ROH Glory By Honor night 1 and 2

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ROH Glory By Honor night 1 and 2

Post by famicommander »

Silas vs Horus for night 1.

hell yes
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

MLW just moved their November card from Chicago to Philly.

They really, really seem to be trying to nail down the ECW Arena as their home venue. Probably didn't hurt that they aired like 30 episodes of MLW Underground taped right out of that venue all year long.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:18 pm MLW just moved their November card from Chicago to Philly.

They really, really seem to be trying to nail down the ECW Arena as their home venue. Probably didn't hurt that they aired like 30 episodes of MLW Underground taped right out of that venue all year long.
Chicago was one of MLW's best towns. I'm curious what caused them to move. MLW is running Philadelphia in October as well. That doesn't seem like a good move in my opinion.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:42 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:18 pm MLW just moved their November card from Chicago to Philly.

Chicago was one of MLW's best towns. I'm curious what caused them to move. MLW is running Philadelphia in October as well. That doesn't seem like a good move in my opinion.
pwinsider said it had to do with their new streaming deal to be announced next week
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:44 pm

pwinsider said it had to do with their new streaming deal to be announced next week
That still sounds strange to me. The one PPV building MLW did was out of Chicago. It can't be because the building won't support MLW streaming from the location.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:12 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:44 pm

That still sounds strange to me. The one PPV building MLW did was out of Chicago. It can't be because the building won't support MLW streaming from the location.
I think they need a semi-permanent location to film the Lucha Underground style scenes. There are probably sets and stuff they want to keep on hand and not have to move from place to place; I know for the teasers they flew people back and forth to LA. I can't imagine they want to do that every time.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:17 pm
kovs27 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:12 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:44 pm pwinsider said it had to do with their new streaming deal to be announced next week
I think they need a semi-permanent location to film the Lucha Underground style scenes. There are probably sets and stuff they want to keep on hand and not have to move from place to place; I know for the teasers they flew people back and forth to LA. I can't imagine they want to do that every time.
The first Azteca Underground taking will be in Tijuana, partnered with The Crash. Maybe after that Philly will be a home base like you suggest.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Yep that’s the singles match you should make, honestly it’s tragic it really is.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:30 pm Yep that’s the singles match you should make, honestly it’s tragic it really is.
By my count there are at least 7 singles matches announced?

Bandido vs Flip Gordon
Jon Gresham vs Rhett Titus
Brian Johnson vs EC3
Rey Horus vs Silas Young
Cheslea Green vs TBA
Matt Taven vs Vincent
Dalton Castle vs Danhausen

Presumably there will be more matches still to be announced. I think the cards look good so far, not sure what the whining is about
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:29 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:30 pm Yep that’s the singles match you should make, honestly it’s tragic it really is.

Bandido vs Flip Gordon
Brian Johnson vs EC3
Rey Horus vs Silas Young
Cheslea Green vs TBA
Matt Taven vs Vincent

Presumably there will be more matches still to be announced. I think the cards look good so far, not sure what the whining is about
Can safely I want to see one of those singles, 1 out of 7 is horrid numbers. I remember a time when I would to see five maybe more. That’s how bad things have gotten for the company and for us as fans. It’s amazing how accepting of bad the fan base has become.
Montana

Post by Montana »

To be fair, there are a handful of good multi-man matches on these shows as well:

VE vs. FLI 4 on 4
Bandido / Horus vs. Rush & Dragon Lee
STP vs. Inchoerence
FLip & FLamita vs. Briscoes
VE vs. Foundation

I think the 6 man Mayhem and the Briscoes vs. Bateman and Dutch could be good too.

While the singles matches aren't lighting the world on fire; maybe 2 i'm excited for, and 2-3 that should be pretty good under card matches.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:59 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:29 pm

Bandido vs Flip Gordon
Brian Johnson vs EC3
Rey Horus vs Silas Young
Cheslea Green vs TBA
Matt Taven vs Vincent

Can safely I want to see one of those singles, 1 out of 7 is horrid numbers. I remember a time when I would to see five maybe more. That’s how bad things have gotten for the company and for us as fans. It’s amazing how accepting of bad the fan base has become.
I don't see a bad match on that list. I don't know what you're so bent out of shape over but there are plenty of multi-man matches with storyline implications on the card too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Night 1: 187 remaining
Night 2: 127 remaining
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Night 1: 183 remaining
Night 2: 119 remaining
DBD: minimum 188 sold
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Pacman-Spence is off. Go scoop up your GBH tixs now!!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:24 pm Pacman-Spence is off. Go scoop up your GBH tixs now!!
Pac is still fighting and he still has a good opponent. I'd bet it still clears half a million TV buys.

It's lucky they had Yordenis Ugas on the card. In theory he should be the favorite but because of his style he tends to get robbed by the judges, as he did when he fought Shawn Porter for the WBC title which Porter later lost in the unification fight with Spence.

Definitely a big letdown, though. Spence was the top guy in the division, Ugas is probably 4th or 5th. Still a great fight but not a megafight anymore.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:32 pm
Shanahan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:24 pm Pacman-Spence is off. Go scoop up your GBH tixs now!!
Pac is still fighting and he still has a good opponent. I'd bet it still clears half a million TV buys.

It's lucky they had Yordenis Ugas on the card. In theory he should be the favorite but because of his style he tends to get robbed by the judges, as he did when he fought Shawn Porter for the WBC title which Porter later lost in the unification fight with Spence.

Definitely a big letdown, though. Spence was the top guy in the division, Ugas is probably 4th or 5th. Still a great fight but not a megafight anymore.
It's not must see tho. Ugas is very good but unknown to casual fans.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:52 pm
famicommander wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:32 pm

It's not must see tho. Ugas is very good but unknown to casual fans.
Yeah, that's why I said it wasn't a megafight anymore. But the fact that this is probably Pac's last fight ever no matter what should be enough to push it over half a million TV PPV buys, and if it gets that many buys then probably several million people will be watching it (considering multiple people watching one PPV feed/fight parties/bars, digital PPV buys, piracy, etc).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Night 1: 179 remaining
Night 2: 112 remaining

hopefully these shows don't get canceled too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Philly businesses now will require proof of vaccinations or masks:
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/co ... s/2923483/

No hints of an indoor gathering ban yet.