Official 19th Anniversary Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Official 19th Anniversary Thread

Post by AlexROH »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:14 am I’m finishing up the event. Super weak submission hold by Rhett. Didn’t look like he was hurting Bestia one bit. Not sure whose fault that is, but terrible
The problem was Bestia. Rhett tried to close the full nelson but Bestia, since he isn't as flexible as he used to be, couldn't move his arms enough. It looked pretty bad, tbh.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I hope ROH has TV lined up that deals with aftermath of 19th Ann. I dont want filler episodes for 3 weeks like we had after Final Battle
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:10 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:07 pm What an odd mix for Brody. But ROH loves factions that have absolutely nothing in common so that checks the boxes of Delirious. So thrilled for Rhett. Excellent main event match. The most shocking thing was Doug Gentry's name on Dee's t-shirt. Good show, not great, and jesus christ Matt Taven and Vincent should be sentenced to prison for that.
Odd mix? Nothing in common?? Please explain this to me because i think it makes perfect sense.
Obviously there is the GCW connection, how does this loop in Brody King? It's another random group put together, here's some names let's see how they fit together without organically having a reason to unite. Lifeblood is exactly the same thing, here's a faction insert random guys together and then come up with logic that may or may not work.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:27 pm I think you are really seeing the revival of roh
I think you're completely oblivious to everything that exists on planet Earth.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

AlexROH wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 am The Anniversary show was the much needed home-run that ROH deserves after so many months of good work and solid wrestling. I haven't enjoyed a ROH PPV that much in a long time. Everything clicked. The worst matches were beyond average and the best stuff was superb. Pacing was great too, with every match feeling different and getting the time it needed. I also loved the ending, with the big Homicide's comeback and Dickinson's debut, which is a huge get.

Brian Johnson vs. Eli Isom vs. Danhausen vs. LSG ⭐⭐⭐1/4
MexiSquad (Flamita, Bandido & Rey Horus) vs. Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor & SOS) ⭐⭐⭐1/2

Tracy Williams vs. Kenny King ⭐⭐⭐
Flip Gordon vs. Mark Briscoe ⭐⭐⭐1/4
Josh Woods vs. Dalton Castle ⭐⭐⭐1/2+
Jay Briscoe vs. EC3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bandido vs. Flamita vs. Rey Horus ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/4+
[Unsanctioned] Vincent vs. Matt Taven ⭐⭐⭐3/4
Dak Draper vs. Jonathan Gresham ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2
The Foundation (Titus & Williams) vs. La Facción Ingobernable (Bestia & King) ⭐⭐⭐
Rush vs. Jay Lethal ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Overall, one of my favourite PPVs of modern ROH. You should go and watch it. The roster is great, the booking makes sense and, overall, the company really looks like it's finally going in a good direction. More of this, please.
Dickinson was in before, 1 show. Wrestled Elgin in Dayton. Was supposed to do more but didn't when ROH ghosted him.

These ratings are incredibly generous. Especially the Taven/Vincent shit show which is in the negative stars range, and you can probably drop a star from everything else besides Rush and Lethal.

Also EC3 is incredibly boring. Easy pass there on that guy. Not even the legendary Jay Briscoe could salvage that guy.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:17 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:07 pm What an odd mix for Brody. But ROH loves factions that have absolutely nothing in common so that checks the boxes of Delirious. So thrilled for Rhett. Excellent main event match. The most shocking thing was Doug Gentry's name on Dee's t-shirt. Good show, not great, and jesus christ Matt Taven and Vincent should be sentenced to prison for that.
Odd mix? Nothing in common?? Please explain this to me because i think it makes perfect sense.
Obviously there is the GCW connection, how does this loop in Brody King? It's another random group put together, here's some names let's see how they fit together without organically having a reason to unite. Lifeblood is exactly the same thing, here's a faction insert random guys together and then come up with logic that may or may not work.
Brody has been talking about bringing violence to ROH since the fall. After getting outnumbered by LFI he said he had to find people like him. So he went out and got 1 of the most violent guys in ROH history in Homicide. He also brought in one of biggest badasses on the Indies in Dickinson. And finally, he looked at roh roster and saw a guy in pure division who was better known for the anything goes matches he had on the indies in Deppen. The group makes perfect sense to battle LFI. If you think delirious just picked them out of a hat you should be embarrassed. This group makes more sense than when they Inner Circle started.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Here he comes to shit on everything but then say that he isn't biased. Give it a break we are all so sick of your negative shit.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:22 pm
AlexROH wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 am The Anniversary show was the much needed home-run that ROH deserves after so many months of good work and solid wrestling. I haven't enjoyed a ROH PPV that much in a long time. Everything clicked. The worst matches were beyond average and the best stuff was superb. Pacing was great too, with every match feeling different and getting the time it needed. I also loved the ending, with the big Homicide's comeback and Dickinson's debut, which is a huge get.

MexiSquad (Flamita, Bandido & Rey Horus) vs. Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor & SOS) ⭐⭐⭐1/2

Jay Briscoe vs. EC3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Foundation (Titus & Williams) vs. La Facción Ingobernable (Bestia & King) ⭐⭐⭐
Rush vs. Jay Lethal ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Overall, one of my favourite PPVs of modern ROH. You should go and watch it. The roster is great, the booking makes sense and, overall, the company really looks like it's finally going in a good direction. More of this, please.
Dickinson was in before, 1 show. Wrestled Elgin in Dayton. Was supposed to do more but didn't when ROH ghosted him.

These ratings are incredibly generous. Especially the Taven/Vincent shit show which is in the negative stars range, and you can probably drop a star from everything else besides Rush and Lethal.

Also EC3 is incredibly boring. Easy pass there on that guy. Not even the legendary Jay Briscoe could salvage that guy.
People like you are what make me write less and less on forums. I like to share reviews and have a good conversation with people who had different opinions, but just going out there mocking people that enjoy something and telling them how bad it was... I don't really get it. Nobody would be open to have a real conversation with you. Keep that toxicity and negativy on Twitter if you want to, let people enjoy thing and don't be so rude.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:42 pm

Jay Briscoe vs. EC3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Rush vs. Jay Lethal ⭐⭐⭐⭐

People like you are what make me write less and less on forums. I like to share reviews and have a good conversation with people who had different opinions, but just going out there mocking people that enjoy something and telling them how bad it was... I don't really get it. Nobody would be open to have a real conversation with you. Keep that toxicity and negativy on Twitter if you want to, let people enjoy thing and don't be so rude.
Keep doing reviews. I agree with your thoughts. This dude is just a troll because his friends don't like ROH management.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:39 pm Here he comes to shit on everything but then say that he isn't biased. Give it a break we are all so sick of your negative shit.
Angry trolls never die, sadly.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:39 pm Here he comes to shit on everything but then say that he isn't biased. Give it a break we are all so sick of your negative shit.
Truer words have never been spoken.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:46 pm
Angry trolls never die, sadly.
Please continue to post here. We can disagree on stuff, but he has a biased dislike for ROH. The rest of us can talk about it unbiased and usually enjoy the product
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Brody has been talking about bringing violence to ROH since the fall. After getting outnumbered by LFI he said he had to find people like him. So he went out and got 1 of the most violent guys in ROH history in Homicide. He also brought in one of biggest badasses on the Indies in Dickinson. And finally, he looked at roh roster and saw a guy in pure division who was better known for the anything goes matches he had on the indies in Deppen. The group makes perfect sense to battle LFI. If you think delirious just picked them out of a hat you should be embarrassed. This group makes more sense than when they Inner Circle started.
Homicide is the lone person in the group who makes sense in the confines of ROH's universe. Deppen, and Dickinson make zero sense to anyone that doesn't know them from outside of ROH, especially considering Deppen has been wrestling regular matches in ROH so far. The Inner Circle is a completely different animal but the way it was explained, and played out made perfect sense. This literally just happened 20 hours ago although I knew Dee was kind of doing something, because he has no idea how social media works. I don't know why you always want to play off this well if it was AEW it would be acceptable cop out. The two companies aren't in the same stratosphere.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

AlexROH wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:42 pm

Jay Briscoe vs. EC3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Rush vs. Jay Lethal ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nobody is telling you not to enjoy anything. But if you're gonna write and do interviews counter opinions are absolutely appropriate responses. As former President Harry S. Truman once said "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I totally forgot that the PPV was last night but I found about the new team scrolling through Facebook. Brody King, Dickinson, Homicide, and Deppen. ROH has me pulled in to check that out.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Homicide is the lone person in the group who makes sense in the confines of ROH's universe. Deppen, and Dickinson make zero sense to anyone that doesn't know them from outside of ROH, especially considering Deppen has been wrestling regular matches in ROH so far. The Inner Circle is a completely different animal but the way it was explained, and played out made perfect sense. This literally just happened 20 hours ago although I knew Dee was kind of doing something, because he has no idea how social media works. I don't know why you always want to play off this well if it was AEW it would be acceptable cop out. The two companies aren't in the same stratosphere.
ROH already did one of those in-depth sit down interviews with Deppen on TV when he debuted where he talked about being know as the crazy guy on the indies and how he wanted to show people he could actually wrestle. Ian & Caprice mentioned it during his matches. Then he went from being in Pure Title Tourney to being on PPV and then being left off the next PPV and he was angry. The angle had people on here and other forums thinking Brody was leaving and asking what is going on with Deppen/ROH. Well, now we know what is going on and it totally worked. Dickinson makes sense...a lot of people who watch ROH know or have heard or seen a Dickinson match. If they have no idea who he is...well they'll get to know him real quick and they'll enjoy the dude. You are WAAAAAAAY off on this complaint.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I dont think aew really ever explained why the inner circle formed
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:12 pm I dont think aew really ever explained why the inner circle formed
AEW didn't, Chris Jericho did, over the course of 3 weeks worth of promos. To protect Le Champion he hired an undefeated MMA guy/former world champ to watch his back, street ruffians who would slit the throat of anyone who touched him, and snagged the young talent to guide going forward. Do you watch the show? These characteristics were beaten into the viewer for months.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:07 pm

ROH already did one of those in-depth sit down interviews with Deppen on TV when he debuted where he talked about being know as the crazy guy on the indies and how he wanted to show people he could actually wrestle. Ian & Caprice mentioned it during his matches. Then he went from being in Pure Title Tourney to being on PPV and then being left off the next PPV and he was angry. The angle had people on here and other forums thinking Brody was leaving and asking what is going on with Deppen/ROH. Well, now we know what is going on and it totally worked. Dickinson makes sense...a lot of people who watch ROH know or have heard or seen a Dickinson match. If they have no idea who he is...well they'll get to know him real quick and they'll enjoy the dude. You are WAAAAAAAY off on this complaint.

So you book Tony Deppen, hot indy wrestler guy who never really did the ultra violent stuff until covid, as a pure wrestler he fails and becomes a violent person without any context inside of the tv show? OK. Brody signed a deal at the end of last year, they put out a press release stating as such, right at the same time they did PCO. This isn't Impact where deals last 6 days or 3 weeks or whatever nonsense they would pull with Tom Latimer. You mentioned a lot of individual characteristics, including 2 people who were on tv and not together, and 2 people not seen in the company in years, there's no way to connect the dots. Nobody is a bigger fan of the filthy father aka the dirty daddy than me. But I'm not willing to stretch the logic that far and bite on this one until they tell the story.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:22 pm
Shanahan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:07 pm

So you book Tony Deppen, hot indy wrestler guy who never really did the ultra violent stuff until covid, as a pure wrestler he fails and becomes a violent person without any context inside of the tv show? OK. Brody signed a deal at the end of last year, they put out a press release stating as such, right at the same time they did PCO. This isn't Impact where deals last 6 days or 3 weeks or whatever nonsense they would pull with Tom Latimer. You mentioned a lot of individual characteristics, including 2 people who were on tv and not together, and 2 people not seen in the company in years, there's no way to connect the dots. Nobody is a bigger fan of the filthy father aka the dirty daddy than me. But I'm not willing to stretch the logic that far and bite on this one until they tell the story.
Deepen has been doing hardcore matches (falls count anywhere,ladder matches,anything goes,TLC) for YEARS. He didn't just start when covid hit.
You just explained to chrisvegas about why inner circle made sense so when brody explains why he got together with them i will wait for you to admit you were wrong or you can continue to be a biased troll.