Best of ROH TV on Sinclair 2011 to 2015

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
indyfan

Best of ROH TV on Sinclair 2011 to 2015

Post by indyfan »

When ROH was on tv, i admittedly didnt watch it. i just continued watching the main shows that came out on dvd or ppv.

But now im wondering how many good matches i may have missed. Does anyone remember any good matches from these years? its hard to find tv reviews with some sort of ratings .

I found Mxcals reviews but sadly they seem to stop in the geinning of 2012 and someone else takes over and they didnt use any ratings.

Also was there ever a dvd set for best of sinclair.

Thanks
indyfan

Re: Best of ROH TV on Sinclair 2011 to 2015

Post by indyfan »

i found a dvd called ROH wrestling volume 1. cant find anything on it or where to buy it.

Edit: found some info.

Still more interested in what other think than what ROH feels are the best matches
Montana

Post by Montana »

I didn't have HDNet or ROH TV for a while; but here's what i know.

THey had the Best of ROH on HDNET Volume's 1-10; which had matches from 2011-2012. (10 DVDs)

Then they switched off HDNET and... for 2013-2014; they had one DVD with like 2 disc for the best matches from 2013 & 2014, for the first 100 episodes. Everything after that is not on DVD; but believe every episode is on Honorclub. They did just release the 2020 Pure tournament on DVD; which was TV exclusive; but basically 2015-2020 is not on DVD. Think around 2018-2019 ROH TV was basically a clip show of the DVDs/Shows they ran.

I'm not really sure what are the must see matches from that era; but i assume the key matches are on those DVDs. Chris Hero and Kenta always stands out as a favorite. The American Wolves had a big match on TV. Was kind of a weird era for ROH with TV & DVD shows going on currently.

Ironically.... yesterday i just finished watching the last DVD/show .... so i've seen every ROH event on DVD. So basically seen everything but the TV matches/show. I've basically started over from 2002- and watched (re-watched) up to 2007 Supercard of Honor 2... and i've been keeping up with ROH since 2007. I will probably just keep going and watch the rest of 2007.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

My reviews stop in mid-2012?! This is news to me! 🤣🤣

http://mcxalsreviews.yolasite.com/roh-index.php

(That goes up to mid-2019 currently, with more being added all the time!)

Look up Big Red Machine’s reviews too. The legendary and much-missed Larry Csonka at 411Mania also had a decent archive of ROH TV reviews too
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

McXal wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:01 pm My reviews stop in mid-2012?! This is news to me! 🤣🤣

Look up Big Red Machine’s reviews too. The legendary and much-missed Larry Csonka at 411Mania also had a decent archive of ROH TV reviews too

ha!!! im using wrestlingrecaps. im almost sure they re youre reviews. Either way thank you for doing reviews. SAME to Big Red.
Last edited by indyfan on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:13 am I didn't have HDNet or ROH TV for a while; but here's what i know.

THey had the Best of ROH on HDNET Volume's 1-10; which had matches from 2011-2012. (10 DVDs)

Then they switched off HDNET and... for 2013-2014; they had one DVD with like 2 disc for the best matches from 2013 & 2014, for the first 100 episodes. Everything after that is not on DVD; but believe every episode is on Honorclub. They did just release the 2020 Pure tournament on DVD; which was TV exclusive; but basically 2015-2020 is not on DVD. Think around 2018-2019 ROH TV was basically a clip show of the DVDs/Shows they ran.

I'm not really sure what are the must see matches from that era; but i assume the key matches are on those DVDs. Chris Hero and Kenta always stands out as a favorite. The American Wolves had a big match on TV. Was kind of a weird era for ROH with TV & DVD shows going on currently.

Ironically.... yesterday i just finished watching the last DVD/show .... so i've seen every ROH event on DVD. So basically seen everything but the TV matches/show. I've basically started over from 2002- and watched (re-watched) up to 2007 Supercard of Honor 2... and i've been keeping up with ROH since 2007. I will probably just keep going and watch the rest of 2007.
Thanks!!! I have almost the whole ROH on hdnet set. i think im missing 2 of them.

im going to hunt down the matches on the best of episode 1-100 on honorclub. i just dont feel like watching every match and every show.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

indyfan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:00 am
McXal wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:01 pm My reviews stop in mid-2012?! This is news to me! 🤣🤣

ha!!! im using wrestlingrecaps. im almost sure they re youre reviews. Either way thank you for doing reviews. SAME to Big Red.
Yeah Bob at Wrestling Recaps asked if he could include my ROH reviews on their site years ago and I was fine with it. Very happy being a part of the Wrestling Recaps family. But as you’ve pointed out - it’s not as up to date as my own site which I update all the time with new stuff. (Plug over 🤣🤣)

Thanks for your kind words - hope I can help sort through and ensure you pick out some good stuff to watch from the ROH/Sinclair TV show!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Here are the matches... I don't have the dates though:

Disc 1
ROH Tag Titles
WGTT vs. Kings of Wrestling

World TV Title
Jay Lethal vs. El Generico

Young Bucks vs. C&C Wrestle Factory

Adam Cole vs. Tomasso Ciampa vs. Mike Bennett vs. Jay Lethal

Eddie Edwards vs. Davey Richards

ROH World CHampionship
Kevin Steen vs. Mike Mondo

ROH TV Title
Roderick Strong vs. Adam COle.

Mike Bennett vs. Lance Storm

SOTF Finals
Jay Lethal vs. Adam Cole vs. Mike Mondo vs. Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong vs. Michael Elgin

TV TItle
Adam Cole vs. Kyle O reily

Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin

Disc 2

Top Prospect Tournament
Matt Taven vs. Tadarius Thomas

Reddragon & Roderick Strong vs. American Wolves and Michael ELgin

Tag Titles
Briscoes vs. WGTT

Matt Hardy vs. Adam Cole

Tag Titles

REd Dragon vs. Forever Hooligans