wants to go out on a happy ending; and Gresham wins the ROH World Championship.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Part of me wants Final Battle to indicate that the company will continue, and part of me wants to see something like ECW One Night Stand, celebrating the company and its history with a lot of special guests. Would AEW and Impact allow a few former ROH champs to appear?
DougN

Post by DougN »

I would put the tag belts on Briscoes, world title on Gresham, pure title on Lethal, keep the six man on STP, and keep the belt on Rok-C.

Then have all champions in the ring to close out the show and close the book on this era of ROH, with the people who really carried it for the most part.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Would like the last shot/image be the briscoes driving off in a pickup truck laughing ... as the Baltimore arena is blown up in the background.

Sinclair, make it happen.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Looks like it will be Gresham beating Bandito for the world title, and I'd assume Woods defending the Pure against Mecca. I'd also wager that OGK win the tag titles at Honor for All, and in which case I'd foresee them defending against the Briscoes in a toss up. Hopefully we get a Dragon Lee one-on-one showcase, although I'd almost think they'd be looking to have the TV belt on someone who's more likely to be at Supercard, but there really isn't much of a built up challenger as he's been in tag and multi-man matches lately. Maybe a four or six-way match that sees Eli pick up the surprise win? STP deserve a solid defense and I'd leave the titles with them, so maybe a defense against VU. That would be my pick over the Shane vs Kenny blow off personally. Rok-C keeps the belt, probably in a multi-person match, although we are probably looking at too many multi-person matches for the card...Then probably a multi-team tag match depending on what happens with the TV title match. Honestly, there's too many people to try an pigeonhole into a card, which has been one of the drawbacks lately, everything has been spread too thin.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Looking like the event will be close to a sell out by bell time. Good to see. Lets go out with a bang.

Briscoes walk out with gold or we riot
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:00 pm Looking like the event will be close to a sell out by bell time. Good to see. Lets go out with a bang.

The hiatus has my investment at a low because i normally dvr roh and watch it the next morning well ive had it on my dvr for the last three days and havent even bothered to watch it
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:32 pm
Shanahan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:00 pm Looking like the event will be close to a sell out by bell time. Good to see. Lets go out with a bang.

The hiatus has my investment at a low because i normally dvr roh and watch it the next morning well ive had it on my dvr for the last three days and havent even bothered to watch it
Same here. I'll catch up over the weekend. Still mourning.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

McXal wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:05 pm For me the Briscoes HAVE to be in the main event. They deserve nothing less. If this is the last event - Jay Briscoe (and Mark) should be closing the show. They got shafted into a nobody cares four-way (and the BS with Enzo and Big Cass) at MSG - no matter what Final Battle should be their night. I don’t know who they face, I don’t know how you book it to get there - but the Briscoes need to be in that spot.

I’d also like to see Bandido vs Gresham for the World Title and have Gresh win. Gresham has been the epitome of everything good that ROH has done in the last couple of years - he would be a fitting final champion. (And if they do go the NWA/Nick Aldis route and just have just have the title holder under contract - Gresham is so the guy for the job).
This is all great if this is the last show. Briscoe/Briscoe as the main event would be a fitting end. If this isn't the last show, I think saving Gresham/Bandido for Supercard makes sense.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I think a lot of people are having a hard time mustering excitement given the announcement because Honor for All is a really good card to be getting no chatter.

As for Final Battle, I hope Rocco gets to manage someone after months of soliciting.
DougN

Post by DougN »

None of you are wrong. Really hard to invest in something that's coming to an end and is not really being booked like it.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I'm about a month behind of tv episodes. Same with Week by Week. Part of that is life getting in the way as well but I have put less emphasis on being caught up with the shows. I'd like to catch up by the show Sunday though.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I completely understand the lack of excitement… BUT

I also kinda find it odd that the programming isn’t talking more about it. Probably because they don’t exactly know or recorded earlier, but for example , under “championship week” hard to get excited if the champs May or may not get stripped of the titles in a month. On the other hand, if ROH was more open, and say Final Battle will be the last show, and that Bandido / Zayne /Gresham / Brody are all fighting to be the very last ROH champion, I think that means more. But they’ve left it so open… it’s hard to invest.

I’ve been catching it online Mondays. ROH on Bally sports has been a mess, and it’s beyond Mind boggling how Sinclair owns the channel, and the wrestling company, yet can’t get it right.

Glad to hear it sounds like a sell out. I really wouldn’t mind Anthem or Tony Kahn making an offer to buy it out from Sinclair. Keep ROH going under new ownership.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Kenny King/Shane Taylor official for FB. Great addition to the card.

Per Eck's files, they're also calling the event "Final Battle: The End of an Era", which doesn't sound promising.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Montana wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:38 amOn the other hand, if ROH was more open, and say Final Battle will be the last show, and that Bandido / Zayne /Gresham / Brody are all fighting to be the very last ROH champion, I think that means more.
Very good point and I think it hints that even guys running RoH are not sure about what is going to happen next. Like, I don't think that it is a given that RoH will return for Mania weekend.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Might even be worth it to do like a one night tournament for a title shot at FB then. That'd be fun.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Based on who's available and the storylines they're still running with:

Bandido vs. Gresham for the world title

The Foundation vs. The Righteous (possibly just a tag match given that Greshman may be wrestling for the title or substitute in someone like Joey Keys or Taylor Rust into The Foundation).

The OGK vs. The Briscoes for the tag belts

Beer City Bruiser vs. Caprice Coleman (he deserves to wrestle at Final Battle)

Shane Taylor vs. Kenny King

Josh Woods vs. Brian Johnson for the Pure title

Dalton Castle & Dak Draper vs. Flip Gordon and PJ Black

Dragon Lee vs. Demonic Flamita

Silas Young vs. EC3

World Famous CB & Eli Isom vs. Taylor Rust & LSG

Danhausen vs. Delirious

Soldiers of Savagery vs. Brody King and Chris Dickinson

Rok-C vs. Miranda Alize

Sumie Sakai and Trish Adora vs. Angelina Love and Mandy Leon

Brian Milonas vs. Rey Horus vs. Will Ferrara vs. O'Shay Edwards
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:03 pm Based on who's available and the storylines they're still running with:

Bandido vs. Gresham for the world title

The Foundation vs. The Righteous (possibly just a tag match given that Greshman may be wrestling for the title or substitute in someone like Joey Keys or Taylor Rust into The Foundation).

The OGK vs. The Briscoes for the tag belts

Beer City Bruiser vs. Caprice Coleman (he deserves to wrestle at Final Battle)

Shane Taylor vs. Kenny King

Josh Woods vs. Brian Johnson for the Pure title

Dalton Castle & Dak Draper vs. Flip Gordon and PJ Black

Dragon Lee vs. Demonic Flamita

Silas Young vs. EC3

World Famous CB & Eli Isom vs. Taylor Rust & LSG

Danhausen vs. Delirious

Soldiers of Savagery vs. Brody King and Chris Dickinson

Rok-C vs. Miranda Alize

Sumie Sakai and Trish Adora vs. Angelina Love and Mandy Leon

Brian Milonas vs. Rey Horus vs. Will Ferrara vs. O'Shay Edwards
Dickinson is out 5-6 months with a hip injury he suffered this weekend at the New Japan show.