Chikara/Ring Of Honor

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
MAXAKASINNER

Chikara/Ring Of Honor

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

I began looking into Chikara at the end of April this year. I knew alot of their talent....well I know Eddie Kingston and Jigsaw (and The Colony to a extent), I also remember watching Colt Cabana`s Wrestling Road Diaries and seeing a man who looked like a throwback to old baseball stars but I never knew who he was until late April (FYI He was Dasher Hatfield) I saw Never Compromise and was intensely confused at the end.

Since that event, they've cancelled every event and all their talent has been asking for Bookings. Then I remembered,if Chikara was in legit money trouble couldn't they contact Delireous or someone up in ROH and maybe ask for help? I thought they both had a "Working Relationship". Imagine it, they could have had SCUM (remember those guys! :D ) beat down every ROH Guy and then let's say Cheeseburger gets the Chikara Army and we see `Save Honor Save" (which is a joke from Steen`s line and also Save like a hero would do.)

They could have maybe
Jimmy Jacobs vs Jigsaw
The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant and Green Ant) vs SCUM (Hardy, Compton and Rave)
Hallowicked vs Rhino
Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston (With both belts on the line)
damasta414

Re: Chikara/Ring Of Honor

Post by damasta414 »

MAXAKASINNER wrote:I began looking into Chikara at the end of April this year. I knew alot of their talent....well I know Eddie Kingston and Jigsaw (and The Colony to a extent), I also remember watching Colt Cabana`s Wrestling Road Diaries and seeing a man who looked like a throwback to old baseball stars but I never knew who he was until late April (FYI He was Dasher Hatfield) I saw Never Compromise and was intensely confused at the end.

Since that event, they've cancelled every event and all their talent has been asking for Bookings. Then I remembered,if Chikara was in legit money trouble couldn't they contact Delireous or someone up in ROH and maybe ask for help? I thought they both had a "Working Relationship". Imagine it, they could have had SCUM (remember those guys! :D ) beat down every ROH Guy and then let's say Cheeseburger gets the Chikara Army and we see `Save Honor Save" (which is a joke from Steen`s line and also Save like a hero would do.)

They could have maybe
Jimmy Jacobs vs Jigsaw
The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant and Green Ant) vs SCUM (Hardy, Compton and Rave)
Hallowicked vs Rhino
Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston (With both belts on the line)
Damn bro u must be behind on your ROH. SCUM has disband and Kevin Steen hasn't been champ in months.
Also the Chikara/ROH feud already happened. Kevin Steen faced Eddie Kingston.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Yes I ment when they thought they were going down before their final IPPV (June 2nd) SCUM was still around near that time and ROH could have postponed the inevitable end of SCUM. I am completely up to date on my Ring Of Honor.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

My head hurts.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

SteenMark23 wrote:My head hurts.
Why?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I think I got what the OP is trying to say.

- SCUM wins the SCW and "controls" ROH
- ROH roster is beaten down by SCUM (+ a few regular guys that changed sides)
- Somebody informed Chikara so they can help ROH up
- Event Chikara vs. SCUM to get rid of them and bring back the good ol' ROH

A bit too late fot that to happen though, but it was not a bad idea at all.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

Considering how much we've complained about ROH's lack of production values, and their iPPV issues, you really think they have any money to just give to another company? And that's not even considering the dozens of rumors as to the real reason for it's demise.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Thelone wrote:I think I got what the OP is trying to say.

Yeah you got it! I mean even though ROH had (or still has) a Working Relationship with Chikara, why haven't they had a "Tribute" event like Dragon Gate USA did. :D
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

Icarus from Chikara had posted on the Chikara forum that he planned to be at the Palmer enter in Easton PA on July 20th (Chikara had a show scheduled for the venue but cancelled it) at 7pm. I attended and here is what happened.
30-35 Chikara fans showed up and waited. Billy Kumohara a former employee of Chikara arrived with a cameraman and interviewed the fans about the recent turn of events. Icarus arrived a little after 7 sorting blond hair and delivered a speech indicating Chikara was his family and his home and basically that we needed to fight for our promotion and he would lead the charge. He also asked if any other wrestlers had shown up and seemed upset that they hadn't answered his call to action but again stated we did and that meant something.. Icarus passed us out a new "I am Chikara" t-shirt to all who attended and then quickly left after having us sign our names/email addresses/and twitter names to a guestbook of sorts.

My assumption is this is a continuation fo the angle or Icarus's way of saying goodbye. Again this Chikara storyline is pretty confusing as the company has been very quiet since the last show on June 2nd
I'M SO F`N CONFUSED!!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

bigz38 wrote:Considering how much we've complained about ROH's lack of production values, and their iPPV issues, you really think they have any money to just give to another company? And that's not even considering the dozens of rumors as to the real reason for it's demise.
If some of the rumors are true, they could team up without ROH actually even giving them money.

I think it's best to let the two companies do their own thing. ROH should definitely book some of the ex-Chikara wrestlers while things get sorted out, though.
Tree

Post by Tree »

Thelone wrote:I think I got what the OP is trying to say.

so, let me get this straight.

ROH books an angle that makes ROH look weak.

ROH is so weak, it needs to be saved by a stronger promotion, Chikara.

how on earth does this make sense, and why on earth would a company intentionally book itself to look weak enough that it has to be saved by a rival company!?!?
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
bigz38 wrote:Considering how much we've complained about ROH's lack of production values, and their iPPV issues, you really think they have any money to just give to another company? And that's not even considering the dozens of rumors as to the real reason for it's demise.
If some of the rumors are true, they could team up without ROH actually even giving them money.

I think it's best to let the two companies do their own thing. ROH should definitely book some of the ex-Chikara wrestlers while things get sorted out, though.
Absolutely. There's tons of great talent in CHIKARA that could do well in ROH (glad to see 3.0 back this weekend, and hopefully Kingston can actually appear more as was hoped for after last year). But, there's no chance of ROH actually funding CHIKARA so they can run shows.
MidnightHouseRocker

Post by MidnightHouseRocker »

Man, OP is adding evidence to the "Chikara marks are legit the worst marks" argument