Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

Post by kovs27 »

We need a Rush/Dragon Lee tag title reign.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

That Tag Match was un-fucking-real....Great match with great storyline progression. If the Steel Cage Match is just a "good match" this is 1 of best wrestling shows of the year, IMO.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I know a lot of people on here have shit on Taven/Vincent feud but that Steel Cage match was really good and the right guy won.

Overall the whole show was great.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:08 pm I know a lot of people on here have shit on Taven/Vincent feud but that Steel Cage match was really good and the right guy won.

Overall the whole show was great.
Absolutely agree. I had a blast live.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Awesome show!!!!

Everything starting from the 6 man to the end was great stuff!!!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Unless they taped tv without fans in Philly it looks like we are going to get recap shows
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:54 pm Unless they taped tv without fans in Philly it looks like we are going to get recap shows
They taped after BITW and the episodes started airing July 30. Tonight's episode is 4th one. 3 more weekends until DBD. They also taped some womens matches yesterday & today so they'll have enough stuff.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Dark Match
Trish Adora defeated Sumie Sakai.

Singles Match
Dalton Castle defeated Danhausen.

Pure Rules Match
LSG defeated World Famous CB.

Tag Team Match
Rok-C & Miranda Alize defeated Chelsea Green & Willow.

ROH World 6 Man Tag Team Championships Match
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Moses & Kaun) (w/Ron Hunt & O’Shay Edwards) defeated Incoherence (Delirious, Frightmare & Hallowicked) (w/UltraMantis Black).

Tag Team Match
Mark Briscoe & Brian Johnson defeated Flip Gordon & Demonic Flamita.

8 Man Tag Team Match
The Foundation (Jay Lethal, Jonathan Gresham, Rhett Titus & Tracy Williams) defeated VLNCE UNLTD (Brody King, Tony Deppen, Chris Dickinson & Homicide).

Tag Team Match
La Faccion Ingobernable (Dragon Lee & RUSH) defeated MexiSquad (Rey Horus & Bandido).

Steel Cage Match For Matt Taven’s Future ROH World Championship Opportunity
Vincent defeated Matt Taven.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Dalton vs Danhaussen **

LSG vs CB **3/4

Chelsea Green and Willow vs Rok C and Aliize ***

Incoherence vs STP ***3/4

Mark Briscoe and Brian Johnson vs Flamita and Flip Gordon ***1/4

Foundation vs Violence Unlimited ****

Rush and Dragon Lee vs Bandido and Rey Horus ****1/4

Vincent vs Taven. ****
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Very happy to see Mantis Black made an appearance, also looked to be in the best shape in ages. Hopeful all four stick around for a year or two.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Glad the main event delivered. I thought Taven should have won but is what it is. Overall really good show; not sure if it was better than Best in the world though.

Dalton vs Danhaussen 2.5

LSG vs CB 3.0

Incoherence vs STP 3.5

Mark Briscoe and Brian Johnson vs Flamita and Flip Gordon 3.0

Foundation vs Violence Unlimited 3.75

Rush and Dragon Lee vs Bandido and Rey Horus 4.00

Vincent vs Taven. 4.25

Overall Good show. 7.5-8/10 Looked like Rush and Flip got banged up which isn't good news. Vincent won; and i'm not quite sure where you go with him and righteous.

Death Before Dishonor Main event of Bandido vs. Brody vs. Flamita vs EC3 should be good , but feels more like a TV main event. Flamita and EC3 haven't fully been built up yet, imo. After that tag match, i thought they were going to announce Bandido vs. Dragon Lee which would be insane. Think i'd almost like if it were just Bandido vs. Brody King one on one.

Also the news of 2 free agents going one on one at Death Before Dishonor. I assume one is Fish; not sure on the other.

STP vs LFI for the 6 man title should be realy good too at DBD.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

No ticket information for DBD was announced this weekend. I was a bit surprised by that.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:54 am No ticket information for DBD was announced this weekend. I was a bit surprised by that.
Wow, that is really surprising. I thought they be pushing tickets for DBD at these shows.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

EC3 feels the odd one out in the title match for me, I would have put either RUSH or Flip in there just for the creativity that could be brought to the ring. Flamita has been one of the surprises overall in how I’ve felt Delirious has done a good job with him which is rare for a middle/lower card talent.

If anything this weekend has shown that ROH should be done two to three live events a month, one to keep fans engaged and to a greater ability to further story lines. Especially if the TV show is still going to be only an hour.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:01 am
kovs27 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:54 am No ticket information for DBD was announced this weekend. I was a bit surprised by that.
Wow, that is really surprising. I thought they be pushing tickets for DBD at these shows.
Me too. It's getting close to the date and not much time to do a Honor Club presale followed by a general public release. I was thinking we'd get some sort of special deal for those who attended Glory by Honor.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Watching the Night 1 Main Event and Bandido’s name plate is on the belt. On last weeks TV, Coleman said that Bandido wanted to keep Rush’s name on it as a reminder of who he beat or something like that. So I guess that’s out the window now?

#Continuity
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:02 am EC3 feels the odd one out in the title match for me, I would have put either RUSH or Flip in there just for the creativity that could be brought to the ring. Flamita has been one of the surprises overall in how I’ve felt Delirious has done a good job with him which is rare for a middle/lower card talent.

If anything this weekend has shown that ROH should be done two to three live events a month, one to keep fans engaged and to a greater ability to further story lines. Especially if the TV show is still going to be only an hour.
I like the 4 way. I thought the Main Event was gonna be Bandido vs Flamita but adding Brody/EC3 and making it an elimination match makes sense.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I wonder if bobby fish answers dickinson challenge
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:35 pm I wonder if bobby fish answers dickinson challenge
Bobby Fish doesn't really fit the description. His style of wrestling, yes. But I took it as more as someone who actually worked Pure rules matches.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:01 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:02 am EC3 feels the odd one out in the title match for me, I would have put either RUSH or Flip in there just for the creativity that could be brought to the ring. Flamita has been one of the surprises overall in how I’ve felt Delirious has done a good job with him which is rare for a middle/lower card talent.

I like the 4 way. I thought the Main Event was gonna be Bandido vs Flamita but adding Brody/EC3 and making it an elimination match makes sense.
I’ve never been a massive fan of a multi man match for a world title unless all 4 have been really brought to that level. That’s why I would have RUSH in there as if you eliminate him early it’s a massive shock and gives a wave to the match. If EC3 gets eliminated early, same with Flamita I would expect it, and no way should Brody be eliminated early.

It will be interesting to see who the final two are because if Brody looses can he really get back to a world title level quickly enough or credibly enough to win it.