Joey Mercury files lawsuit against ROH, SBG

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Joey Mercury files lawsuit against ROH, SBG

Post by Montana »

So his complaints were:

He wasn't getting paid enough, and He wanted to get the talent to be paid more.
He was overworked.
I was in charge of medical, but the company would not allow him to do his job and get adequate medical.
Also mislabeled as an independent worker, while really an employee.
Thus forcing him to leave

Hmm, guess we'll see where it goes.
Last edited by Montana on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Imagine freely staying in a job, where you had the chance to leave where you are underpaid and overworked then leave of your own free will and sue someone for it. If everyone did that businesses would be dealing with lawsuits left right and centre. Wanting talent to get paid more literally has nothing to do with anything other than trying to paint a picture of integrity which the other lawsuit tried to do with Klein. If SBG’s lawyers can get through the legal jargon for what it actually is so much of it won’t matter.

Again just like Klein’s it’s all about wether or not there’s anything to them being employees while being under an independent contract. He probably has more a case in that his duties were than just one specific role if that was ever defined under his agreement. Also more so if the 6 months term of not being to gain suitable employment anywhere I’ve always found wrong but this might have been something he could have waived.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I think Kelly may have a half of leg to stand on if she can prove that no medical attention was available, and alerted the required folks (Which doesn't align with ROH's side of the story) .... but oddly enough, it's seems like if Joey was in charge of medical, you would think She would sue Joey as well.

I'd be surprised if Joey gets a cent; and ROH/SBG may purposefully go after Joey, if not both with counter suits, and defamation lawsuits. They may think they did nothing wrong; but I'm sure if ROH/SBG really wanted this could get messy quick and end up very bad for Kelly/Joey.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

They both have issues in their cases where it’s more than viable to get a favourable judgement. It’s more about what their case revolves around for both of them that is going to be the most difficult possibly. I don’t necessarily know how conspiracy works with regards to cases but when you consider who’s involved SBG may infer that this has been planned or there is collusion between the two considering their relationship.

I could very much see counter suits considering who’s involved.
JoeyNRetrograde

Post by JoeyNRetrograde »

Defamation requires a falsity. I’ll be backing up everyone of my claims with hard copy evidence & testimony. I can’t wait to see them try to lie.

Spoiler:
They won’t be able to
RU$H over w/ Cuernos.
Regards-
Joey Mercury, the Last
JoeyNRetrograde

If you got a question- I’ll answer pollite ones.
Regards-
Joey Mercury, the Last
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

nah thanks.
JoeyNRetrograde

Cool.
It’d be idyllic if everyone who comments was there, & no one contacted ME. Ever. ⚖️
Regards-
Joey Mercury, the Last
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

For your sake I hope your lawyer is more literate than you are.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I don't think i have any questions.

I'm far from a legal expert; but seems like a lot of the claims that were brought up were more opinion based. Not as black and white and room for interpretation. I imagine if SBG really want to get nasty; they could. I have limited exposure to contracts; and it's amazing how one word can have significant ramifications towards the case. Maybe it's just on TV; but typically the more expensive lawyers would win out.

The overall argument seems like you guys are trying to fight the good fight; against the corporate monster. If nothing else, it gives ROH 2 black eyes. Hopefully inspire some change; which outside looking in; it looks like they've changed a bit , at least in terms of presentation. But this is one of those situations where you can win and still lose. ... or lose and win, depending how you look at it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Danny Cage chimes in with tremendous detail - https://twitter.com/thedannycage/status ... 18753?s=21
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It's about time he finally called out Will.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Saying kelly Klein and joey mercury are trash and she probably accusing jay lethal of harassment because he looked at her
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ian Riccaboni has confirmed at least some of Danny's account on Reddit and thanked him for coming out with some details.

Will Ferrara has to go if this stuff is true. We all knew Joey was trash but I had no idea about Will.

Also not shocking to see Kelly Klein fishing for dirt to weaponize against people. Makes me feel a little better about Lethal's innocence.

Glad to hear Danny go to bat for Delirious and Gresham, too.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:53 am Ian Riccaboni has confirmed at least some of Danny's account on Reddit and thanked him for coming out with some details.

Will Ferrara has to go if this stuff is true. We all knew Joey was trash but I had no idea about Will.

Also not shocking to see Kelly Klein fishing for dirt to weaponize against people. Makes me feel a little better about Lethal's innocence.

Will does date Amy Rose so there is some truth to him dating students.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:05 am
famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:53 am Ian Riccaboni has confirmed at least some of Danny's account on Reddit and thanked him for coming out with some details.

That happens so much in wrestling that I don't think being in a publicly known relationship with a student is an automatic firing. Habitually sleeping with students absolutely should be, as should sexually harassing them (or anyone) in any way. I was talking most specifically about Cage saying that Ferrara witnessed Joey physically abusing students and didn't do anything about it. That shit is completely unacceptable.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:19 am

That happens so much in wrestling that I don't think being in a publicly known relationship with a student is an automatic firing. Habitually sleeping with students absolutely should be, as should sexually harassing them (or anyone) in any way. I was talking most specifically about Cage saying that Ferrara witnessed Joey physically abusing students and didn't do anything about it. That shit is completely unacceptable.
Oh I agree 100% about Eli getting abused. There is no place for that.

It's interesting going back and forth reading Danny Cage and Joey Mercury's tweets. You could tell they are almost directly answering each other indirectly.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 am
famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:19 am

Oh I agree 100% about Eli getting abused. There is no place for that.

It's interesting going back and forth reading Danny Cage and Joey Mercury's tweets. You could tell they are almost directly answering each other indirectly.
Bringing in Joey and Bubba seems to be one of the biggest blunders of the Sinclair era of ROH. They did incalculable damage.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Honestly it’s everyone flinging shit at each and ROH is stuck in the middle looking at them all going what the fuck did we do hiring these people. All of them need to get in the bin and stay there, tired of it all really everyone comes out of it looking bad and for ROH they should just cut ties with them all.

One thing is for sure, I am never believing a word any of those four say and Ian R is saint for putting up with so much shit along the way. Wrestling is the biggest form of WTF I have ever witnessed in my life.