ROH in Chicago

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
jayjay810

ROH in Chicago

Post by jayjay810 »

Hello I was on the old official board but never posted much. There is one thing that is bugging me though. ROH hasn't set a return date for Chicago. Usually they will have tickets available but when I asked at GBHX I was told to watch the website. Hopefully they will announce something this upcoming week and were just too concentrated on their black Friday deals.

On another note GBHX was a really good show. I won't spoil anything here but the main event was awesome. The tag title match was good too but I just happened to be sitting in the section with idiots making stupid comments. I know they paid for their ticket and can say what they want but it gets annoying. What else I noticed is that these idiots get worse as the night goes on. All that they accomplish is taking peoples attention from the action in ring. I try and ignore it but its like a little fly that won't go away. Sure it'll go away and there's just a little sound of buzzing but it comes back to land on you just to take your attention for a moment before its gone again and if you try swatting at it they just stay around bothering you more.

Thanks for listening and let me know if you want some more details from GBHX.
Marketh.

Re: ROH in Chicago

Post by Marketh. »

Kind of off-topic, but I was wondering: are there any photos online from GBH X yet?
Last Real Man Hype
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

There is one thing that is bugging me though. ROH hasn't set a return date for Chicago. Usually they will have tickets available but when I asked at GBHX I was told to watch the website.
I think it has to do with them not having set the 2012 yet. from what ive read they are going to visit a lot of areas where the tv is available which is sadly at the expense of some of their former regular markets. since Chicago draws well i wouldnt worry too much although i fear Chicago may not get the usual 4-5 shows per year that they are accustomed to.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Tickets are being done through ticketmaster now, so it would appear this is now going to be the way they do business.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Rudas_Iskariot

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

JSWO wrote:Tickets are being done through ticketmaster now, so it would appear this is now going to be the way they do business.
booo hiss. Ticketmaster is only going to rob ROH and the Fans of money. plus im going to miss the hand written envelopes.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

They seem to be booking shows in a bunch so a lot of shows get announced within a few days of each other. The old method of having tickets available for the next show whilst people were in the arena was a great idea in my opinion.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:They seem to be booking shows in a bunch so a lot of shows get announced within a few days of each other. The old method of having tickets available for the next show whilst people were in the arena was a great idea in my opinion.
While I completely agree with this, I was talking with someone this morning and brought up how ROH is pushing the Ringside Membership and the pre-sale for certain shows/tickets.

That, in essence, is another way to "sell" the benefits of having that membership.

If you want a jump on tickets, you gotta be a ringside member. I do think, however, it is too early to tell whether that model is successful or not.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I think it depends on the venue in regards to whether the tickets are available or from roh themselves. the Final Battle tickets are still available from ROH and can be purchased from the website instead of being directed to ticketmaster.com.
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

dark patriot wrote:I think it depends on the venue in regards to whether the tickets are available or from roh themselves. the Final Battle tickets are still available from ROH and can be purchased from the website instead of being directed to ticketmaster.com.
This seems like a possibility as well. The Baltimore TV tapings uses an entirely different web broker.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I look for the Armory show in Philly to be made available through ROH.