Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

Post by cgstong »

Night 1: Please ORDER THRU OUR LINK HERE

Dark Match
Miranda Alize & Rok-C defeated Chelsea Green & Sumie Sakai.

Silas Young defeated Rey Horus

Six Man Mayhem Match: Winner Added To ROH World Championship Rankings
Demonic Flamita defeated Mike Bennett, PJ Black, Dak Draper, Eli Isom and Danhausen.

Vita VonStarr & Max The Impaler defeated The Allure (Angelina Love & Mandy Leon).

EC3 defeated Brian Johnson.

Mark Briscoe defeated Bateman (w/Dutch).

ROH Pure Championship Match
Jonathan Gresham (c) defeated Rhett Titus.

8 Man Philadelphia Street Fight Tag Team Match
VLNCE UNLTD (Brody King, Chris Dickinson, Tony Deppen & Homicide) defeated La Faccion Ingobernable (RUSH, Dragon Lee, Kenny King & La Bestia del Ring).

ROH World Championship Match
Bandido (c) defeated Flip Gordon.

Night 2: Please ORDER THRU OUR LINK HERE

Dark Match
Trish Adora defeated Sumie Sakai.

Dalton Castle defeated Danhausen.

Pure Rules Match
LSG defeated World Famous CB.

Rok-C & Miranda Alize defeated Chelsea Green & Willow.

ROH World 6 Man Tag Team Championships Match
Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Moses & Kaun) (w/Ron Hunt & O’Shay Edwards) defeated Incoherence (Delirious, Frightmare & Hallowicked) (w/UltraMantis Black).

Mark Briscoe & Brian Johnson defeated Flip Gordon & Demonic Flamita.

The Foundation (Jay Lethal, Jonathan Gresham, Rhett Titus & Tracy Williams) defeated VLNCE UNLTD (Brody King, Tony Deppen, Chris Dickinson & Homicide).

La Faccion Ingobernable (Dragon Lee & RUSH) defeated MexiSquad (Rey Horus & Bandido).

Steel Cage Match For Matt Taven’s Future ROH World Championship Opportunity
Vincent defeated Matt Taven.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
indyfan

Re: Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

Post by indyfan »

Can we merge the other thread with this one or is there no real point?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Night 1: 161 tickets remain
Night 2: 100 tickets remain

They should probably run some kind of promotion considering the short turnaround to DBD. Like maybe anyone who bought tickets to both GBH shows gets half off or something.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Gotta think they are going to be pushing DBD tickets hard at these events. Looks like Night 2 may sell out with walk ups. Not sure about Night 1.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:25 pm Gotta think they are going to be pushing DBD tickets hard at these events. Looks like Night 2 may sell out with walk ups. Not sure about Night 1.
Both will "sell out" their initial allotments with walk ups for sure but neither are likely to fill every seat in the venue even with walk ups and comps and another week of sales.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Given the run that ROH has been on, the cards for Glory by Honor are a little frustrating, but they both have the ability to over perform given the talent, which is a good thing.

GLORY BY HONOR NIGHT 1:

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
CHAMPION BANDIDO vs. FLIP GORDON
Easy call for a Bandito win, should be an above average solid match, probably good, but not a great match. Perfectly fine for a first title defense, but the type of title match that requires a show to have a strong co-main event, which night 1 doesn't.

ROH PURE TITLE MATCH
CHAMPION JONATHAN GRESHAM (W/JAY LETHAL) vs. RHETT TITUS (W/TRACY WILLIAMS)
This should be a really strong match and win for Gresham. He has had good matches with lesser opponents, but this is a from left field match. All they really needed to do was have a hyped pure rules match from like Dickerson or someone on TV or Week by Week turn into a melee and then have the Foundation say they were going to show the world what Pure wrestling looks like. Anything to give the match some reason to happen would be great.

EIGHT-MAN TAG MATCH
VIOLENCE UNLIMITED (BRODY KING, TONY DEPPEN, CHRIS DICKINSON & HOMICIDE) vs. LA FACCIÓN INGOBERNABLE (RUSH, DRAGON LEE, KENNY KING & BESTIA DEL RING)
Although the factions have been feuding, these 8-mans feel like just matches and nothing that is can't miss. Match should be a full blown spectacle though, I'd pick VU to get the win if forced to choose.

JAY & MARK BRISCOE vs. THE RIGHTEOUS (BATEMAN & DUTCH)
Another should be a good match, but has no real reason behind it. Briscoes are working through the tag teams to regain the top...so they fight a newly formed team that's unranked. Possible some shenanigans go down forcing the Briscoes to keep them from interfering in the cage on night 2?

SIX-MAN MAYHEM (WINNER GETS A SPOT IN WORLD TITLE RANKINGS)
MIKE BENNETT vs. PJ BLACK vs. DANHAUSEN vs. DEMONIC FLAMITA vs. DAK DRAPER vs. ELI ISOM
Another should be good in the ring match. They need to limit the back-door into the rankings some if they want them to hold any credibility. Should be some fun interaction with Draper and Isom along the way to a Flamita win

EC3 vs. BRIAN JOHNSON
This one is honestly a head-scratcher for me. I thoroughly have been enjoying Johnson, but he should be on a slow build and EC3 is a "name" on a card that should be trying to rebuild an audience and regain footing. Johnson shouldn't be one-on-one with EC3 at this point in my opinion. Not sure what anyone gains from this.

SILAS YOUNG vs. REY HORUS
Solid in ring, no reason to care about the two facing off, so it's just another match. Assuming Rey get the nod as he's teaming with the champ tomorrow, but not sure why it's against Silas.

THE ALLURE (ANGELINA LOVE & MANDY LEON) vs. VITA VONSTARR & MYSTERY PARTNER
Mystery partners are always a gamble. This match is odd as the three announced are the 3 solid heels in the company. Mystery partner is usually the fan favorite but whoever it is is walking into a bad spot and with the deck stacked against them, probably on the loosing end.

Overall, it honestly looks like it will be a real solid card and there doesn't look to be a real bad match on the card, but it looks fairly skippable and I am not sure I will honestly watch it. I doubt I'll have 6 hours for wrestling this weekend and I am actively looking forward to night 2, and if I watch night 2 and get all the results spoiled for night 1, I doubt I'll go back and watch it. For me, it feels like it's missing something that makes the night must see. Maybe the Rey vs Flamita no DQ could have been here, a potential title change Pure match, or had Johnson run his mouth about EC3 talking about who the best and baddest was and have that joined in by Silas and Shane setting up a 4-way...something.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:38 pm cool promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iM6aEbD57s
Very good and they actually put it on the TV show which was very smart decision.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Night 1: 136 remaining
Night 2: 57 remaining

Both presales have beaten the last total crowd from Philly.

Sticking with the same ranges for my predictions. With another day or two of sales plus walk ups and comps I'm guessing
Night 1: 600-800 announced
Night 2: 700-900 announced

I think they're probably expecting a decent walk up crowd because they sent out a request for people to pay for tickets with contactless credit cards if possible.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

I hope the shows great tonight. Its too bad Rampage and Punks return will steal headlines. Hopefully something cool happens tonight in ROH
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Night 1: 116 remaining
Night 2: 44 remaining
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

indyfan wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:09 am I hope the shows great tonight. Its too bad Rampage and Punks return will steal headlines. Hopefully something cool happens tonight in ROH
Unless some high level performer is showing up, there’s nothing that would have made headlines, even without AEW tonight
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:34 am
indyfan wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:09 am I hope the shows great tonight. Its too bad Rampage and Punks return will steal headlines. Hopefully something cool happens tonight in ROH
Unless some high level performer is showing up, there’s nothing that would have made headlines, even without AEW tonight
How do you know? Great shows can easily make headlines.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Unfortunate timing all around for this weekend really.

Tonight I won't be watching either Glory By Honor or Rampage. I'll be watching Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship with the Bellator card on in the background.

And tomorrow night I won't be watching either Glory By Honor or Summerslam. I'll be watching Manny Pacquiao vs Yordenis Ugas with the UFC card on in the background.

So I guess Sunday I'll have a lot of catching up to do.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:54 am Unfortunate timing all around for this weekend really.

Tonight I won't be watching either Glory By Honor or Rampage. I'll be watching Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship with the Bellator card on in the background.

And tomorrow night I won't be watching either Glory By Honor or Summerslam. I'll be watching Manny Pacquiao vs Yordenis Ugas with the UFC card on in the background.

A very niche product like Bare Nuckle Championships is appointment viewing over ROH.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 am
famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:54 am Unfortunate timing all around for this weekend really.

A very niche product like Bare Nuckle Championships is appointment viewing over ROH.
I'm not saying tons of people are going to be watching it, but I certainly will.

I'll always put live sports over wrestling, though. I was curious about Impact yesterday but ended up watching PFL MMA on ESPN and then Karate Combat on the DVR instead.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:02 pm

I'm not saying tons of people are going to be watching it, but I certainly will.

I'll always put live sports over wrestling, though. I was curious about Impact yesterday but ended up watching PFL MMA on ESPN and then Karate Combat on the DVR instead.
Yeah, wasn’t throwing shade at you or anyone who chooses to watch that, but having a big ROH fan posting that on a ROH message board, doesn’t bode well for ROH. Especially since they haven’t had many live events recently.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:09 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Yeah, wasn’t throwing shade at you or anyone who chooses to watch that, but having a big ROH fan posting that on a ROH message board, doesn’t bode well for ROH. Especially since they haven’t had many live events recently.
There was no point in time where I would've missed a live combat sports event for a wrestling show, though. ROH at their peak, WCW at their peak, Joe vs Daniels vs AJ in TNA, you name it. If there's a real fight on I'll watch that live and catch the wrestling on streaming/DVR or, back when I was a kid, a crappy blank VHS tape that had been re-recorded over far too many times.
Montana

Post by Montana »

There's like 7 wrestling shows this weekend im tracking... ROH TV, GBH N1 & N2 , AEW Rampage, SummerSLam and NXT Takeover. Should be a great weekend for wrestling! That said, how to keep up with it all without getting spoiled??

Think my plan is to watch Glory by Honor and Rampage Live tonight. DVR Smackdown and ROH TV; won't watch much Saturday; and then just try and catch up with the others as time permits.

I don't know how much it matters if ROH knocks it out the park tonight. I think the biggest thing; is to leave the fans of Philly wanting more for DBD. I wouldn't be that much surprised if Bandido and Flip out-perform anything on Rampage.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

So...is it just me or is the picture really stretched? They show graphics and i only see half of them.