Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

Post by Shanahan »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 am
Shanahan wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:01 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:02 am EC3 feels the odd one out in the title match for me, I would have put either RUSH or Flip in there just for the creativity that could be brought to the ring. Flamita has been one of the surprises overall in how I’ve felt Delirious has done a good job with him which is rare for a middle/lower card talent.

If anything this weekend has shown that ROH should be done two to three live events a month, one to keep fans engaged and to a greater ability to further story lines. Especially if the TV show is still going to be only an hour.
I like the 4 way. I thought the Main Event was gonna be Bandido vs Flamita but adding Brody/EC3 and making it an elimination match makes sense.
I’ve never been a massive fan of a multi man match for a world title unless all 4 have been really brought to that level. That’s why I would have RUSH in there as if you eliminate him early it’s a massive shock and gives a wave to the match. If EC3 gets eliminated early, same with Flamita I would expect it, and no way should Brody be eliminated early.

It will be interesting to see who the final two are because if Brody looses can he really get back to a world title level quickly enough or credibly enough to win it.
Here's what i would do with 4 way and moving forward:

4 way-Brody eliminates EC3,Flamita eliminates Brody after interference by RUSH (Board of Directors later announce RUSH lost his rematch clause because of those actions),Bandido eliminates Flamita after 2 really close pinfalls by Flamita. (This gives Brody a big pin on EC3 & the RUSH interference protects him and sets up a big one on one where Brody can pin RUSH and become #1 contender for Final Battle. Flamita almost winning title and being last eliminated also protects him for a future singles title match.)

After Bandido wins i'd have Vincent appear and cut a promo setting up his world title shot for Oct Live Event.

Oct:

TV: Bandido/Brody vs RUSH/Flamita.

Live Event around Halloween: Bandido vs Vincent for Title. (Maybe even NO DQ--- Mask vs Hair Match)
Co-Main: Brody/Deppen vs RUSH/Lee

Nov:

Live Event: Bandido vs Flamita for Title.
Live Event or TV-Brody vs RUSH #1 contender.

Dec:

Final Battle: Bandido vs Brody for Title.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:36 pm

I like the 4 way. I thought the Main Event was gonna be Bandido vs Flamita but adding Brody/EC3 and making it an elimination match makes sense.
I’ve never been a massive fan of a multi man match for a world title unless all 4 have been really brought to that level. That’s why I would have RUSH in there as if you eliminate him early it’s a massive shock and gives a wave to the match. If EC3 gets eliminated early, same with Flamita I would expect it, and no way should Brody be eliminated early.

It will be interesting to see who the final two are because if Brody looses can he really get back to a world title level quickly enough or credibly enough to win it.

4 way-Brody eliminates EC3,Flamita eliminates Brody after interference by RUSH (Board of Directors later announce RUSH lost his rematch clause because of those actions),Bandido eliminates Flamita after 2 really close pinfalls by Flamita. (This gives Brody a big pin on EC3 & the RUSH interference protects him and sets up a big one on one where Brody can pin RUSH and become #1 contender for Final Battle. Flamita almost winning title and being last eliminated also protects him for a future singles title match.)

After Bandido wins i'd have Vincent appear and cut a promo setting up his world title shot for Oct Live Event.

Oct:

Live Event around Halloween: Bandido vs Vincent for Title. (Maybe even NO DQ--- Mask vs Hair Match)

Nov:

Dec:

awesome booking.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Oct:

Nov:

Dec:

My only change would be to have RUSH take out Brody during the event or just before the match. Have him bloodied and battered but he comes back late in the match, he’s pissed off and takes out Flamita and EC3 but in the end it’s too much for him and he falls to Bandido. We do RUSH and Brody with Brody going over he gets some more wins and challenges for the title.

Otherwise very much like that course you have set out.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:29 am

Oct:

Nov:

Dec:

My only change would be to have RUSH take out Brody during the event or just before the match. Have him bloodied and battered but he comes back late in the match, he’s pissed off and takes out Flamita and EC3 but in the end it’s too much for him and he falls to Bandido. We do RUSH and Brody with Brody going over he gets some more wins and challenges for the title.

That's much better way to protect Brody & let's RUSH be the really really...really bad guy by trying to ruin the Main Event and then a hurt/bloodied Brody fighting back with all he got but it's just not enough.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Good shows, finally caught up. Johnson and Taven were over as fuck.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:12 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:29 am

Oct:

Nov:

Dec:

That's much better way to protect Brody & let's RUSH be the really really...really bad guy by trying to ruin the Main Event and then a hurt/bloodied Brody fighting back with all he got but it's just not enough.
I hope they do try and protect him regardless as he’s someone that can connect with a variety of crowds.

Also the idea of Vinny in a Mask vs Hair match is a really interesting one, especially if you work in Horus into the equation of helping Bandido against the rest of the righteous and maybe a third person if you are ever going to have three man tags to help the fued.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I'd agree LFI should jump the 4 before the bell, cause chaos, and be the reason Brody isn't the unstoppable force in the main event. A triple team before the match and a double/triple team during the match is a fine reason to get get the win until his Final Battle one-on-one. I would save Vinny's shot until after Brody wins, I don't see the Bandito beating Vincent scenario really helping either, but having Flamita get the one-on-one before FB gives Banditio a good big match main event win and pushes Flamita into that upper tier, and Brody/Vincent would probably be a better matchup and I think Vincent comes out better in a title loss to Brody.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

EvanKnight wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:11 am I'd agree LFI should jump the 4 before the bell, cause chaos, and be the reason Brody isn't the unstoppable force in the main event. A triple team before the match and a double/triple team during the match is a fine reason to get get the win until his Final Battle one-on-one. I would save Vinny's shot until after Brody wins, I don't see the Bandito beating Vincent scenario really helping either, but having Flamita get the one-on-one before FB gives Banditio a good big match main event win and pushes Flamita into that upper tier, and Brody/Vincent would probably be a better matchup and I think Vincent comes out better in a title loss to Brody.
I just think Vincent vs Brody is a no brainer Brody win. ROH has been pushing Bandido as the underdog so i think Vincent getting title shot vs him would make fans squirm alittle thinking he could actually win it like PCO did.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I’m just finishing the Taven/Vinny match and Bateman brings “barbed wire” to the ring with no gloves. Like what did he plan on doing with it? Gloves might be helpful when dealing with “barbed wire”.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:00 pm I’m just finishing the Taven/Vinny match and Bateman brings “barbed wire” to the ring with no gloves. Like what did he plan on doing with it? Gloves might be helpful when dealing with “barbed wire”.
You think a member of The Righteous would put on gloves to protect themselves from getting cut and bleeding? They are masochists...they enjoy it.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:26 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:00 pm I’m just finishing the Taven/Vinny match and Bateman brings “barbed wire” to the ring with no gloves. Like what did he plan on doing with it? Gloves might be helpful when dealing with “barbed wire”.
You think a member of The Righteous would put on gloves to protect themselves from getting cut and bleeding? They are masochists...they enjoy it.
But then he was selling the “cuts” he got on his hands. Wouldn’t a masochist have “no sold” a small cut or two?

You can still be a masochist and not be a logic defying moron.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Omg...
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Do you even like wrestling? You re so massively negative.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

indyfan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:12 am
I do like wrestling. I do not like continuity errors, poor planning, intelligence insulting angles, and unrealistic fans.

I didn’t know that calling something out something ridiculously stupid is “negative”. Please go hide in your safe space with mommy if you can’t handle it.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:53 am
indyfan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:12 am
I do like wrestling. I do not like continuity errors, poor planning, intelligence insulting angles, and unrealistic fans.

I didn’t know that calling something out something ridiculously stupid is “negative”. Please go hide in your safe space with mommy if you can’t handle it.
Im pretty sure i can handle it just fine. You ve been crying a lot lately. Sounds like permanent pms. My wife recommends chocolate.

in fact i dont think i have ever seen you write a post that was more positive leaning. its constant complaints. Its really sad. i get its ok to post criticism but thats all you do outside of arguing and moaning

look i get it...permanent pms sucks. Eat some sugar, try and find some silver linings or find a new hobby. Maybe wrestling isnt the entertainment for you. Its ok if it isnt.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:45 pm
But then he was selling the “cuts” he got on his hands. Wouldn’t a masochist have “no sold” a small cut or two?

Do you know how wrestling works? He was selling how "sharp" the barbed wire was. With gloves you can't do that and again...a guy like Bateman wouldn't wear gloves or let cuts stop him from helping his leader.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:54 am

Do you know how wrestling works? He was selling how "sharp" the barbed wire was. With gloves you can't do that and again...a guy like Bateman wouldn't wear gloves or let cuts stop him from helping his leader.
Yes, I know how it works. Do you know how logic works? Like I said above, he’s smart enough to gather this barbed wire and bring it to the ring, but not smart enough that he has to use it later. Who is watching the ROH product? Mostly adults, I would assume. A person with above minimal intelligence would bring gloves. It was clear the “barbed wire” was hardly that. Didn’t even look real, but we’re going to have Bateman sell cuts??? What does that add to the match??
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:27 am

Yes, I know how it works. Do you know how logic works? Like I said above, he’s smart enough to gather this barbed wire and bring it to the ring, but not smart enough that he has to use it later. Who is watching the ROH product? Mostly adults, I would assume. A person with above minimal intelligence would bring gloves. It was clear the “barbed wire” was hardly that. Didn’t even look real, but we’re going to have Bateman sell cuts??? What does that add to the match??
You are complaining about that on a show where guys get whipped into the ring ropes and bounce back. There is no problem with how they worked the match...that's how wrestling is.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:53 am

You are complaining about that on a show where guys get whipped into the ring ropes and bounce back. There is no problem with how they worked the match...that's how wrestling is.
Two different things. Wrestling moves and the ropes are wrestling standards, that “smart” fans know are fake. A guy bring fake barbed wire to the ring, but not thinking about how they’re going to use it, is different. Someone said he’s a masochist, but a masochist isn’t going to sell little cuts. It’s dumb. Sorry, I think about stuff and aren’t a mindless drone.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:00 am
Shanahan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:53 am

Two different things. Wrestling moves and the ropes are wrestling standards, that “smart” fans know are fake. A guy bring fake barbed wire to the ring, but not thinking about how they’re going to use it, is different. Someone said he’s a masochist, but a masochist isn’t going to sell little cuts. It’s dumb. Sorry, I think about stuff and aren’t a mindless drone.
You are proving that you have no idea how wrestling works. If that was Jay Lethal doing that i would agree but not Bateman or anyone from the righteous. The whole point of that match was them fucking up trying to help Vincent, stuff backfiring repeatedly like Bateman running out with barbed wire,setting it up for Vincent but Taven uses it against him, Vita throwing tacks straight to taven, getting back body dropped on to them, accidentally being speared by Vincent, then finally Dutch being put through the tables. That was the entire point, they were all panicking, yet still pulled it off.