Death Before Dishonor 2021 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Death Before Dishonor 2021 Official Thread

Post by cgstong »

Help us out by order it on Fite thru our link provided here https://www.dpbolvw.net/click-7608796-15035247

SUNDAY, SEPT. 12

BELL TIME: 7 P.M. ET

2300 ARENA

2300 S SWANSON ST.

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19148

ALREADY SIGNED:

ROH WORLD TITLE FOUR-WAY ELIMINATION MATCH

CHAMPION BANDIDO vs. BRODY KING vs. EC3 vs. DEMONIC FLAMITA

ROH WOMEN’S WORLD TITLE TOURNAMENT FINALS

ROH PURE TITLE MATCH

CHAMPION JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. JOSH WOODS

ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CHAMPIONS SHANE TAYLOR PROMOTIONS (SHANE TAYLOR & SOLDIERS OF SAVAGERY’S MOSES & KAUN) vs. LA FACCIÓN INGOBERNABLE (RUSH, DRAGON LEE & KENNY KING)
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Death Before Dishonor 2021 Official Thread

Post by cgstong »

The Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sunday, Sept. 12 has been moved to the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia.

The show was originally scheduled to take place in Lakeland, Fla., at RP Funding Center, but the recent COVID-19 surge in the state necessitated the change in location.

The safety, health and well-being of our fans, talent and staff remain our top priority.

Those who purchased tickets for Lakeland will receive a full refund within seven business days.

Details regarding ticket sales for Death Before Dishonor in Philadelphia to be announced soon.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

“The Technical Beast” Josh Woods will get his shot at the ROH Pure Title at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 12 at Philadelphia’s 2300 Arena.

Woods, the No. 1 contender in the Pure division, will face the winner of the Pure Title Match between champion Jonathan Gresham and Rhett Titus, which takes place at Glory By Honor Night 1 in Philadelphia on Aug. 20.

Last year, Woods made it to the Pure Title Tournament semifinals, where he lost to eventual tournament winner Gresham.

In Pure Rules matches, Woods has scored victories over former ROH World Champions Jay Lethal and Dalton Castle.

Woods is coming off a big win over his former mentor, Silas Young, in a Last Man Standing Match at Best in the World last month.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Coming off two nights of incredible action at Glory By Honor, Ring of Honor returns to the historic 2300 Arena in Philadelphia for the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sunday, Sept. 12.

Tickets for the show go on sale for HonorClub members this Friday, Aug. 27 at 10 a.m. Eastern Time. HonorClub members can use the code HCDBD at checkout to receive a 50 percent discount .

The HonorClub presale ends on Monday, Aug. 30 at 10 a.m. Eastern, at which time tickets will go on sale for the general public.

Four big matches have already been signed for Death Before Dishonor:

-- Bandido defends the ROH World Title against Brody King, EC3 and Demonic Flamita in a four-way match

-- The ROH Women’s World Title Tournament final

-- Jonathan Gresham defends the ROH Pure Title against Josh Woods

-- Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor and Soldiers of Savagery) defend the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title against La Faccion Ingobernable (RUSH, Dragon Lee and Kenny King)

In addition, two free agents recently released by another organization will square off, and Violence Unlimited (Tony Deppen, Chris Dickinson and Homicide) has issued a challenge to any Pure wrestler past, present or future to face them in a six-man tag match at Death Beforee Dishonor.

Keep it locked onto ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for more match announcements.

The atmosphere in the 2300 Arena is always electric when The Best Wrestling on the Planet is there. Don’t miss your opportunity to see the hard-hitting, in-your-face action that only ROH can deliver live and in person!

ROH PRESENTS DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR PAY-PER-VIEW
SUNDAY, SEPT. 12
BELL TIME: 7PM ET
2300 ARENA
2300 S SWANSON ST.
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19148

Help us out by order it on Fite thru our link provided here https://www.dpbolvw.net/click-7608796-15035247
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

So we are getting multiple debuts or returns at the ppv
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 am So we are getting multiple debuts or returns at the ppv
Sounds like there will probably be a three man tag match between Deppen, Dickenson and Homicide vs three ‘Pure’ guys or they are breaking it down into three single matches.

ROH has obviously retweeted Moriarty, wether that means something I don’t know.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:59 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 am So we are getting multiple debuts or returns at the ppv
Sounds like there will probably be a three man tag match between Deppen, Dickenson and Homicide vs three ‘Pure’ guys or they are breaking it down into three single matches.

I hope it does. I'd love to see Lee in ROH.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Please...get Moriarty in ROH
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

indyfan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:14 am Please...get Moriarty in ROH
Yes please!
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Looks like about 392 tickets were released for the presale, unless they released more than just the front row in the Northeast section and all the other seats already sold, but that seems unlikely. Also looks like the Southwest section wasn't released.

So assuming they released 392 and not more, a minimum of 125 tickets have gone out in the 2 hours they've been for sale.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:20 am Looks like about 392 tickets were released for the presale, unless they released more than just the front row in the Northeast section and all the other seats already sold, but that seems unlikely. Also looks like the Southwest section wasn't released.

So assuming they released 392 and not more, a minimum of 125 tickets have gone out in the 2 hours they've been for sale.
The first rows sold out pretty fast.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:55 am
famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:20 am Looks like about 392 tickets were released for the presale, unless they released more than just the front row in the Northeast section and all the other seats already sold, but that seems unlikely. Also looks like the Southwest section wasn't released.

Yeah it looked like all those seats got released. The ones I don't think were released were the northeast bleachers (they released the first row but not any others) and that small section on the southwest of the map. Unless you saw otherwise; I didn't have a chance to check the map until tickets had already been on sale a few hours.

In any case, at this moment it appears a minimum of 145 have been sold.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:29 pm
kovs27 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:55 am

Yeah it looked like all those seats got released. The ones I don't think were released were the northeast bleachers (they released the first row but not any others) and that small section on the southwest of the map. Unless you saw otherwise; I didn't have a chance to check the map until tickets had already been on sale a few hours.

In any case, at this moment it appears a minimum of 145 have been sold.
I saw the ticket page right when they were released. Your assessment is correct.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:22 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:59 am

I hope it does. I'd love to see Lee in ROH.
Yeah very much so, looking at the picture, I think it’s either Rust Taylor/Alex Shelley, the other looks like either Jay Lethal or Ricky Reyes, can’t make the third one.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

sooo...lets speculate guys?

Two professional wrestlers recently released from another organization will face off at #ROHDBD!

Who do you think it could be?

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'll take a guess and say Curt Stallion and Bobby Fish.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Bobby Fish is super young at 44, going thing he’s not old like Christian Cage and his 47 year old ass.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:55 pm Bobby Fish is super young at 44, going thing he’s not old like Christian Cage and his 47 year old ass.
If Bobby Fish comes right in the door and wins the world title instead of a guy like Brody King or Shane Taylor, that comparison would be valid. Nobody is upset that Christian Cage came back. As long as he can work I'd keep booking him but that doesn't mean he should be Impact World Champion, especially since he doesn't even work there.

There's also a big difference between having a handful of guys over 40 versus having a seemingly endless number of them.
DougN

Post by DougN »

People worry about age too much. It's not like Bobby Fish is going to walk in and challenge Bandido for the belt.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I hope that elimination title match means that RoH will stop having multiple wrestlers with "title shots" going forward and focus on building up one challenger. Realistically speaking there was no reason why Flip had to wait this long for his title shot.