Official Milwaukee/Dearborn "Reclamation" (7/12-7/13) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: Official Milwaukee/Dearborn "Reclamation" (7/12-7/13) Th

Post by classic-cabana »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:When will these shows be up on the site? I want to see the Milwaukee one in particular.
According to Twitter, Monday or maybe earlier.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Both up now :D
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

First time seeing Zizon Middoux, he looks alright, only 21 and has a good physique too, a lot of potential. Is he from the school?

His brother is Justin Gabriel! Even Nigel never knew.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

classic-cabana wrote:First time seeing Zizon Middoux, he looks alright, only 21 and has a good physique too, a lot of potential. Is he from the school?

I believe he did train at the ROH Dojo.

Is he Justin Gabriel's brother? If so that's pretty cool...
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

According to Kelly they are brothers

Definately go out of they way to check out Edwards v O'Reilly, absolutely brilliant, hard hitting as expected, both were on it and brought it.

Elgin wrestled in just trunks. A much better look for him, looks more of a monster.

Four way is pretty good, doesn't really get going until the match breaks down and becomes a free for all. Great fun and fast paced in the final sprint. Elgin really is the MVP of wrestling nevermind ROH.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
classic-cabana wrote:First time seeing Zizon Middoux, he looks alright, only 21 and has a good physique too, a lot of potential. Is he from the school?

I believe he did train at the ROH Dojo.

Is he Justin Gabriel's brother? If so that's pretty cool...
Judging by his cagematch http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=9135 he's been wrestling since 07 in South Africa before coming to America I assume. Kevin also said he was a second-generation wrestler.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Both nights are available on PPV/VOD on the ROH website.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

So far the MW show is avarage, EE/KO was the best match but I wasn't into it. Hate how Bennett changed his name yet he's basically the same wrestler, with the same moves and same atitude. But at least the next matches are Young/Steen and Ciampa/Rhino [cornette]
MOOSE!
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I thought the Milwaukee show was pretty good. Absolutely loved Eddie/Kyle. Thought Davey/Fish and the 4 way were good. About what I expected from the show, decent show but a B show nonetheless.

I fully expect ROH to start pumping out A show after A show starting with Toronto because they should have more money to spend now with no iPPV. Overall, his show has nothing worth watching more than once. That's the biggest problem with ROH lately IMO. They have a pretty solid roster, but the match ups suck and there are literally no rivalries because of the SCUM angle. Nothing ever stands out. I'm waiting ROH...
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Just finished watching Eddie vs. Kyle. I can literally watch them wrestle forever and not get bored.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Holy shit the Four-Way was insane. MOTN so far.
MOOSE!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

ROHFan25 wrote: I fully expect ROH to start pumping out A show after A show starting with Toronto because they should have more money to spend now with no iPPV. Overall, his show has nothing worth watching more than once. That's the biggest problem with ROH lately IMO. They have a pretty solid roster, but the match ups suck and there are literally no rivalries because of the SCUM angle. Nothing ever stands out. I'm waiting ROH...
I can't imagine not doing iPPV will free up a lot of the budget, if anything they might lose money from the live buys.

A very high majority of shows have at least one bout that is A show worthy. Reclamation Night 1 had at least 2 matches with high rewatch value, for a B show it was very, very good.

They are lacking rivalries but they just ended one that involved most of the roster, give it time. I think ROH is in a small transition period creatively, but we are getting some stellar match ups, the best talent and the World Title tournament which will take the spotlight, rightly so.

There is a lot to look forward to. There are some irons if the fire with Cole's heel turn, the status of Hardy, the eventual dominance of Elgin etc.

As for stuff standing out, ROH has by far the best tag division in pro wrestling in a long time. Elgin is stealing the show with performances that make him the standout wrestler this year. There is the potential of ACH and the emergence to the very top of Cole and Ciampa. Plus we are getting more fly in from Japan and closer to home (London, Bucks etc) that make the shows they appear on feel like supershows.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

classic-cabana wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote: I fully expect ROH to start pumping out A show after A show starting with Toronto because they should have more money to spend now with no iPPV. Overall, his show has nothing worth watching more than once. That's the biggest problem with ROH lately IMO. They have a pretty solid roster, but the match ups suck and there are literally no rivalries because of the SCUM angle. Nothing ever stands out. I'm waiting ROH...
I can't imagine not doing iPPV will free up a lot of the budget, if anything they might lose money from the live buys.

A very high majority of shows have at least one bout that is A show worthy. Reclamation Night 1 had at least 2 matches with high rewatch value, for a B show it was very, very good.

They are lacking rivalries but they just ended one that involved most of the roster, give it time. I think ROH is in a small transition period creatively, but we are getting some stellar match ups, the best talent and the World Title tournament which will take the spotlight, rightly so.

There is a lot to look forward to. There are some irons if the fire with Cole's heel turn, the status of Hardy, the eventual dominance of Elgin etc.

As for stuff standing out, ROH has by far the best tag division in pro wrestling in a long time. Elgin is stealing the show with performances that make him the standout wrestler this year. There is the potential of ACH and the emergence to the very top of Cole and Ciampa. Plus we are getting more fly in from Japan and closer to home (London, Bucks etc) that make the shows they appear on feel like supershows.
I'd agree that ROH is going through a small transition period with these shows in the Mid-West. In the aftermath of S.C.U.M. and the World Title being vacated, the Milwaukee & Dearborn Shows were probably meant to be sort of B-Shows anyway, with no real major stories or titles on the line. More than likely they're just bridging the gap so to speak.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

DieHard wrote:Holy shit the Four-Way was insane. MOTN so far.
I completely agree, just finished watching it about 10-15 minutes ago. I know the match had a great amount of talent in it, but it just seemed to come out of nowhere, considering I hadn't really heard any hype for it, and I can't remember off the top of my head the last 4-Corner Survival where they just let the guys go all out like that.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Just got done watching Night One. Really good event, really dug Silas Young, him and Adam Page have a lot of potential to go far in Ring of Honor.

Also quite possibly the best match featuring Mike Sydal in ROH. Hope they bring in Justin Gabriel's brother and stick them in the tag division, depending on if The Young Bucks are back one night or not, we need another tag team in there and those two work well. Remind me of Zak Sabre Jr and Marty Scrull.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

They've had two matches as a team already, I would assume they're sticking around
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Fawrules wrote:
I completely agree, just finished watching it about 10-15 minutes ago. I know the match had a great amount of talent in it, but it just seemed to come out of nowhere, considering I hadn't really heard any hype for it, and I can't remember off the top of my head the last 4-Corner Survival where they just let the guys go all out like that.
Yes, HOT's interference sucked but other than that really great match. Taven looked good here, btw. His dive is awesome 8-)
MOOSE!
Tim

Post by Tim »

DieHard wrote:
Fawrules wrote:
Yes, HOT's interference sucked but other than that really great match. Taven looked good here, btw. His dive is awesome 8-)
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Taven has quietly been having a lot of good matches lately. Can't wait for Taven/Strong.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Can someone please tell Silas Young to fucking wear black knee pads!!!
Tim

Post by Tim »

AndyDiaz wrote:Can someone please tell Silas Young to fucking wear black knee pads!!!
Why?