iPPV Complaint Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SteenMark23

iPPV Complaint Thread

Post by SteenMark23 »

Another glitched iPPV stream. Just don't do iPPVs. I think it would be much better if they just released every show on VOD the next day or whatever. I miss anticipating for a big show to be released on DVD to be honest. This iPPV experiment obviously is very hit or miss and it's a big risk when you take in the fact that thousands of people are paying money to watch it LIVE. VOD is the way to go in my opinion.

What do you think?
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: iPPV Complaint Thread

Post by classic-cabana »

definately, the VOD service they offer has been faultless so far. Some shows have been up less than a week after it took place. A week or so isnt long to remain spoiler free for those that must.
Silentpoisin

Post by Silentpoisin »

or they can get a reall ppv deal
RacingBoy

Post by RacingBoy »

@Silentpoisin they tried that once they sold awful and that door is pretty much shut forever
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

RacingBoy wrote:@Silentpoisin they tried that once they sold awful and that door is pretty much shut forever
36 buys in Canada!

It's not that hard to run iPPV smoothly. It's just ROH being morons who can't do anything right. GLF > ROH's website stream.
MOOSE!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I swear GFL worked better than this. My first ROH iPPV in 2010 (DBD8) had no issues
jvitolo

Post by jvitolo »

This is the first iPPV I've bought since ROH left GFL.tv...and probably will be the last until I'm confident the issues are worked out.
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

It seems that RF Videos & WWN Live have been producing good quality iPPVs. Out of all the iPPVs during Wrestlemania weekend CZW had the best quality iPPV (which was done by RF Videos).
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

I never have issues with Smart Mark iPPV either. This is the fourth ROH Ippv I have had a problem with in one form or another. I love ROH, but I will not be back.
burrhead

Post by burrhead »

I guess now we know why the booked Steel Cage Warfare at a tv taping.People were all up in arms about the biggest match in ROH history(storyline wise of course) being on free tv.I thought even then it's probably best it is because at least people will be able to see it.Looks like I was right!

(I'm being sarcastic of course) ;)
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

I figured after not being able to see anything for the first four matches I would wait and try again after. I have nothing but a black screen. I always thought you could re watch it after the original broadcast.

I have preached to my friends about ROH being pretty good this year with the match quality on iPPV, of course the day I have a few over to watch it I get screwed again.
fudge

Post by fudge »

I had to work so I didnt bother ordering it. Shame to hear they still havent fixed their problems
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I emailed for a refund. That was pathetic.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:I emailed for a refund. That was pathetic.
Me too, I'm not expecting much though. Such a shame, I was pumped to watch it.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Clearly this is their way to encourage people to watch events live, even if it is a long trip...

No, they just suck inexplicably hard at this. Yet another reason I stay away from ippvs (that and I only have so much money and like to collect DVDs. Wonder what their 4th July sale will be like.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Shook1 wrote:I figured after not being able to see anything for the first four matches I would wait and try again after. I have nothing but a black screen. I always thought you could re watch it after the original broadcast.
I am currently watching the replay, but it is skipping around a bit.

Going back to GoFightLive is a great idea. From what I understand, the screw ups at WM Weekend last year were not their fault... and even if they were, one screw up in two and a half years is a MUCH better track record than ROH.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

DBSommer wrote:Clearly this is their way to encourage people to watch events live, even if it is a long trip...

No, they just suck inexplicably hard at this. Yet another reason I stay away from ippvs (that and I only have so much money and like to collect DVDs. Wonder what their 4th July sale will be like.
I'm in the same boat. I love collecting DVDs, and its hard to keep up with iPPV and DVDs. This just makes it easier for me to decide to not buy iPPV anymore.
rohcanuck

Post by rohcanuck »

enigma89 wrote:It seems that RF Videos & WWN Live have been producing good quality iPPVs. Out of all the iPPVs during Wrestlemania weekend CZW had the best quality iPPV (which was done by RF Videos).
WWN Live was a disaster their last time out and they have had their share of problems as well!
STUPID OLD MAN I AM A SNAKE
LariatWinslow

Post by LariatWinslow »

I wonder if there's anything ROH could get Scarlett Bordeaux to do to get fans to forgive them for this latest failed iPPV.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Smart Mark Video is a good iPPV/VOD site, I would love to see them do the ROH stuff.