Mike Adamle reviews Ring Of Honor

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: Mike Adamle reviews Ring Of Honor

Post by classic-cabana »

"Mike Adamle". I'm a little curious, was Takao Omori already in the states or did ROH bring him in for this show? Because if they flew him in, what a waste
Omori was in the States for a while I believe. He wrestled Ken Shamrock on one of the first TNA ppvs which would be June or July.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Since I'm so strapped for time I'm gonna post probably my last one for now.

10/5/02 ROH Glory By Honor
Match 1- 2 On 2 On 2 On 1 Handicap Scramble Match- Homicide vs. The SAT (Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo) vs. Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm) vs. Special K (Dixie & Izzy) ***3/4
Match 2- Tag Team Match- The Backseat Boyz (Johnny Kashmere & Trent Acid) vs. Homicide & Steve Corino **1/4
Match 3- 6 Person Tag Match- The Christopher Street Connection (Buff-E, Mace Mendoza, & Allison Danger) vs. Christian York, Joey Matthews, & Alexis Laree *
Match 4- Tony Mamaluke vs. James Maritado **1/4
Match 5- Amazing Red vs. Ikuto Hidaka ***1/2
Match 6- ATW TV Title Match- Fast Eddie (C) vs. Don Juan **
Match 7- Texas Death Match- Steve Corino vs. Rudy Boy Gonzalez *1/2
Match 8- Fight Without Honor- Low Ki vs. Samoa Joe ****3/4
Match 9- Prince Nana vs. Eric Tuddle 1/2*
Match 10- Xavier vs. Jay Briscoe ***
Match 11- Tag Team Falls Count Anywhere Match- The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Tony DeVito) vs. Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) ***1/2
Match 12- 3-Way Elimination Match- Michael Shane vs. Paul London vs. Spanky ***1/2
Match 13/Main Event- If Doug Williams loses he can't shake hands in ROH again- Christopher Daniels vs. Doug Williams **3/4

Show thoughts- Probably the best show in ROH history to this point. That Fight Without Honor was incredible, so brutal and stiff. What a debut for Joe! What I liked about this show was a lot more matches were given some time to become something. The Carnage Crew put on another awesome hardcore match and this time Da Hit Squad brought it just as well unlike in Boston. Xavier vs. Jay Briscoe proved Jay could hang with the big guns in ROH. I thought Red vs. Hidaka was fun, a little sloppy, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. Same with the opening scramble. And the 3-way elimination was a very fun bout as well. One thing that disappointed me was the FBI match, I was enjoying it, but it was just too short, wish they'd give these guys more time, they're great with what they're given.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

classic-cabana wrote:
"Mike Adamle". I'm a little curious, was Takao Omori already in the states or did ROH bring him in for this show? Because if they flew him in, what a waste
Omori was in the States for a while I believe. He wrestled Ken Shamrock on one of the first TNA ppvs which would be June or July.
I see. I don't get why they had Omori on the show to wrestle Sonny Siaki of all people. I wish they threw him in with Briscoe and Red instead. Would've been a fun 3-way.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

11/9/02 ROH All Star Extravaganza
Match 1- Tag Team 4-Way Scramble Match- The SAT (Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo) vs. Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm) vs. Special K (Dixie & Joey Matthews) vs. Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) ***
Match 2- ROH #1 Contender's Trophy Title Semi-Final 5 Man Gauntlet Match- Michael Shane vs. CM Punk vs. Paul London vs. Amazing Red vs. Bryan Danielson ***3/4
Match 3- ROH Tag Team Title 6 Man Tag Match- The Prophecy (Christopher Daniels, Donovan Morgan (C), & Samoa Joe) vs. Doug Williams, Homicide, & Low Ki ***1/2
Match 4- Alexis Laree vs. Allison Danger *
Match 5- Tag Team Bunkhouse Match- The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Tony DeVito) vs. The Ring Crew Express (Dunn & Marcos) *1/4
Match 6- ROH Title Match- Xavier (C) vs. Jay Briscoe ***1/4
Match 7- ROH #1 Contender's Trophy Title Final Match- AJ Styles vs. Bryan Danielson ****1/4
Match 8/Main Event- Tag Team Match- Masato Tanaka & Shinjiro Otani vs. Low Ki & Steve Corino ***3/4

Show Thoughts- This may have been even better than Glory By Honor. ROH is really finding it's stride now. The Opening Scramble match was fun, I loved this combination of teams, and thought Joey Matthews with Special K was hilarious. The Gauntlet match was a great follow up and complete different style, loved it. I enjoyed the Tag Title match, expected a little more with who was in there, but enjoyed what I got. Women's match sucked. Don't understand why there was a bunkhouse match. LOVED Styles vs. Danielson and can't wait to see what these two do in the future when they haven't already wrestled. And last but not least, I enjoyed the main event, it was cool to see Low Ki and Corino team up. It seemed like Ki was wrestling more of his Japanese style since this was a Zero1 showcase, much to my applaud.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

11/16/02 ROH Scramble Madness
Match 1- Tag Team Match- Christopher Daniels & Mark Briscoe vs. Amazing Red & Jay Briscoe ***1/2
Match 2- Alexis Laree vs. Mace Mendoza 3/4*
Match 3- Xavier vs. Jeremy Lopez ***
Match 4- Tag Team Match- Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) vs. Matt Thompson & Tony Mamaluke **1/4
Match 5- 10 Man Tag Scramble Match- Amazing Red, Divine Storm (Chris Divine, & Quiet Storm), & The SAT (Joel Maximo, & Jose Maximo vs. Special K (Angeldust, Deranged, Izzy, Joey Matthews, & Slim J ****
Match 6- 2 On 1 Handicap Match- Samoa Joe vs. The Ring Crew Express (Dunn & Marcos) *
Match 7- Tag Team Boston Street Fight- Paul London & Rudy Boy Gonzalez vs. Bio-Hazard & Michael Shane ***
Match 8- 6 Man Tag Match- The Carnage Crew (HC Loc, MAZADA, & Tony DeVito) vs. Alex Arion, Don Juan, & Fast Eddie **
Match 9- Homicide vs. Samoa Joe ***3/4
Match 10- ROH #1 Contender's Trophy Title Match- AJ Styles (C) vs. Christopher Daniels ****
Match 11/Main Event- 30 Minute Iron Man Match- Bryan Danielson vs. Doug Williams ****

Show Thoughts- The shows are really starting to get better and better now. The opener is just what you want from an opening, got the crowd going and was a fun fast paced match with an unexpected twist with Mark being Daniels' partner. Was really surprised by how good Xavier vs. Jeremy Lopez was. Was also impressed with Matt Thompson, too bad they never brought him back. The Scramble match was probably the best one yet, awesome match. Rudy Boy showed he can still go. And the 3 main events were just what you would expect.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

You know it's a bust when the other people's comments are better than the reviews...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Sorry, I've got a full time job, I'm not gonna write an essay like Supersonic about every match I don't have time for that.
But you have time to watch ten full ROH cards over a span of 2 days? Something doesn't compute.
Mike Adamle wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
supersonic wrote:I appreciate the in-depth review. I can see you a put quite a bit of thought into it.
Sometimes there isn't just much to say without running through everything that happens (in which case it is really a recap, not a review), especially if you are trying to avoid giving out spoilers.
This guy gets it!
Wipe the drool from your chin.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Don't make me use this again

Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Big thanks to my main man Steven for unlocking this bad boy!

12/7/02 ROH Night Of The Butcher
Match 1- Michael Shane vs. Jeremy Lopez *3/4
Match 2- Colt Cabana vs. CM Punk **3/4
Match 3- ROH #1 Contender's Trophy Title Semi-Final Match- Paul London vs. EZ Money **1/4
Match 4- ROH #1 Contender's Trophy Title Semi-Final Match- Bryan Danielson vs. Chad Collyer **1/2
Match 5- #1 Contender For ROH Tag Team Title 4-Way Scramble Match- The SAT (Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo vs. Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) vs. Special K (Deranged & Joey Matthews vs. Amazing Red & Jay Briscoe ***3/4
Match 6- Tag Team Match- Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm) vs. Jeff Starr & Shock Wave *1/2
Match 7- ROH #1 Contender's Trophy Title Final Match- Paul London vs. Bryan Danielson ***1/2
Match 8- ROH Title Match- Xavier (C) vs. AJ Styles ***3/4
Match 9/Main Event- Tag Team Bunkhouse Match- Abdullah The Butcher & Homicide vs. The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Tony DeVito) **1/2

Show Thoughts- And the good string of shows comes to an end. The only things worth checking out on this are the really fun fast scramble match, the London-Danielson match, which was a hoot, can't wait to watch them fresh without a match already under their belts. Also, the ROH Title match was good. Xavier really isn't as bad as I'm expecting so far in this reign.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Steven, what's the rationale behind unlocking this?
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

supersonic wrote:Steven, what's the rationale behind unlocking this?
+1
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

supersonic wrote:Steven, what's the rationale behind unlocking this?
Despite his previous transgressions, he really hasn't done anything wrong in this thread. The problem has been other people posting. If he wants to post his star ratings in his own thread, let him. It's not hurting anybody.

If you're not interested in the review, just don't post. If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to PM me instead of clogging this thread up.

Thanks.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I appreciate the support Steven :D

12/28/02 ROH Final Battle 2002
Match 1- Winner gets an ROH Contract- CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana ***
Match 2- Simply Luscious vs. Alexis Laree 1/4*
Match 3- Tag Team 3-Way Scramble Match- Special K (Angeldust & Deranged) vs. Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) vs. The Backseat Boyz (Johnny Kashmere & Trent Acid) ***1/4
Match 4- ROH Tag Team Title 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match- The Prophecy (Christopher Daniels & Donovan Morgan) (C) vs. The SAT (Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo) **1/2
Match 5- Tag Team Match- The Christopher Street Connection (Mace Mendoza & The Japanese Pool Boy) vs. The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Tony DeVito) 1/2*
Match 6- Jody Fleisch vs. Amazing Red **1/4
Match 7- ROH Title Match- Xavier (C) vs. Paul London ***1/2
Match 8/Main Event- ROH #1 Contender's Trophy Title 4-Corner Survival Match- Bryan Danielson vs. Low Ki vs. Samoa Joe vs. Steve Corino ****

Show Thoughts- This was a longggggggggggggg show. The best match was the main event, but that didn't need to go the distance. It dragged many times, a very low 4 stars. Too much happened in it to not give it 4, but man, if they cut like 15 minutes it probably still could've been 4 stars. London vs. Xavier was pretty fun. Was so disappointed in the 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match, was so sloppy, The SAT suck.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Since I have very little time today I should probably throw another one on here.

1/11/03 ROH Revenge On The Prophecy
Match 1- Chad Collyer vs. Matt Stryker **1/2
Match 2- CM Punk vs. Michael Shane ***
Match 3- 4-Corner Survival Match- Paul London vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Colt Cabana vs. Homicide ****
Match 4- Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson ***3/4
Match 5- 6 Man Tag Scramble Match- Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm,) & Konnan vs. The SAT (Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo,) & Ghost Shadow ****1/4
Match 6- Tag Team No DQ Match- Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) vs. The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Tony DeVito) ***
Match 7- 5 On 4 Handicap Scramble Match- Special K (Angeldust, Deranged, Hydro, Slugger, & Yeyo) vs. The Outcast Killaz (Diablo Santiago & Oman Tortuga,) & The Ring Crew Express (Dunn & Marcos) **1/2
Match 8/Main Event- Tag Team No Holds Barred Match- AJ Styles & Low Ki vs. The Prophecy (Christopher Daniels & Xavier) *****

Show thoughts- Best show in ROH history up to this point. Almost everything here delivered, the only match I wasn't into was the 5 On 4 handicap Scramble. Even the opener was fun for what it was. I must say, I was IMPRESSED with the Konnan match, was not expecting that to be anywhere near as good as it was. Also, I gotta put over the main event, WOW. Early MOTY candidate.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

2/8/03 ROH 1st Anniversary Show
Match 1- 4-Corner Survival Match- EZ Money vs. Chad Collyer vs. Colt Cabana vs. Michael Shane ****
Match 2- 6 Man Tag Match- The Texas Wrestling Academy (Don Juan, Fast Eddie, & Hotstuff Hernandez) vs. The Carnage Crew (HC Loc, MAZADA, & Tony DeVito *3/4
Match 3- Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe ****3/4
Match 4- Steve Corino vs. Homicide ***
Match 5- CM Punk vs. CW Anderson **3/4
Match 6- Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe ****3/4
Match 7- #1 Contender For ROH Title 3-Way Match- Paul London vs. AJ Styles vs. Low Ki ******1/2
Match 8- ROH Title Match- Xavier (C) vs. Paul London ****
Match 9/Main Event- 11 On 7 Mixed Handicap Scramble Match- Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack,) Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm,) The SAT (Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo), & Trinity vs. Special K (Angeldust, Brian XL, Deranged, Dixie, Hydro, Izzy, Jody Fleisch, Mikey Whipwreck, Slim J, Slugger, & Yeyo) *****

Show thoughts- Best ROH Show ever probably. This had so many must see matches. The main event was incredible, no matter how much the live crowd or commentary wants to try and shit on it. Not every match is gonna be a technical masterpiece, and this obviously wasn't. I didn't go into this expecting to see that. I came in expecting a spot fest and it delivered on all cylinders, maybe the best spot fest of all time. And what can I even say about that 3-way match? 5 stars didn't do it justice, 6 and a half for that match. They went balls to the wall for the entire time they were out there, never a dull moment. And with so many good matches it's tough to remember that Jay vs. Mark and Dragon vs. Joe were both classics in their own rights, plus the title match was great too. Awesome show, must buy in my opinion.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Can't wait to see your ratings for Do Fixer vs. Blood Generation and Joe vs. Kobashi...10 stars? 11 and a half?
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

You gave the Scramble Madness mess 5 stars? Well now I've seen everything.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

It was an AWESOME spotfest
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Really? Well, each unto their own I guess, but it was just a total mess in my eyes.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I didn't have high expectations and was blown away!
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: