20th Anniversary show

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

20th Anniversary show

Post by Montana »

What do you think ROH has planned up it's sleeve for the 20th anniversary show?? What would you like to see? We are about 6 months out; and most likely will be about 2-3 more shows the rest of the year and leading into the event (TV Taping in NOV & Final Battle Battle in DEC, & Jan TV taping)

Believe they've floated the idea of a Hall of Fame. Would be nice to see them work with AEW to get Punk, Daneilson, Daniels,for the HOF; maybe a couple other special appearances from like Colt or the Young Bucks.

Would be cool if they did like a ROH almanac with all the events, complete list of wrestlers/matches/win/losses, stats, etc.

Maybe have a couple NJPW wrestlers on the show

Maybe a couple specialty matches , like an ROH legends battle royal or a past vs. present 5 on 5 match.

Could see a Jay Lethal vs. Homicide match;

Maybe they save Bandido vs. Brody King for the ROH TItle for the 20th anniversary.

Gotta have a big Pure title match; maybe Gresham vs. Woods 2 out of 3 falls or Gresham vs ZSJ II

Briscoes vs. the Tag Champs? Or Mark vs Jay?

Gotta think ROH is planning for Final Battle and the 20th Anniversary now.... what would you like to see??
tigermask7.0

Re: 20th Anniversary show

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Night 1 - PPV
Night 2 - ROH: Past vs. Present
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Montana

Post by Montana »

I think that's a great idea. In theory both shows should be able to draw on their own; but they should try and get as many eyeballs on these events as possible.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

This is the exact time I'd have AEW announce that ROH is joining the new streaming library, and get the glory days legends to appear as well since plenty are now available.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

supersonic wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:51 am This is the exact time I'd have AEW announce that ROH is joining the new streaming library, and get the glory days legends to appear as well since plenty are now available.
AEW doesnt own ROHs footage.....
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This show should be all about ROH. If some alumni from AEW can appear, great.

But under no circumstances should there be any NJPW or AEW or any other promotion's branding anywhere near this event for any reason. This is Ring of Honor's Anniversary Show. This is not Supercard of Honor or War of the Worlds.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

My hope is Doug Williams can get over here to challenge for Pure title.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I would like to see Cactus Jack, Terry Funk, 2 Cold Scorpio, Tajiri, and the Sandman come and challenge the Foundation to a 5 man pure rules survivor series match.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The 20th anniversary date also lands on a Wednesday.

Hopefully Khan is looking to have Philly host Dynamite that night to pay another promotional tribute.
DougN

Post by DougN »

famicommander wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:45 pm This show should be all about ROH. If some alumni from AEW can appear, great.

But under no circumstances should there be any NJPW or AEW or any other promotion's branding anywhere near this event for any reason. This is Ring of Honor's Anniversary Show. This is not Supercard of Honor or War of the Worlds.
We are in total agreement here. I'm cool if they want to do a video package with the likes of Okada, Ospreay, Naito, etc thanking ROH or congratulating ROH, but we're talking a 2-4 minute thing here and definitely no matches and definitely no promos/appearances.

It would be ROH though to trot out Okada, Tanahashi, and Naito for the show.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I agree it should be current roster and if possible a few former major alumni like Danielson, Daniels, Punk which would be the coup of the decade. Wouldn't be opposed to Cole either.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I would also try to work in tandem with AEW to do a big Philadelphia wrestling weekend. Dynamite and Rampage live on Wednesday and Friday, the PPV with heralding from AEW on Saturday and maybe a good special live event on Sunday.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well; i think it's pretty safe to say we aren't getting a 20th anniversary show in FEB/MAR next year.

Too bad; because it seems like they could make this a really big deal. Pretty bummed about this. Seems like a 20th anniversary show; would be even bigger than say Supercard of honor.

Maybe ROH tries to do this show later in the year...perhaps around SummerSlam if the rebuild goes as planned? Anyone's guess at this point. Just seems strange/odd to go on hiatus a couple months before arguably one of the biggest shows you could put on. I'm sure this was more of a sinclair call; but still.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I agree. I think every hardcore fan was looking forward to this as a BIG, BIG deal.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.