Jonathan Gresham Appreciation Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wavelet Transform

Jonathan Gresham Appreciation Thread

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Jonathan Gresham has been so great since the re-start, I felt a separate thread is warranted. He's had the best match on each ppv and the Foundation is the centerpiece of ROH.

He's on another level in terms of selling, finishes, and stories in his matches right now. I love that he's ending matches with sudden finishes, using lots of different finishes, and not going through a pre-defined routine before ending the match. Awesome realism and something I've been wanting in wrestling for a long time. Also going out of his way to make his opponents (esp. Woods and Draper) look fantastic in defeat.

In my mind, without question the best technical wrestler in the world right now. So happy he has the ROH platform to do his work and that he's so prominently featured. Who'd have thought training with Mr. Hughes would produce such an awesome wrestler?
kovs27

Re: Jonathan Gresham Appreciation Thread

Post by kovs27 »

100% agree. No one can touch Gresham right now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ring of Honor was made for Jon Gresham and Jon Gresham was made for Ring of Honor.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Yeah Gresham is the fuckin man. Hes untouchable right now. Hes also the best booked champion in north american wrestling today. He oozes charisma and confidence. i loved it when he held up both belts to Kahn and Moses.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Completely agree here. Gresham has been on fire. It makes me really want to see a Gresham vs. ZSJ rematch, but i think Gresham has surpassed ZSJ now. While both great, Gresham simply puts together a better technical & entertaining match at the same time. Adds more psychology.

Makes me wonder who will knock off gresham. I feel like they are grooming Josh Woods; but i think Gresham will keep it for a while.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Montana wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:26 pm ]It makes me really want to see a Gresham vs. ZSJ rematch, but i think Gresham has surpassed ZSJ now. While both great, Gresham simply puts together a better technical & entertaining match at the same time. Adds more psychology.
YES! Totally agree. ZSJ is, of course, also great, but the Gresham's matches are just consistently epic at the moment whereas Zach's can descend into him just putting on a series of zany submissions across various body parts.

I do hope the crowds are loud for and appreciative of Gresham when we get back to live events. They were way into David Starr/Gresham in PWG, but crowds were quieter than I thought was warranted for some of Gresham's excellent 2019 BOLA.