Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
NewROHFan2020

Re: Glory By Honor 2021 Official Thread

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:27 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:00 am
Shanahan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:53 am

You are complaining about that on a show where guys get whipped into the ring ropes and bounce back. There is no problem with how they worked the match...that's how wrestling is.
Two different things. Wrestling moves and the ropes are wrestling standards, that “smart” fans know are fake. A guy bring fake barbed wire to the ring, but not thinking about how they’re going to use it, is different. Someone said he’s a masochist, but a masochist isn’t going to sell little cuts. It’s dumb. Sorry, I think about stuff and aren’t a mindless drone.
You are proving that you have no idea how wrestling works. If that was Jay Lethal doing that i would agree but not Bateman or anyone from the righteous. The whole point of that match was them fucking up trying to help Vincent, stuff backfiring repeatedly like Bateman running out with barbed wire,setting it up for Vincent but Taven uses it against him, Vita throwing tacks straight to taven, getting back body dropped on to them, accidentally being speared by Vincent, then finally Dutch being put through the tables. That was the entire point, they were all panicking, yet still pulled it off.
The whole point of the match was them fucking up trying to help Vincent? Wasn’t it an end to the feud with Taven’s title shot on the line? I thought that was the point of the match??

Bateman panicked and brought out “barbed wire” early on in the match? Even though he was the first and it was early in the match? Just happened to be some barbed wire backstage and Bateman was like “Gee, me will bring this to ring. I dunno what me gonna do wif dis when me get there.”
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:01 pm
Shanahan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:27 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:00 am

Two different things. Wrestling moves and the ropes are wrestling standards, that “smart” fans know are fake. A guy bring fake barbed wire to the ring, but not thinking about how they’re going to use it, is different. Someone said he’s a masochist, but a masochist isn’t going to sell little cuts. It’s dumb. Sorry, I think about stuff and aren’t a mindless drone.
You are proving that you have no idea how wrestling works. If that was Jay Lethal doing that i would agree but not Bateman or anyone from the righteous. The whole point of that match was them fucking up trying to help Vincent, stuff backfiring repeatedly like Bateman running out with barbed wire,setting it up for Vincent but Taven uses it against him, Vita throwing tacks straight to taven, getting back body dropped on to them, accidentally being speared by Vincent, then finally Dutch being put through the tables. That was the entire point, they were all panicking, yet still pulled it off.
The whole point of the match was them fucking up trying to help Vincent? Wasn’t it an end to the feud with Taven’s title shot on the line? I thought that was the point of the match??

Bateman panicked and brought out “barbed wire” early on in the match? Even though he was the first and it was early in the match? Just happened to be some barbed wire backstage and Bateman was like “Gee, me will bring this to ring. I dunno what me gonna do wif dis when me get there.”
You are seriously overthinking this. If this has you outraged i don't know how you can stand to watch any wrestling for more than 15 mins.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I’ll say that if I had to carry barbed wire 50’, I wouldn’t put on a pair of gloves, I’d just try to grab it by the non-barbed parts…Also, Bateman’s reaction came across as genuine and for me at least added to the drama of the match.

I thought the story of the match was really well laid out and executed.