MsChif vs. Veda Scott - June 23rd Baltimore TV Tapings

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

MsChif vs. Veda Scott - June 23rd Baltimore TV Tapings

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/women- ... -baltimore
The tension between MsChif and ROH Backstage Correspondent Veda Scott has been building for several months now and has seen Veda get misted by MsChif, Scott assault MsChif in New York City on TV, and on this past weekend's edition of ROH TV, Scott first challenged MsChif to a match and then cost her a match against the very game Cherry Bomb.

Well just this morning, after great hesitation for the last month, Nigel McGuinness made it official! On June 23rd in Baltimore, as part of the "Ring of Honor Wrestling" TV Tapings, it will be MsChif versus Veda Scott one-on-one!

"She is a bully." Scott said to ROHWrestling.com, "MsChif sprayed her mist in my face for no reason and thought I would just sit back and take it. I showed her in New York I won't back down and I think she, and Nigel McGuinness, got the message in Canada just how serious I am. I didn't work through both law school and wrestling school at the same time to just end up being pushed around by her. Thank you for finally making this match Nigel, and MsChif, you better come to Baltimore prepared for a fight!"

Although her role in ROH has primarily been that of backstage correspondent, Veda Scott trained in the ROH Dojo under Daizee Haze & Delirious and has been competing around the country as well as internationally for the last two years. This marks her official debut as a competitor in ROH and in facing a veteran like MsChif in her first match out, it could not be under tougher circumstances!

It's Women of Honor action with Veda Scott versus MsChif! Tickets for our return to Baltimore on June 22nd & 23rd are available right here in the ROH Store!!
YimYac

Re: MsChif vs. Veda Scott - June 23rd Baltimore TV Tapings

Post by YimYac »

Queue Steven head explosion
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

The blow-off for the feud of the year!
MOOSE!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Not seen Veda wrestle yet, so really looking forward to this.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

When I first read the newswire I thought it said that their match would take place at the iPPV......I got scared lol. I think this is o. Gives the women something to do with it making sense
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Silentpoisin

Post by Silentpoisin »

thank god its not on IPPV
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

I will start off by saying What's the over-under on Veda Scott winning? hahaha and I really look forward to seeing Veda Scott wrestle
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

MOTY.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

SteenMark23 wrote:MOTY.
Hell Yeah!
typicalrohfan

Post by typicalrohfan »

I wonder if it pasts the main event of Final Battle 2011 (Davey Richards vs. Eddie EDDIE EDWARDS Edwards) and a random Charlie Haas vs. Michael Elgin bout for worst ROH match in recent memory.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

typicalrohfan wrote:I wonder if it pasts the main event of Final Battle 2011 (Davey Richards vs. Eddie EDDIE EDWARDS Edwards) and a random Charlie Haas vs. Michael Elgin bout for worst ROH match in recent memory.
Only time will tell
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

typicalrohfan wrote:I wonder if it pasts the main event of Final Battle 2011 (Davey Richards vs. Eddie EDDIE EDWARDS Edwards) and a random Charlie Haas vs. Michael Elgin bout for worst ROH match in recent memory.
[cornette]
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

You have to pay the Troll Toll if wanna get into that boys soul.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

The Troll Toll? That sounds brutal :p
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

Veda is a fine talent, especially as a heel, teaming with Gregory Iron in AIW.
But this match in ROH probably comes too early.
AndyDiaz wrote:Gives the women something to do with it making sense
This should be a clear victory for MsChif, but would it fit the angle?
What exactly is the angle? MsChif did what other athletes dream to do when pushy reporters ask them silly questions directly after a loss. No reason to be upset for weeks.

Veda then went after the respected veteran who played an important role in the development of the women's division and paved the way for her. In the process, she ruined Davienne's ROH debut.

So, will this become Veda's heel turn?
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

Maybe Veda will flourish in ROH as a heel if they take that route. I think ROH should have a Women's Championship so the women have something worthwhile to go for
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

ROH's female roster is way too small for a title. Also, there is a large portion of fans who doesn't like women's wrestling. So it's probably better to stick with one women's match per taping.

And, for the fans of SHIMMER, SHINE, WSU, AIW-GNO, NCW-FF, EVE, Bellatrix, PWWA and all the other women's promotions, the new ROH title would be pretty unimportant. Instead, Cheerleader Melissa could defend her SHIMMER title against MsChif or Athena in ROH at some point.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

YimYac wrote: [cornette]
Hawkeye wrote:You have to pay the Troll Toll if wanna get into that boys soul.
Wait, are we lambasting him for peaking badly of MsChif vs Veda, or for speaking badly of those other matches?
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Darius

Post by Darius »

Probably the feud between those two will continue after this taping, because they want to give Veda a push at her first matches in ROH. The feud could continue at the next tv tapings or at a house show, I don't think they will create a MsChif vs. Veda Scott match for a IPPV.