Ideal 2022 ROH Roster

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Ideal 2022 ROH Roster

Post by Montana »

Current Roster

Males:

Adam Brooks (AU)
Bandido
Bateman
Brody King
Brian JOhnson "Mecca"
Dak Draper
Dalton Castle
DanHausen
Dragon Lee
Dutch
EC3
Eli Isom
Flamita
Flip Gordon
Jay Lethal
Joe Hendry (EU)
Jonathan Gresham
Josh Woods
Kenny King
LSG
Mark Haskins (EU)
Matt Taven
Mike Bennett
PCO (Gone)
PJ Black
Rey Horus
Rhett Titus
Rush
Shane Taylor
SIlas Young
Slex (AU)
Tracey Wiliams
Vincent
Will Ferrera
World Famous CB
Alex Zayne (Not on roster page)
Taylor Rust (Not on roster page)
Bestia Del Ring (Not on roster page)
Freh Yehi (Not on roster page)

DOJO/Future of Honor

Dante Caballero
Joe Keys
Sledge
Eric Martin
Ken Dixon
Flex SImmons
O'Shea Edwards
Rayo

Tag Teams

Briscoes
Bounces
SOS

Women's Divison

Amy Rose
Angelina Love
Jenny Rose???
Mandy leon
Maria Kanellis
Maria Manic???
Max the Impaler
Miranda Alize
Rok C
Martina Moth Session (EU)
Sumie Sakai
Trish Adora (Not on roster page)

What would you do with the ROH roster for next year? Who would you bring in, and who would you take out?? I would say now is about the time ROH officials are looking at next years roster and who is under contract.
Last edited by Montana on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wavelet Transform

Re: Ideal 2022 ROH Roster

Post by Wavelet Transform »

In general, there are a number of people that peaked long ago or just don't have upward mobility that I'd like to see off the roster. Mike Bennett is a prime example. The guy's in great shape and seems to work hard, but he has zero buzz/character/personality and, short of a massive reinvention, won't get any higher than a tag title reign. Kenny King is another guy with zero upward mobility. He remains surprisingly great on promos and I've really enjoyed his stints in commentary, so I wouldn't mind him transitioning to a Rocky Romero-like role as the mentor to a young heel team. LSG, PJ Black, CB, and Bouncers all do nothing for me and wouldn't mind them off the roster. I somewhat root for LSG and CB since they seem to work hard and want it, but it's just not there in the ring.

The meme wrestlers, hausen especially, undercut the serious, sports-like presentation that's been a real strength for ROH, so they can go too.

Getting the non-U.S. talent back, in particular Haskins, would really help the roster.

Haven't been wowed by any of the dojo talent listed, but they haven't been given any great opportunities either.

The pure division has been by some distance my favorite thing in ROH over the past year. Personally, I'd love to see more pure wrestlers like Gresham and Hot Sauce and more focus on that style, though I'm not sure that's the best business decision ROH could make.

Wouldn't care if Rush left, but ROH should give Dragon Lee whatever it takes to keep him.

Talent I'd like to see signed: Yehi, Shelley, Rust, Zayne, and Hero.
Lynx

Re: Ideal 2022 ROH Roster

Post by Lynx »

I really like Dragon Lee, but I think he is pretty much a package deal with his entire family now and I'm not sure if its "worth it" at this point. To me it is also weird how he is back to being double champ. I don't know, I feel like it is hurting RoH long term.

I agree on peak/upwards mobility point, but then we kinda have to ask who exactly in RoH now has potential to break out? Bandido and Brody?